PDA

View Full Version : how do I hook up New cd player to amp and subs??????

speedy
12-02-2004, 10:29 PM
I know how to hook the regular speakers but I seen nuthing in the instructions that tell a person how to hook the cd player up to the amp and subs so if there is anyone that can help me PLEASE ???????

hondarider2006
12-02-2004, 11:43 PM
what kind of deck are we talking about??

LazeR
12-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Well, you should be able to buy an adapter that you will match colors to your deck and it will plug directly into the facotry harness.... for the amp, you obviously have to hook it up to your battery, and there should be i think its a blue wire (power antenna) or there is another wire that can be used to "turn on" your amp so it isnt constantly on, and doesnt drain your batter i assume! Most likely your deck will have RCA plugins that you connect to your amp, then just run the sub into the amp, and voila

derekhonda
12-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Hopefully you bought a deck with rca jacks in the back of it (probably red and white, look like what you would plug your playstation into) If they are there, all you do is connect those to your amp, and run a power remote wire (so your amp is only on when your key is turned, thus not wasting your battery)

If you didnt buy the right deck, return it, if you cant, you need to go buy an adapter that steals the signal from the speaker cable. You splice into the speaker wire, hook up the adapter, and the adapter will have your rca jacks on it. The adapters are about 20 bucks at radio shack.

Hope it helped,

hondarider2006
12-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Hopefully you bought a deck with rca jacks in the back of it (probably red and white, look like what you would plug your playstation into) If they are there, all you do is connect those to your amp, and run a power remote wire (so your amp is only on when your key is turned, thus not wasting your battery)

If you didnt buy the right deck, return it, if you cant, you need to go buy an adapter that steals the signal from the speaker cable. You splice into the speaker wire, hook up the adapter, and the adapter will have your rca jacks on it. The adapters are about 20 bucks at radio shack.

Hope it helped,

If it doesn't have the RCA cables...I wouldn't hack into your speaker wire for a sub. Subs use low feq. and speakers use high feq. Using that adapter your sub isn't gonna hit as loud.....So I would just return the deck and get one with the RCA outputs;)

markk
12-03-2004, 02:38 AM
HONESTY, If u have this sorta question, It would be wise to have somone do it for u, and ask them to let u watch, and have them explain as they do it!

It's very simple, most systems use RCA jacks! from the head-unit to the amp, From the amp u will have one ground wire, usally brown, and one power wire usally RED. Also about a 14 or 16 gage wire going back to your head unit as a remote wire

(remote wire will shut the amp off, when the cd player is shut off)
from the other side of the amp u should have depending on how many channel amp u have 4 or 8 connection points, 1/2 of them are positve, and the other half are negative.

Just read on the amp, and it should be pretty well explained from there,

But have somone hook your system up 4-u the first time, that way u dont fry all that money by messing it up!

speedy
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
It has 2 RCA output wires and 2 INPUT RCA wires. The wires are all Female connections including the one on the AMP so therefor Do they make an all male wire so you can connect the amp up to the cd player???

quadrcr161
12-03-2004, 09:46 AM
take it in and pay someone to do it or find someone who konws what they are doing. you can ruin the amp and head unit if you hook it up wrong. you can also start an electrical fire and mess up or burn down your car.

speedy
12-03-2004, 09:58 AM
how much does it cost to get a pro to install it??

quadrcr161
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
depends, do you have a wiring kit? dash mount kit? wiring harness kit? all those things add up. some times if you buy at a store they will throw in a free install. just drop by a few shops and see what they charge. it will run higher since you didnt buy the stuff from them.

edit: i wouldnt call the local shop a "pro", its like compairing the local pro-am rider which orginally rides b class at a national to doug gust. a pro install can runs big $$$, but thats not your usual head and 2 install.

speedy
12-03-2004, 10:14 AM
LOL true man

But do you know where to hook up the remote wire at? Do i splice it into the keyswitch wire ??

quadrcr161
12-03-2004, 10:21 AM
dont splice it anywhere, look in the fuse box, there is generally a spot that is empty but will have current when the key is on. crimp a spade connector to it and run it from there. if there isnt an empty slot, you can pick up a connection that will let you plug the wire in with a fuse that will have current in it. also if you do it your self, which i dont reccomend, remember not to run your power/ground wires with any of your speaker wires. keep the speaker wires/rca's away from any electrical wires. you will get a humm in the system.

one good thing about taking it to a shop, they will help tune it for you also.

MY450R
12-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
take it in and pay someone to do it or find someone who konws what they are doing. you can ruin the amp and head unit if you hook it up wrong. you can also start an electrical fire and mess up or burn down your car.
ive done just that and my car caught on fire and ended up blowing up at a gas station
what a big mess that was let me tell you
that was a very bad day