PDA

View Full Version : stock cam sprocket on hot cam stg 2

quadgod440ex
12-03-2004, 10:07 AM
ok i got the sprocket pressed off of the stock cam so i can put it on the hot cam ... there is a lobe thing that comes off with the spaces or on the sproket holder ... but there is notches on it where a pin goes from the stock cam ...the hot cam doesnt havnt one .... wat am i sopose to do here guys ?? sorry i dont have exact detail but u guys should no wat im talking about i have faith in u guys thanks ..

TC426EX
12-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Im not too sure about the exact details of the hotcam or what part you are referring to, but keep in mind that the hotcam does not use the stock decompression mechanism, so that may be what you are referring to. Maybe someone with a hotcam could answer this question, but I am guessing it has something to do with the decompression mechanism you wont be using with your new cam...

quadgod440ex
12-03-2004, 01:34 PM
that is probley wat im talking about .... anyone no where i can get this peice for my cam ? shouldnt it have cam with it ?? thats kind of stupid if it didnt

MIKE400EX
12-03-2004, 02:33 PM
If it is for a 400EX, Hot Cams cams don't use the decompressor setup. Just press the flange on and you are good to go. It would probably be a better idea to just send it back to Hot Cams and have them swap it for a new style cam that has the integral flange. Less chance of a problem down the trail.

quadgod440ex
12-03-2004, 06:28 PM
would hot cams trade straight up or would it cost more ? and wat about the decompression thing on the stock one do i just use the sprocket part or all the spacer things ?