PDA

View Full Version : race coming up

ESR250R
04-20-2002, 11:28 AM
i have a race coming up on the 28th. last time i was there i ran all stock shocks and got my butt kicked for it. about 5 weeks ago i ordered up my elka triple rate front with comp adj and ssd and my daul rate rear with full adjustability with ssd. i called them last week because i havent received them yet and they told me that they were running way behind in orders and i would see my fronts around 23rd and my rear about 1st or 2nd of next month. my question is if i put my fronts on only for the race will it effect my quad with the front being lower than the rear (with ssd). or should i just leave the shocks stock. is it possible to lower the preload (on the rear) to match the fronts or will it bottom out easier. after that last race i took my stock shocks to the honda dealer and they told me that my rear had next to no nitrogen in it so they filled it up for me. that should keep the rear from becoming a pogo stick 2 laps into the race. but the rear is still pretty easy to bottom out.

OCCRA288
04-24-2002, 08:29 PM
you should be okay for the race. just make sure you get used to them first.

quadperson
04-27-2002, 11:48 PM
Hey OCCRA288, you gonna be racing in Scipio May 5th? I may try it...I have never raced before. My brother-in-law is racing there tomorrow (motorcycle enduro) He said he would tell me how rough the course is. Do I have to have a kill-switch?