PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky front 400ex suspension

Ben
04-20-2002, 02:27 PM
My fiance was riding my 400 the other day and flew off while doing a dounut, she didn't roll or wreck the bike she just flew off. Well her cousin was riding a Recon and (now I didn't see this but I believe what she says) said she rode the Recon into the 400's front tire to stop in from going into a creek. She said she was going slow and my fiance says the same. Now the 400's front suspension squeaks horribily. Is it possible that I just need to relube the shock bushings or could I be looking at something more problematic? All thoughts are appreciated!

04-20-2002, 03:21 PM
First relube, then if its not that, it could cracked or somthing, Hey WHAT DO I KNOW

SUPERFLY 400
04-20-2002, 07:01 PM
Sounds like the hit to the front tire may have bent something causing a binding (squeaking) problem. Take a look at one side of your steering suspension and frame and compare it to the other side. Using the other side as a comparison should be easy to tell if any thing is bent or tweaked. Look close at the bushings and pivot points. Hope this helps.

BTW: when ever a women says I wasn't going that fast or didn't hit it that hard...... Yeah right, times that by about 5:D