PDA

View Full Version : need a price

awsomeaussies
12-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey Pappy,
how much would you charge to powdercoat a frame, subframe, swingarm, and a-arms in a matallic color. they've already been sand blasted so they just need to be powdercoated.
I live in WA, so I know shipping would be killer, but I know you got good deals, so it might be worth shipping it.
thanks

Pappy
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
man, i have to be honest and suggest you try finding a shop on the west coast! shipping would easily be around $60 each way:eek: even if i cut you a break and did the frame for say $125 it IMO wouldnt be worth it for ya.

and even tho it is stripped, 5 to 7 days in transit and she would need to be stripped down again:(

awsomeaussies
12-01-2004, 10:11 PM
ya i know the mail is rough on things. do you know of anyone in wa who does a good job. theirs a place here that told me they'd powdercoat everything for $180.00 if i make sure all the paint is off. There called American Powder Coating. Don't know if you've ever heard of them. Another is Northwest Powder Coating.

Another quick question, do i need to take the axle carrier out or just the bearings for powdercoating? And what kind of tape should I use to mask off anything that i don't want painted.
thanks

Pappy
12-02-2004, 01:05 AM
i have seen both of those places mentioned.

woodsrider (who used to be soggyrider) will see this and i hope he can fill you in on thier work etc.)

personally any shop that wont final prep the part wouldnt be getting my work. i charge for taking care of the metal the best i can, the actual pc is cheap and they should be doing the masking work IMO.

if they force you to do the masking, let me know and i will send you a roll of green tape...high temp.

the bearing carrier should be completely removed along with all bearings and seals from what ever part is to be stripped and pc'd