PDA

View Full Version : Powdercoating ??

mysticfalcon
04-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Have any of you that powdercoat (chris and beerock) ever done rims? a budy of mine is thinking about doing his rims and i think it would look good but would it just wear off the rim? I know its strong but it isnt indestructable.

CBW
04-20-2002, 11:12 AM
yeah i have done rims,,,,,,not on quads but on autos. And yeah it will get nicked by flying debris(rocks),,,,but so will an anodized, or factory painted finish,,and you just have to tell the guy putting the tires back on to be extra carefull around the lip of the rim. Works pretty good:cool:

ChadEXer
04-22-2002, 09:37 AM
When i went to pic up my stuff from the PC shop there was a guy there that was coating his rims green!!!! It was an ugly green too!!!

mental1
04-24-2002, 12:34 AM
I was thinking of having my frame powder coated, because I don't like looking at a 2000 400EX and seeing surface rust on the welds (bought it or saved it from a kid that kept it outside all the time) but the only place I know of in Minnesota that does powder coating is the place I took the rims off of my old car to, they should be able to do a quad frame in silver vein, right?

ChadEXer
04-24-2002, 07:12 AM
Im sure they can. most powder shops can get any color,,if its not in stock then they can order it!!!