PDA

View Full Version : spray paint on springs?

400exracer511
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
my tcs shocks have dark blue springs and they def. dont go with my red plastic and i cant afford powdercoat and i know i need shock covers and i will be getting them before next racing season but in the mean time i cant hardly look at them cause they are so ugly so can i spray paint the spring or will it just chip off after a couple rides?

by the way the springs arent stock tcs springs and i know theyre not pc'd so i think someone has spray painted them sometime and its holding up pretty well i just want another opinion

thanks

sampleez
12-01-2004, 09:13 PM
i got my springs pc'ed for like $40-50. i don't think you could make a spray paint job look too good, b/c you'd end up having a lot of runs trying to get in all of the small places. but it's ur bike, so ya know

2000ex
12-02-2004, 09:20 AM
They may hold up for a little while, but during racing there is NO WAY they will hold up.

The properties of PC allow the coating to flex under load. It is extremely resistant to cracking while flexing. Paint on the other hand will crack very easily.

You should see the look on peoples faces when I have a beer can pc'd then crush it. The coating stays on the can...try that with paint :eek2:

44oEX
12-02-2004, 09:51 AM
your just looking for a excuse to drink the beer lol