PDA

View Full Version : can i flip my rims

sam the brave
12-02-2004, 01:53 PM
would it do anything if i flip my rims around to make the front end wider
would it do anything bad for the bike

Bush0102
12-02-2004, 01:56 PM
you can do it, but its gonna mess with your handling.

usually cheap alternatives for suspension upgrades wont work properly and often end up breaking stuff. Its a sad fact...suspension for a quad is more than it is for a car...in fact, most quad parts are. A hotcam stage I is like, what, $135? My buddy has a $120 performance cam in his Mustang...

I hate being broke and seing all the nice quads on this site:(

400exrules
12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
you can do it, but its gonna mess with your handling.

usually cheap alternatives for suspension upgrades wont work properly and often end up breaking stuff. Its a sad fact...suspension for a quad is more than it is for a car...in fact, most quad parts are. A hotcam stage I is like, what, $135? My buddy has a $120 performance cam in his Mustang...

I hate being broke and seing all the nice quads on this site:(

u have a job :confused:

Bush0102
12-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
u have a job :confused:

i only make 25% now that i am at school and my brother is running my company. Plus i have my car payment to make each month. Thats why i am going to MTSU next year, so i can start making money again. Also, you forget the grass doesnt grow in the winter.

400exrules
12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
i only make 25% now that i am at school and my brother is running my company. Plus i have my car payment to make each month. Thats why i am going to MTSU next year, so i can start making money again. Also, you forget the grass doesnt grow in the winter.

oh u do landscaping? thats cool. its reallly really popular in my town, everyone does it. my friend can make $500 a week easily from just workin acouple hours after school. i want to start doin it but i cant afford the mowers and all that

by the way, wut year will it be for u in college next year? my sister is a sophmore at MTSU, shes gonna be an interior designer :macho shes goood at it too, she'll prob be rich, no doubt

YFZ450Ridr
12-02-2004, 02:46 PM
ya you can flip your rims. its about the same thing as wheel spacers or offset rims. alothugh off set rims are the best. actually longer a arms are the best but thier expensive. watch out tho one some quads when you flip your rims, the valve stem hits the brake caliper. i got 3 inch wheel spacers and they work good for me since i ride trails mainly.

Bush0102
12-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules

by the way, wut year will it be for u in college next year?

i'll be a sophomore.

kicken250x
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
i wouldnt recomand it at all...i hate mine, im switching them back as soon as i get off my *** and take them to school. it causes so much bump steer and if you ride fast trails it kills you with arm pump. just rock it like it is and save up for some shocks and a arms

YFZ450Ridr
12-02-2004, 03:28 PM
oh come on man im 14 and can handle a little extra bumpsteer with my wheel spacers. and i ride fast pase trails, 3rd, 4th gear trails.

Destructo
12-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Bumpsteer? I never have problems with that on my quad, now I have had issues with it on trucks before that had improperly done lift kits. I'm a MAN, so I can handle it, it never gets to where it actually steers me in one direction.

Syrus
12-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
oh come on man im 14 and can handle a little extra bumpsteer with my wheel spacers. and i ride fast pase trails, 3rd, 4th gear trails.

If your 14, then i guess you would know better then these guys right ? Flip your rims and learn the hard way. These guys arnt just talking to hear themselves, they've been around, and done it themselves before. Id listen to them, but no one can stop ya

ShiftFMX
12-02-2004, 03:37 PM
If you do it, it will eventually chew through your valve stem. It happened to me. I sold the quad, but i if the tires were gonna need more air...i woulda been sol bcause after that you cant fit an air fitting on there! Believe me, its not worth it!

YFZ450Ridr
12-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Syrus
If your 14, then i guess you would know better then these guys right ? Flip your rims and learn the hard way. These guys arnt just talking to hear themselves, they've been around, and done it themselves before. Id listen to them, but no one can stop ya

i was just stating how i see it, im not disagreeing with any one

Syrus
12-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by 250EXridr
i was just stating how i see it, im not disagreeing with any one

sorry i thought u were who started the tread, my bad.

chucked
12-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Man I dont think that quad can take much more, you are already beating the crap outta it :rolleyes:

theTman
12-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by chucked
Man I dont think that quad can take much more, you are already beating the crap outta it :rolleyes:

i agree:rolleyes:

sam the brave
12-02-2004, 05:19 PM
well i am still gonna ride it hard but i will keep it working
i changed the oil after the first tank of gas
i had all the bearing and ball joints replaced
i dont plan on killing the bike again

rollie
12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
It puts alot of stress on the ball joints.....which isnt good at all....just leave it stock

chucked
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
well i am still gonna ride it hard but i will keep it working
i changed the oil after the first tank of gas
i had all the bearing and ball joints replaced
i dont plan on killing the bike again

You contradict yourself "well i am still gonna ride it hard " "i dont plan on killing the bike again"

you just dont get it :rolleyes:

changing the oil wont keep all the bearings and ball joints from wearing.....

Destructo
12-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I gotta do front bearings on mine.

I can't believe you'v already bored that motor out and killed the ball-joints and bearings already on an 04 quad, what in the world are you doing to that thing?

Mine is an 01 and I bet I still have stock ball-joints.

ShiftFMX
12-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I blew my 250 up about a year after i had it also...:rolleyes: POS

I havent ridden that thing in over 2 years

sam the brave
12-02-2004, 08:20 PM
ok i did blow up the bike i rode it to dam hard but i am still gonna ride it hard but not as hard
every thing is working right and i am gonna keep it that way

Destructo
12-02-2004, 08:40 PM
you must ride with that sucker on the rev limiter to blow one up that quick lol.

theTman
12-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
i rode it to dam hard but i am still gonna ride it hard but not as hard

that makes no sence....

your gonna ride it hard
but not as hard:huh

cdalejef
12-03-2004, 02:40 PM
I think it blew up for some other reason than riding it too hard.

tg413
12-03-2004, 08:02 PM
i agree there is a difference between riding hard and abusing(not doing proper maintence).