PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from WA?

awsomeaussies
12-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Anyone from Washington? Where do you ride/race?

maggiesboy
12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm from Arlington, I race at Monroe at the fairgrounds, and ride all over the darned place. If you are looking for a website that is huge for western washington, check out atv connection forums, where to ride, Puget sound seattle area riders area. It is big and heavily traveled, just like I-5. Bill

dirtmomma
12-13-2004, 05:04 PM
ME I'm from Everett/Lake Stevens area :) WE also race @ Monroe & Oakwood(by Roy), Rainier(closed now :(), Hannegan(Bellingham), & like Maggiesboy said ride all over!!
We are having a ride on Jan 23 @ Walker Valley quads & bikes come one come all :) Smokey Point Cycle barn will be providing food/drinks & easy ups to get out of the rain if there is any!! Ride rain or shine you can PM me or Maggiesboy if your interested!!

WELCOME!!

awsomeaussies
12-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey dirtmomma,
My brother used to always race down at Oakwood. I think I've seen you their before. Did you have a 400ex with bicycle streamers on it? I'm thinking about racing their as soon as my 400ex gets back together. It's been a couple years since I've been there, do they still have the womans class? Also have you been to RMC in Renton? They have a killer track, its not the biggest, but it's quiet a bit bigger than Oakwood. And thanks for the invite, if my quad is together by than I'll pm you or maggiesboy. Did you ever go to Thurston County's ORV Park? It's shut down now, but I loved that place. I here it may reopen.

Maggiesboy, I'll have to try that website out. Thanks

Anyone know of any good places to ride?

dirtmomma
12-13-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey awesomeaussies I think your thinking of Katie Duncan :) I do run streamers sometimes on my 300, Ron would kill me if I ran them on HIS 400 LMAO ;) but I only run them flattrackin :blah: Whats your brothers name?? Might know of him? Yep they still have the women's class, we haven't been there since this summer we ran a couple flattracks there, the last time we did a mx/scramble it about killed the boy & I LOL they put a new whoop section in & OH MAN that was the 1st time we'd ever rode whoops it was quit the scene!! But we survived :)
as for RMC we LOVE the flattrack it's SAWEEEETTTTT we've been down there a few times, hoping to make it to the races for the next few months after Monroe is over :) My boy rides Maggiesboy's YFZ 450 so hopefully he's going too :D Well hope ya get your bike back together, what is it anyway?? TTYL~DM

spr-scott
12-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Have any of you heard of Brown's Camp, Prison Camp, Jordan Creek, or Diamonds Mill? The drive would be worht the trip. There is overnight camping in Brown's Camp.

dirtmomma
12-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by spr-scott
Have any of you heard of Brown's Camp, Prison Camp, Jordan Creek, or Diamonds Mill? The drive would be worht the trip. There is overnight camping in Brown's Camp.

I've got some friends that live in Vancouver that go to Brown's Camp they say it's good riding we would like to hit it sometime!! Seems like I've hear of Jordan Creek? Where are they all @???

spr-scott
12-15-2004, 05:30 PM
They all are spread throughout the tillammok Forest. You can ride from one to the other, though we never made it through all of them. It's about a 45 mile ride round trip throught trails. We usually last about 25 miles before we follow the trails back to where we park.

tglandon
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Speaking strictly sand, we like to ride at Juniper Dunes also been to Moses lake. Flat traking sounds like fun. Sandlake OR got above 60 degrees today, I should have went down there....

spr-scott
12-19-2004, 02:03 AM
Here's some pics of the Tillamook State Forest riding area:http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/honda-400ex-02-bikepics-259649.jpg http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/yamaha-raptor-03-bikepics-259646.jpg

mattonln
12-19-2004, 09:17 AM
If you live in southern Wash, then check out hillock berm. its east of Portland near estacada. there are hundreds of miles of trails and there's always a couple trucks and groups of riders up there... and don't bother with sand mountain... the place is small. Come down to coos bay and hit up winchester for banshee hill! the view from the top is worth it!

awsomeaussies
12-20-2004, 06:18 PM
I just heard on the news that the monroe motocross track is shuting down!:mad: They have till may to keep it open. They said because of zoning laws, they have to shut down the track. I guess a bunch of farmers around the track are also complaining about the noise. :grr: The owner said he's gonna have to find another place in monroe to build the track. Did anyone else here this?

dirtmomma
12-20-2004, 08:03 PM
NOPE haven't hear anything but if so that SUCKS:ermm: Maybe I'll hear something tomarrow I have to go to the cycle shop!

daddio
12-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by mattonln
If you live in southern Wash, then check out hillock berm. its east of Portland near estacada. there are hundreds of miles of trails and there's always a couple trucks and groups of riders up there... and don't bother with sand mountain... the place is small. Come down to coos bay and hit up winchester for banshee hill! the view from the top is worth it!
it's the mxgp aka sky river track. they only let motorcycles ride there, so it's not real well known, in this forum.
we have been racing mx at woodland and clark co.
last weekend clark co. had 70 quads and woodland had about the same or more.
http://www.promotopromotions.com/
http://www.woodlandmx.com/

Raptorchick
12-22-2004, 09:37 AM
There's also going to be a 4 race quad only series at Pacific Raceways this summer.

Woodland is a great place to race, and once in a while Kory Ellis even shows up....Here's a pic from this Sunday's races....

sand-racer
12-22-2004, 01:22 PM
There will be a practice at wide open sports arena in renton tomorrow dec 23. It is supposed to be an arena cross type track. The track will be open from 12-8 pm. It should be fun I will be there.

Wes

dirtmomma
12-22-2004, 08:10 PM
THATS COOL!! too bad we won't be able to make it :( my hubby would KILL me if I went riding TWO TIMES in one week :p Plus we're all set up for flattrack right now! Have fun & be safe
:)

awsomeaussies
12-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by sand-racer
There will be a practice at wide open sports arena in renton tomorrow dec 23. It is supposed to be an arena cross type track. The track will be open from 12-8 pm. It should be fun I will be there.

Wes

Thats hooked to RMC, right? I can't ride right now, but maybe I'll go watch.
Thanks

WQ_250
12-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
I just heard on the news that the monroe motocross track is shuting down!:mad: They have till may to keep it open. They said because of zoning laws, they have to shut down the track. I guess a bunch of farmers around the track are also complaining about the noise. :grr: The owner said he's gonna have to find another place in monroe to build the track. Did anyone else here this?

You must be talking about the track behind the jail. I have a few friends that race there and practice. Right beside it is where they have the mud bog, rock crawl. Its pretty cool. But no i haven't heard anything either about that. I have heard about a track in Snohomish but i'm not sure where it is at. Dirtmomma was it atv connection that they mentioned that? By the way this is warriorqueen or Z400queen. :D

dirtmomma
12-23-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by WQ_250
You must be talking about the track behind the jail. I have a few friends that race there and practice. Right beside it is where they have the mud bog, rock crawl. Its pretty cool. But no i haven't heard anything either about that. I have heard about a track in Snohomish but i'm not sure where it is at. Dirtmomma was it atv connection that they mentioned that? By the way this is warriorqueen or Z400queen. :D

HI YOU :D I heard it on here I think, & yes they are trying to close it down due to permits/farming country ect :( I hope it gets to stay open personally that would be a plus for us people w/ property I think. we'll see though!

wheelie_gurl
06-22-2005, 05:46 PM
there is a new track right near mt. st. helens, it is called riverdale raceway and it is an awesome track and ya'll should check it out. give me a holla if u need more info be glad to help.

shelby:D

daddio
06-22-2005, 05:57 PM
are you going to pacific raceways this weekend, june 25th & 26th? did you know there is practice added on sat?

wheelie_gurl
06-22-2005, 07:45 PM
no i dont race my boyfriend does but no. He has to work and i dont know where it is

daddio
06-23-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by wheelie_gurl
no i dont race my boyfriend does but no. He has to work and i dont know where it is

It's in Kent, just south of seattle. It used to be known as "Seattle Intl. Raceway". It's where they have the NHRA Lucas oil Nationals for the top fuel drag racers.
http://www.pacificraceways.com/

FYI...... if you want to try mx racing, they have beginners and womens classes.

wheelie_gurl
06-23-2005, 04:47 PM
thanks i will check it out, i would like to race but one i dont have a racing fourwheeler (1985 moto-4) and two i am kinda shy and scared but i am thinkin about, also if you know anybody selling a nice 250 i am interested in buying one.

daddio
06-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by wheelie_gurl
thanks i will check it out, i would like to race but one i dont have a racing fourwheeler (1985 moto-4) and two i am kinda shy and scared but i am thinkin about, also if you know anybody selling a nice 250 i am interested in buying one.
matter of fact I do............. P/M me with you're e-mail, and I can give you their #.