PDA

View Full Version : Buying a frame off eBay

dbsbl1
12-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm looking at getting a frame off of eBay. How can I be sure the frame is legal, I guess, and not from a stolen quad. If I do buy one and it is from a stolen quad, am I liable?

Cole Trane
12-01-2004, 09:31 PM
The frame should have a title with it if it's a stock frame. If not, then who knows. I don't think you would get in any trouble for buying it, as long as you don't know anything about it being stolen.

Destructo
12-02-2004, 12:54 PM
I have never had a title for any quad or dirt bike I ever owned. Down here in NC we don't mess with titles for stuff that can't be driven on the road.

K_Fulk
12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by dbsbl1
I'm looking at getting a frame off of eBay. How can I be sure the frame is legal, I guess, and not from a stolen quad. If I do buy one and it is from a stolen quad, am I liable?

If you find one with a title you will be fine. If they don't have one print a copy of the auction and keep it for your own records.

big_poppa49
12-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Destructo
Down here in NC we don't mess with titles for stuff that can't be driven on the road.

I 2nd that...:rolleyes: (thank god)

300exPat
12-02-2004, 06:30 PM
yeah man if its for something offroad then i doubt anyone will try to get you in trouble, i mean if someone stole my 300 i wouldnt go around checking peoples vin numbers

omaits
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
yeah man if its for something offroad then i doubt anyone will try to get you in trouble, i mean if someone stole my 300 i wouldnt go around checking peoples vin numbers

I wouldnt be so sure. I guess it depends where you live, but I have gotten pulled over to run the VIN on my quad before.

dbsbl1
12-04-2004, 01:00 AM
In Illinois, you have to have a freaking title for anything with wheels. And to buy something from a state that doesn't use titles for things like ATV's...yikes. It's a pain. I guess I won't worry about it. I'll just play dumb if something ever comes of it. Dumb people always seem to get off.