PDA

View Full Version : advice on head gasket

Dalex
12-02-2004, 09:56 PM
I am getting ready to buy a 11:1 piston ,and stage 1 hotcam for my 400ex, is there a certain type head gasket I should buy to keep from blowing it out?

cals400ex
12-02-2004, 10:14 PM
make sure you get a steel head gasket. i have had good luck with the cosmetic flexsteel ones. i run the thinner ones to raise the compression a little bit

mojoe2878
12-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by cals400ex
make sure you get a steel head gasket. i have had good luck with the cosmetic flexsteel ones. i run the thinner ones to raise the compression a little bit
i run the flex steel head gasket too on a 11:1 440 and havent had any blown head gasket problems.

TC426EX
12-03-2004, 06:13 AM
you should be fine really with any steel or fiber head gasket with that compression. I actually have one I could send you if you just pay the postage for it. It is stock size and I dont want to use it on my motor (even though some say you can use a stock one on a 426), so therefore Ill hook you up if you want. It is a flexsteel one and I got it in a complete gasket kit I ordered when I tore my entire motor apart recently and its left over. Let me know if you want it and it should save you about 25 bones...

underpowered
12-03-2004, 07:39 AM
you should be fine really with any steel or fiber head gasket with that compression. I actually have one I could send you if you just pay the postage for it. It is stock size and I dont want to use it on my motor (even though some say you can use a stock one on a 426), so therefore Ill hook you up if you want. It is a flexsteel one and I got it in a complete gasket kit I ordered when I tore my entire motor apart recently and its left over. Let me know if you want it and it should save you about 25 bones...

If Dalex doesnt want the headgasket, i will take it, considering i just blew mine on my 426 this past weekend Pm me if he doesnt want it.