PDA

View Full Version : Yamoto atv's?

EXDUNER127
12-02-2004, 12:15 PM
Has anyone seen these little atv's they are little raptor lookalikes and range from 50cc-110cc, they look pretty cool? I was thinking of getting one for my son, does anyone know if this is a good bike, or are they junk? Please give me info so i dont waste my money before i buy one...

12-02-2004, 12:43 PM
I dont trust new quad companies because theres alot of bad quality coming from Taiwan IMO. I believe Dinlis are awesome bikes, so you might wanna check them out.

khen
12-02-2004, 05:05 PM
I bought a Tomahawk 110 for my kids which looks identical to the Yamoto, they are most likely from same manufacturer. I would highly advise against buying one! mine started falling apart the first trip out and has continued giving me problems. Personally I would buy a used Honda 90 or Suzuki 80 if I could do it again.

If you do buy it, the first thing I would do is remove every bolt holding the plastics, the engine, the lights, the exhaust and the drive shaft and put lock-tite on them. Don't over torque the bolts they are made from very poor quality steel and strip out easily. I have had the drive shaft fall off, all the covers, the lights, exhaust and engine mounts fall off. The front lights don't last long at all, they're made from very cheap plastic and break easily.. I replaced mine with some auto fog lights. The bumper also broke at all the welds, and it tends to burn oil and vibrates really badly.

Sad part is, this all happend in the first couple of months of ownership, and I bought it new.