PDA

View Full Version : white bros worth the money

quadjockey400
12-01-2004, 04:00 PM
I currently have a FMF powercore 4 slip on and was looking into buying a white brothers pro meg full system. I have a 406 kit with an 11-1 piston, hot cam stage 1 cam, WB rev kit, and an Amsoil air filter. Is this pipe worth the money, should i stick with the stock header, or should i buy a headpipe for the FMF such as a powerbomb. Thanks for your help.

LazeR
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by quadjockey400
I currently have a FMF powercore 4 slip on and was looking into buying a white brothers pro meg full system. I have a 406 kit with an 11-1 piston, hot cam stage 1 cam, WB rev kit, and an Amsoil air filter. Is this pipe worth the money, should i stick with the stock header, or should i buy a headpipe for the FMF such as a powerbomb. Thanks for your help.

I would keep the Powercore, and get the FMF Powerbomb header :devil: Since you have a cam, and 406 kit, you quad will most likely respond a lot better to a header then another slip-on

FasstMidnightZ
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
i think the fmf is fine but you could buy the header which would help alot , So keep the fmf and get the header thats what i would do

hondarider2006
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Get the header and keep what you have. The White Brothers is a piece of ****:o

JR3
12-01-2004, 04:33 PM
my wb e series has been holding up fine for 2 years but i havent heard much about the pro meg full system it just comes down to what you fee is best do some research look for dynos b4 and after etc

quadjockey400
12-01-2004, 05:11 PM
I think FMF has two headers, the bowerbomb and a high flow. which do ya think is better?

upyours
12-01-2004, 05:18 PM
there are only two pipes worth buying for the 400ex and one is white brothers carbon pipe and the other is the duncan racing fat boy 4 , the wb carbon pipe is like $800 but the one i run is the dr fatboy 4 which is about $550 if you run that with the wb power up kit (cam and piston and cdi box)
you will stay up there with modded up 450r's

upyours
12-01-2004, 05:19 PM
you have to change the header pipe its the only way to get real power

LazeR
12-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Well i would say the HMF is worth it too "upyours".

quadjockey400 if i was you i would get the power bomb! I've heard good things about it

upyours
12-01-2004, 05:42 PM
dude i have a fat boy4 it has a lifetime warrenty it gave a me 8 hp gain and sounds ***in evil its only $550 and youll be impressed but you definatly have to regear cous it turns into a wheelie machine

LazeR
12-01-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by upyours
dude i have a fat boy4 it has a lifetime warrenty it gave a me 8 hp gain

Just adding the full system ? I'd like to see the dyno sheet. :ermm:

upyours
12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
i have a 2003 400ex yellow
dr fatboy4 exhaust
elka shocks
elka lowering link
wb all around cam
je 11.1 piston
holeshot hd tires
prm skid plates
prm front bumper
prm grab bar
roll design+1 swing arm
leagers +1 a arms
omf shields
side winder chain an sprokets
roll disgn steering stem(anti vibe)
ceet seat
ims foot pegs and heel guards
ac nerf bars
ims hand guards
this bike is completed for gncc racing or hare scambles looking to sell, building a 450r for this season, this is a cometitive bike with 450r's and yzf450's just want to switch to the ultamant for the up coming season bike runs its *** off and has no problems gets tuned and oil changed every7 to 10 hours and dynoed and rejetted every 40

LazeR
12-01-2004, 06:58 PM
I was just asking if by with the mods you have and you adding your fatboy 4, if it added 8hp:confused: , i'd also like to see the dyno sheet.:ermm:

upyours
12-01-2004, 07:14 PM
stock was like 27.4(hp) i had the wb power up kit and the added supposedly 8(hp)it actually added after plying with jetting for about 4 hours 91/4hp and that was withthe e series pipe then a buddy of mine had the same setup put the fatboy on there and busted my *** pretty badly so then i bought one and went back to my friends shop and dynoed it and rejetted till my head turned blue and finally got it up there but any way it dynoed at 43
and some change ill send you dyno sheet when get functioning scanner but yes it made a pretty big incresse ill add you as friend so i can send it to you

400ex men
12-01-2004, 08:13 PM
i think the Curtis Sparks Racing x-6 is worth buying. the fat boy 4 , i say its ok and the wb carbon pipe to me it sucks. now upyours

cals400ex
12-01-2004, 11:41 PM
everyone has their own opinion. here is mine. that white brothers with the promeg headers produces good power according to the dynos. plain and simple. i am not saying it is the absolute best or the best quality though. my buddy never had any problems with his R4 slip on. i think the powerbomb can't hurt. however, i believe this setup will be better suited for woods riders or people wanting great low and midrange power. the header is just not big enough for all out high rpm performance. is it better than stock?? it probably is. i would be willing to bet pretty much that a full WB with promeg headers will produce more on a dyno though, especially with a built engine. i realize a dyno isn't everything though because people want power at different places. i think i would go buy a new full exhaust or keep what you have unless you want the best low end power. the sparks, lrd, and full hmf seem to do great for mid and high rpm power. the fat boy is supposed to be pretty good too. one pipe isn't necessarily better than others, for power anyways. for example, we found the x-4 to perform really really well on the 400ex. we were surprised it did the way it did on 406's and 416's too. it doesn't rev quite as high as the x-6, but it has a much more even power delievery. the x-6 seems to be very tempermental. what i mean by that is it wants the highest possible rpm my bike can dish out and low rpms is where it doesn't shine as well.

upyours
12-02-2004, 11:56 AM
havent used the carbon pipe yet i was going to run it on my project bike im in the prosess on my 450r i wound up just buying the fat boy for it . on the 450r i heard it did pretty good but i go with whats proven its self to me and the fat boy has i heard ok things about the curtis sparks pipe too but havent seen no one with it and the carbon pipe is too expencive i wasnt gonna drop that kinda $$$$ for it , my 450r has so far
elka shochks
elka lowering link
hrc kit (cam mainlyidont use airbox lid or exhaust end)
ims foot pegs and heel guards
leagers+1 swing arm(couldnt find roll design for descent price)
holeshot hd tires
stock a arms(they take a pretty good *** whipping)
prm skid plates
prm summit bumper
prm grab bar
fat boy 4 pipe
tag bars
waiting on
ims tank
carbon fiber hood
ims hand guards ,ordered all this stuff this week so
this one is just about done but have a few loose end to tie up as far as tuning with every thing i have i should be in the range of 60 hp for gncc and hare scrambles thats good enough for me. my 400ex was still competetive last time i went out against the 450s they pulled on me in the straights but it wasent that bad, if any one knows where to get a roll design swing arm for a reasonable price for a 450r (and the 400ex swing arm wont work tryed it) let me know ,oh and another thing the fat boy is loud and if you race there starting to crack down on noise so you have to re pack the muffler every 2 or 3 runs im just going off my expierience with this ,this pipe showed the best all around performance for what i do any one buying a pipe should go buy what kinda riding they do or if they have sound restricktions etc.

atvmx14
12-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Does Anybody HAVE A CARBON PRO PIPE ON THEIR 450R?????

I wan't to hear from the people that have it and can speak about there expierences with it!!

The reason why i'm asking is cause its probaly going to be the pipe i'll buy for my 450R.. Team Honda puts them on there CRF's (i know that the two motors are different in a way)But there's a reason there running those pipes instead of anything Else!!

atvmx14
12-07-2004, 11:43 AM
I guess nobody owns a carbon pro pipe!!

upyours
12-07-2004, 06:21 PM
a friend of mine just ordered one to try it i know it works well with the dirt bike 450 engine and it is the same format on the motor but i will post back when it gets tested

atvmx14
12-08-2004, 04:43 AM
Sweet man thanks:devil:

upyours
12-08-2004, 01:54 PM
hey do you know any one with a roll design swing arm for a decsent price for a 450r
i only found one and they wanted 1500 duckets for it i thought *** that and the one from my 400 ex wont work, i bought a leagers +1 but would rather have roll design i had a gibson on my old 250r and broke it so i usualy stay with roll design or leagers both have done me good so far the only roll part ive broken was a a arm that got rapped into a tree fun fun fun

atvmx14
12-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah the circuit i race in i haven't seen a roll swingarm yet kinda pricey$$

upyours
12-09-2004, 11:13 AM
i have a laegers but i like the roll design it looks so much stronger
and i havent broken either one yet but the roll has a stronger look it just seems like its made better it kinda sux that the 400ex rear aint the same cause i would just switch them

6858-400ex
12-09-2004, 06:27 PM
go to rocky mountain pro meg white brothers pipe $420 dollars

upyours
12-10-2004, 03:20 PM
yea rocky mountain is cheap but e bay is usualy rockin

upyours
12-10-2004, 03:21 PM
i get ims foot pegs on ebay for like $150 there usualy 200 to 250