PDA

View Full Version : help with suspension 300ex

alazo
12-02-2004, 06:28 PM
been going to the mx track and finally got shocks peps front and rear they were set for 180lbs on 2+ arms i wanted to +3 arms burgard would i have to send to get redone or should i buy +2 arms and is there anything i should know about the dails on the rezzies any help or sugestions would help i just do open practice no raceing

drifterx
12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I'd just go with the +2's, then if you still want a lil more width, you could get some offset front rims. But i don't think you could go wrong with +2's.

bradley300
12-03-2004, 03:21 AM
how much do you wiegh? if you way 150 or 160, you could probably get the plus 3's and not have to worry about a revalve. might want to give santo deresi on this site a pm, he's a highly reccomended shock tuner and he can tell you if you would really need a re-valve or not

cdalejef
12-03-2004, 08:05 AM
1" difference in arms is a very minor change if any. I've several customers go from stock arms to +1's and I told them to just try the shocks the way they are. All of them said they worked great and didn't need changing.
I would not recommend going with the offset front wheels.

TC426EX
12-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
1" difference in arms is a very minor change if any. I've several customers go from stock arms to +1's and I told them to just try the shocks the way they are. All of them said they worked great and didn't need changing.
I would not recommend going with the offset front wheels.

I also do not reccomend the offset front rims... I used to run offset front rims with +2 a arms to get the +3 and the handling just wasnt there. Too much bump steer and odd handling all around. I have since gone to a set of +3's with regular offset and am MUCH happier.

Jeff, so you think I could get away with running my freshly serviced PEP's that were set up for +2 laegers on my +3 laegers without having them revalved? I ride primarily MX and its the off season so I really havent had a chance to go all out on a track with them yet. If I have to do it then I will since I dont want to compromise any safety on big landings or anything, but like I said, I DID just have them serviced before I made the A arm switch...

cdalejef
12-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Give them a try and see how they feel.