PDA

View Full Version : Thow In The Rag

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 04:19 PM
hey guys,
im thinking about quitting the sport and getting into something else. its been costing my pops a lot of money to get into and we had a little brawl the other day about it. yea im 14 years old and im going strong with riding and stuff. i raced 2 races and got 10th and 11th outta about 60 riders each race. i dont want to quit but deep down i feel i should. its coming to a point where all the money we put out for quads can be going into something else. my pops told me today the money aspect isnt the point. we love riding and its something we enjoy together.ive dedicated the last 2 years on working for money and to put into my bike. i bought my self my jrd long travel w/ axis to put on my bike. a lot of people have said to me, if i wasnt that good, i wouldnt be sponsered. its just coming down to a point or quitting or staying. what do you think about it?

thanks
Joey

400grl
12-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Your priorities are your choice - no one can make that decision for you.......do what you feel is right.

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 04:25 PM
i just want to know what other people have to say... maybe it will change my mind on the main point

Destructo
12-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Do you enjoy it? Everybody needs something to do, we can't all just sit around and be couch potatoes, you gotta leave that up to the pros.

JR3
12-02-2004, 04:28 PM
its all up to u i know nothing beats the adrenaline of the first turn jus do what u feel is right

MotoX3
12-02-2004, 04:33 PM
this is one of those situations like in the movies where someone says "you know the awnser"......youll make the right choice

big-guy
12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
You have to do what you think is going to make you happy. Just don't quit and then resent your old man for it. Maybe take a break from racing for a while.

Warnerade
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
your only 14, why quit the sport right now...if money is no issue, and you enjoy doing it, why quit it?

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
i dont know. i dont know if its because now is down time and repair time. but i also feel guilty about the money problem. i know christmas is here and ive been spending my money on gifts. i just dont know what to do

Warnerade
12-02-2004, 04:52 PM
what money problem? you just said that money is not an issue. you said you worked hard and bought your mods, thats good....if you wanna put your money into something else thats not as costly, i can understand that.

YFZ450Ridr
12-02-2004, 04:56 PM
if i were you id keep at it. even if u dont have enough money to keep racing and stuff just keep riding. i know thats what i would do. but i guess ive never been in your situation so i cant really know what it feels like, or what you should do.

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 04:57 PM
yea he says the money isnt the point. but i feel it is. i got the bike to compete with, but i feel guilty

Warnerade
12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
yea he says the money isnt the point. but i feel it is. i got the bike to compete with, but i feel guilty keep whatever job you have or had, and do your part to pitch in around the house..try to pay them back some money if its a concern to you

Chanman420q
12-02-2004, 05:03 PM
i was like that, i put all my money into my quad, then had another interest, im just now getting back into droppin the green into my quad again.. :p

Syrus
12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Maybe quit racing for a while, and just ride your quad ? Trail riding is the best imo, most fun to explore and ride with friends. I wouldnt quit now and sell your bike, unless you have somethin else your interested in, that you will enjoy even more. Hope that helps.

I can tell you one thing, your going to miss it so badly if you do quit. I moved into town, from the country, and i miss it so badly. I hate town just because i cant ride here... without cops on my ***. Id do anything to get back to riding, you'll feel the sameway trust me.

JR3
12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
Maybe quit racing for a while, and just ride your quad ? Trail riding is the best imo, most fun to explore and ride with friends. I wouldnt quit now and sell your bike, unless you have somethin else your interested in, that you will enjoy even more. Hope that helps.

I can tell you one thing, your going to miss it so badly if you do quit. I moved into town, from the country, and i miss it so badly. I hate town just because i cant ride here... without cops on my ***. Id do anything to get back to riding, you'll feel the sameway trust me.

yea thats what me and my friend with me that u met do all the time we build jumps race at local tracks and stuff and have fun

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 05:18 PM
thanks a lot for the replys.

i cant go back into my job because the guy who owns it owns the mob. its a little freaky seeing random people go into his office and dont come back out for the rest of the time im there.

i do my fair share around the house and around here. im a fairly good kid and i get good grades. i loved riding and enjoyed it. does any one else feel the same after the riding seasons over?

450Racer
12-02-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
i loved riding and enjoyed it. does any one else feel the same after the riding seasons over?

i felt like this when i busted my ankle. i wasn't sure if it was for me and i doubted myself for 3 months until i could race, but when i did, the first practice of the time i was back i knew to keep at it. i know i kicked but this year and i'm just starting to really get into it and step up and i'm looking forward to next year like a little kid the night before christmas. if you have a nice quad, you love it, and you're a good person, why quit? i'd keep at it man, you'll only get better and better, and it'll get even more fun when you hit the bigger jumps, faster sections (XC or MX). i wouldn't feel guiltly unless i was lazy, had bad grades, a bad attitude, and didn't have a job. you have nothing to be down about really. i know, i can't stay off my quad for more than 2 weeks. i just went out to practice and it was in the upper 20's.

JRDrider22
12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
thanks a lot 450racer... your the only person who had something like this happen

Toadz400
12-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I'd say stay in it, especially if money isn't an issue. If your dad says it isn't, don't worry about it. If it bothers you that much, pay him back! I'm paying my parents monthly payments right now for two quads and a truck. I'm forced to sell my 400ex because I just don't have enough money to do anything (gas or anything). Then in the spring I'm selling the Banshee and getting out of the sport for a year or so. After I get my truck paid off I'll get back into the sport with a shiny new 450...you could take that route too?

Quad18star
12-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Like a few people have said .... only you can decide on this .

I used to race back when I was 16 and 17 ... then I ahd to get my priorities straight . I sold my quad to pay for college , so that I wouldn't have a huge debt when I finished school . I did my couple years of college .... and just last winter I ended up buying a YFZ450 with plans of making it an MX machine . As summer got closer , I ended up getting a full time assistant manager's position with the company I work for ..... once again priorities changed . I'd still love to get into MX racing .... but between work and everything else ... I just won't have the time . I've decided that I'm just gunna set up my bike as an XC style machine and just have fun riding trails with my buddies . It won't cost me a fortune every weekend and I'll have a ton of fun . I'll still go out to the races and cheer on and help out a few friends , but I needed to get my priorities straight .

Moral of this story .... Only you can decide what is right for you . :blah:

JTRtrx250r
12-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Well I take it your kinda young, I gotta give you props for considering the factors, most kids wouldnt consider anything but what they can get next

Good luck w/ your decision:)

Rico
12-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Riding and Racing quads is and always will be a Costly hobby. Don't look for light at the end of the tunnel because it's burnt out....:o

Just become a budget racer like myself and ride/race when you can afford it. But when it's not fun anymore then hang it up..

Chanman420q
12-03-2004, 09:05 AM
btw, u spelled throw wrong

ex kid
12-03-2004, 02:47 PM
don't buy useless stuff and race your quad stock with only a few mods. you don't need top of the line stuff to race B or C, if you race A that's another story.