PDA

View Full Version : Im going after honda advice?

gotahemi2004
12-01-2004, 08:52 PM
ok heres waht has happened and i wanna go again honda to get some of my money back

04 400ex

brought the bike in for problem " burning oil and smoking” took 2 weeks they gave me the bike back replaced the head on the engine… said to run it hard for 3-4 hours to see if it stopped smoking it didn’t I went in and told them they said run another tank or 2 through it of gas so I did the smoking got worst and still burning oil.. Brought it back in they took it and they decided that the piston ring seized to the piston and had scared up the cylinder wall…. And American Honda said they would not cover it … we fought with them they finally told me they would cover it…. 8 weeks went by finally the bike was done went to get it they hit me with a 150 dollar labor charge saying that we had discussed it. When I hadn’t even heard of it… so I paid it to get my bike back now have been almost 10 weeks since I had been able to ride reliable… road the bike for a day and noticed a clicking sound coming form the engine so I brought it to a local quad shop “kinetic” they looked over the bike fixed 2 broken head bolts that where striped out from Honda and couldn’t figure out what the noise was just told me not to ride it… so I did some research found what seemed to be a reliable shop in Orlando… all terrain performance “atp” talked to mike walker he said it sounds like a incorrect bore to bring the bike to him to look at it… I brought it over to him on the start up he new instantly that it was piston slap…. So I made arrangements for him to fix it... after he tore the engine down he said” they had not put a new piston in the bike, all they did was hone the cylinder out, and put a new set of rings in it. When they honed it out, it left way to much cylinder wall clearance. That’s why it had piston slap.” So I had him bore it out again…

does it sound like i have a case against them any one have any adivce or know someone i oculd contact i relize that its mainly the dealers fault .. but they care part of american honda...

440exnacsracer
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
you probably have a case against them, but it wont be affiliated with america honda, as most of these dealers are privately owned, but you should get your money back, and maybe some compensation for not being able to ride. good luck

mojoe2878
12-01-2004, 09:07 PM
i dont know about any legal advice but you can call a lawyer and talk to them and they can lead you in the right direction as far as to wether its something to pursue or not, most lawyers give you a free initial consultation i believe.
from now on be careful who you let work on you engine, lots of so called mechanics that dealerships and repair shops hire are extremely stupid and have no idea what they are doing.

derekhonda
12-02-2004, 03:47 AM
You should look into Lemon Laws. Sounds like you need to be fully reimbursed for all your expendiatures, (including the quad) and you give it back to them, and you can try again if you would like. I would not take my business to that shop again though.

Hammer trx450r
12-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Just forget it and go riding:D

You can't have someone else fix the problem and expect Honda to pay for it

Jersey450R
12-02-2004, 04:09 AM
well sell the 400 cause you just got a yfz. better yet...sell both of them and go buy a 450R and hook it up:p

bradley300
12-02-2004, 09:21 AM
i would say HONDA wont give you chit, but you do have a case against the dealer

Bush0102
12-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah you dont have a case against Honda, but you do against that mechanic or dealership that did you wrong.

I would never try to go after Honda itself unless i had a really good argument (ex. sombody dies from an engine exploding or something along those lines)...Their lawyers are very well paid to keep Honda out of the courtroom- and your case probably would be thrown out.

However, against the dealer you have a very good chance of winning. Get a statement from the guy who finally fixed your motor the right way and have records of everything the first guy did.

Good luck!

bansheeguy77
12-02-2004, 11:55 AM
you need records and proof of EVERYTHING. like what they did bla bla bla u know. false pretenses i believe it would be. which is also theft and fraud. so if you have all the proof you have a very worthy case against them. just have the dude who actually fixed it come testify if it goes to court and you got yourself some money :scary:

false pretenses
n. the crime of knowingly making untrue statements for the purpose of obtaining money or property fraudulently. This can range from claiming zircons are diamonds and turning back the odometer on a car, to falsely stating that a mine has been producing gold when it has not. It is one form of theft.

crday98
12-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
Just forget it and go riding:D

You can't have someone else fix the problem and expect Honda to pay for it fill out that application to work at NASA tomorrow buddy;) :rolleyes: