PDA

View Full Version : trx450r big bore for motocross?

suda55us
12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
can any one tell me if a trx 450r is noticeably faster if you add a big bore kit, like four stroke tech's trx 500? Would it rev as fast as the stock bore? Thanks.

450 Racer R
12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
isn't 450cc the limit for mx?

dunebuggie66
12-01-2004, 04:21 PM
yes you'll notice a big difference with a big bore kit. and it should rev just as quick, if not quicker than stock. with a different cam, some porting, titanium valves, and maybe a carb (most of which should come with the big bore kit anyway) you will notice tremendous gains. as far as racing mx, 450 is not necesarily the limit. it is the limit if you are racing a production class at the GNC nationals, but most local district races allow you to pretty much race anything. i will be racing some nationals next year and plan on racing production classes so i will be sending my motor to sparks this winter to get their national 450 kit. they claim to get 58 hp out of it. but we will see. so anyway i think you can get a 450 to perform with the 500 if you use a builder who knows a few tricks. just my opinion.:bandit:

kazpr
12-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
I will be sending my motor to sparks this winter to get their national 450 kit. they claim to get 58 hp out of it.

Should be right about that and REV like insanely fast!!

WhiteZee
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
i will be sending my motor to sparks this winter to get their national 450 kit. they claim to get 58 hp out of it.
im going to have to call bs on 58hp, have an honest place dyno it, and see what happens. there is no one to my knowledge that has a 450r with "58hp". there are several guys on trx450r.net that have major motor mods, and the most iv seen is 51hp. thats with 500cc 13.8 piston, hrc cam, bigger exaust valves, porting, ect.

kazpr
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
LOL Z I try to let the guy keep his macho status and you want to kill it for him :macho

dunebuggie66
12-02-2004, 08:12 AM
well, i am just telling you what they told me. have you seen their national kit and whats included? 13.8:1 piston, valve job, port & polish, fcr carb kit, their high output race cam, new ignition system, ligher flywheel, etc. i have not seen the dyno #'s i was just telling you that sparks claimed 55-58 hp. so if you think i am macho by telling you that, then so be it.

WhiteZee
12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
so if you think i am macho by telling you that, then so be it.
nothing i said was directed at you, im just saying sparks is BS.

dunebuggie66
12-02-2004, 03:30 PM
why do you think sparks is bs? do you think they lie about their numbers? have you had a bad experience with them? a lot of people say good things about sparks, so i am just wondering if i am missing something.

TCracin440ex
12-02-2004, 03:45 PM
call jh racing....jh racing has a 450r motor built by sparks and a buddy of mine is very close friends with jh...and hale told my friend that it was true

RedRacer44
12-02-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm the friend that TC is speaking of. I hear high #s of horsepower from Sparks motors. No lies or exaggerations! I have no port work, noFCR carb, or CRF ignition and I'm pushing 48HP.

54-58 HP out of the Sparks kit is a reality. Curtis is the man!

trost66
12-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I have the sparks cam, 13-8-1 piston sparks exhaust and they told me I should be pushing around 50 hp. I have a extend swing arm and before you had to really try to pull the front end up. With the piston and cam I could flip it over easy. If you got the rest of there kit I could see it hitting 55hp 58hp

R3Concepts
12-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Sparks is the man. Although they did lie about thier cams not being CRF cams which did piss a lot of people off. Sparks is all over the ATVA nationals and not to mention The Four Stroke Wars, where I personally saw one of his 416s on alky, STOMP the Trinity 720 raptor by a good 6 bike lengths. I can see 55-58 hp. DASA has motors that they say will put out more then any Sparks motor... dun dun dun.

suda55us
12-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the input. I have an HRC cam, an LRD exhaust and a 13to1 compression piston in it now and was thinking about just adding the big bore to it. Sounds like it would still see power gains from that. Thanks.

CdaleXtreme
12-03-2004, 03:20 PM
You would be much better off looking into, CAM, Piston, Rev Box, full exhaust system, FCR carb. a Bore is usually the last thing you do, after all of the other mods. For motocross boring out is just impractical.

suda55us
12-03-2004, 04:29 PM
I have a cam, full lrd exhaust, 13 to 1 compression piston and opened up the air box, it runs great but was just thinking about a little more and was thinking a 500cc bore might help. I don't run the nationals. Thanks

chad502ex
12-03-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd like to add that I do not see a high comp 500R putting out more than 55hp on cam, pipe, big valves and port/flow with jetting- period.

Shoot, it would be awesome if my new 550R even hit 60 rwhp! (a few weeks we'll see for sure) So, I'm to believe that a 450R is going to out muscle my 550R- not a chance. That never happened with my 502 and it won't happen that way with the 550r. All this means is that I'd just have to see the dyno proof to believe this rubbish 58 crapola,....

:blah:

chad502ex.com (aka chad550r):macho

R3Concepts
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Nice ego. All this goes to prove is that bigger isnt always better.

chad502ex
12-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Nice ego. All this goes to prove is that bigger isnt always better.

ego? All I'm saying is maybe if I see a dyno I'll believe it- until then no way!

As far as your comment, "All this goes to prove is that bigger isnt always better", there is no replacement for displacement!

R3Concepts
12-03-2004, 06:12 PM
All your saying is that noone can pull or beat your bike. Also "theres no replacement for displacement " is for domestic motors, meaning cars and trucks, meaning V8s. The bigger the single, the more sloppy it can get. Look at the big bore raptors, they are all turds. Besides anyone can go in a straight line fast, the talent is at the track.

chad502ex
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
All your saying is that noone can pull or beat your bike. Also "theres no replacement for displacement " is for domestic motors, meaning cars and trucks, meaning V8s. The bigger the single, the more sloppy it can get. Look at the big bore raptors, they are all turds. Besides anyone can go in a straight line fast, the talent is at the track.

Oh, I'm sure there is a faster bike then mine, I just havn't seen anyone prove it's faster. Can you? doubt it.

big bore raptor turds, huh? OK whatever you say,....

:rolleyes:

R3Concepts
12-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Like I said, the talents at the track. Also, yes ALL the big bore raptors ive seen and raced are turds. A Sparks 416 on alky waxed the Trinity 727 raptor, my freind has a 720 raptor that my 426 ran circles around. I bet if you went to Sparks and actually inquired that you would see that their 450 national motors are putting out the 55-58 that they claim.

12-03-2004, 09:48 PM
Like I said, the talents at the track. Also, yes ALL the big bore raptors ive seen and raced are turds. A Sparks 416 on alky waxed the Trinity 727 raptor, my freind has a 720 raptor that my 426 ran circles around. I bet if you went to Sparks and actually inquired that you would see that their 450 national motors are putting out the 55-58 that they claim.

LOL...who won the 4 stroke drags...sparks...what bike...raptor...do u think chad is stupid...no he definantly is not...and makes some damn nice drag bikes...i wouldnt say nething to him bout him being wrong...cuz i bet hes not... and no i do not doubt sparks 55-58 hp if that is what they say they can get...sparks is awsome and i wouldnt doubt it...but if they got ahold of a 550 im sure they could get a lot more...and like chad said...there is no replacement for displacement

R3Concepts
12-03-2004, 09:59 PM
It was a Sparks 690 raptor that won the 4 stroke wars, and why arent they running a 720 or bigger like other builders? Sparks can get ahold of big bore kits for 450rs but why arent they? Why doesnt DASA build a big bore kit? Im not saying anyone is stupid or wrong, im just saying that bigger isnt always better.

chad502ex
12-03-2004, 10:29 PM
It was a Sparks 690 raptor that won the 4 stroke wars, and why arent they running a 720 or bigger like other builders? Sparks can get ahold of big bore kits for 450rs but why arent they? Why doesnt DASA build a big bore kit? Im not saying anyone is stupid or wrong, im just saying that bigger isnt always better.

OK R3- relax,,, forget about it why don't ya?

I just want to enlighten you on the 550R. Ya see you shouldn't categorize my 550 into the slow reving 720 raptor club. I agree they are slow revers, but in the case of my 550 my ultra-light is lighter than even the stock 450 piston. I'm even thinking of slowing the quicker than stock rev down a bit with a heavier flywheel. Not all big bores are slow turds you see

I understand your point , just drop it already

Actually, I came back to this thread and it does look like I talk a bit about the 550- so I'll try to spare everyone my excitement cause I do realize some people think I'm bragging when all I'm trying to do is help someone decide what to do or NOT to do on thiers- that's all.

chad502ex
12-03-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
LOL...who won the 4 stroke drags...sparks...what bike...raptor...do u think chad is stupid...no he definantly is not...and makes some damn nice drag bikes...i wouldnt say nething to him bout him being wrong...cuz i bet hes not... and no i do not doubt sparks 55-58 hp if that is what they say they can get...sparks is awsome and i wouldnt doubt it...but if they got ahold of a 550 im sure they could get a lot more...and like chad said...there is no replacement for displacement

you crack me up Xx

:)

dart450r
12-04-2004, 03:48 AM
i have a 500 cc piston for sale if anyone is interested.... it's 13.5:1
i just need to get rid of it so i can finish gettin my crf ignition put on

12-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex

I just want to enlighten you on the 550R. Ya see you shouldn't categorize my 550 into the slow reving 720 raptor club. I agree they are slow revers, but in the case of my 550 my ultra-light is lighter than even the stock 450 piston. I'm even thinking of slowing the quicker than stock rev down a bit with a heavier flywheel. Not all big bores are slow turds you see

how u like that ultrlight...thats the 1 ring piston isnt it?...i heard those dont last but like 7-10 hours...sounds like a pain to me...but is there really a performance gain in doing it? im going with a 500 kit as soon as i get my elkas on...wondering if that really makes a difference...hopefully the 500 will be able to lug around..then go smack down the the floor and shoot off like a rocket

TrX450rKiD
12-04-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by trost66
I have the sparks cam, 13-8-1 piston sparks exhaust and they told me I should be pushing around 50 hp. I have a extend swing arm and before you had to really try to pull the front end up. With the piston and cam I could flip it over easy. If you got the rest of there kit I could see it hitting 55hp 58hp

50HP with an 02' CRF cam and high comp piston? :rolleyes: I wouldn't trust those #'s I was you ...

-The Kid-

12-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TrX450rKiD
50HP with an 02' CRF cam and high comp piston? :rolleyes: I wouldn't trust those #'s I was you ...

-The Kid-

its possible...that kit comes with more then that...ignition kit, piston, porting, valves, carb, cam, pipe, filter...but it says no where on their site that they are getting 50 hp...so they most likely arent...i would guess in the mid to top 40's at the most

chad502ex
12-04-2004, 10:26 AM
how u like that ultrlight...thats the 1 ring piston isnt it?...i heard those dont last but like 7-10 hours...sounds like a pain to me...but is there really a performance gain in doing it? im going with a 500 kit as soon as i get my elkas on...wondering if that really makes a difference...hopefully the 500 will be able to lug around..then go smack down the the floor and shoot off like a rocket

no my ultra light piston is a 3 ring oval forged type. very reliable and feather like.

:D

TrX450rKiD
12-04-2004, 02:54 PM
I was refering to trost66's post ;)

But, I do agree about the #'s you posted .. probably in the mid-40s

Haven't I seen you on .org XX?

-The Kid-

chad502ex
12-04-2004, 02:58 PM

-The Kid-

Yes- Kid you do see me there, but I have to tell you that I'm really disappointed in the "my shiznit don't stink attitude" over there at the .org". At least these folks don't get aggressive when you have an opinion about a topic. ya hear?

;)

12-04-2004, 03:15 PM

-The Kid-

ya u seen me at .org but everyone is dumb over there...so i dont go nemore...nor do neone i kno

R3Concepts
12-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Water under the bridge chad502ex. Also for the comment about the single ring pistons, the Sparks 13.8:1 is a single ring and its been 3 months for mine and the ring still looks brand new. I was told by my sponsor that it would go for 6 months easy.

chad502ex
12-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Water under the bridge chad502ex. Also for the comment about the single ring pistons, the Sparks 13.8:1 is a single ring and its been 3 months for mine and the ring still looks brand new. I was told by my sponsor that it would go for 6 months easy.

the less rings the less friction. less friction is good, but piston wobble is bad

RedRacer44
12-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Trust me, they're getting AT LEAST 50-52 HP outta the Spark National Kit. We have been getting 46-48 HP outta TRXs with 13:1 piston, stage II hotcam, jet kit, exhaust, and filter (same mods I have). Trust me, 50HP and up is a reality with the Sparks kit. A guy I know (he is nameless :D ), has the same kit in his TRX and it threw out 54 HP on the dyno...I dont have dyno sheets to prove it, I know, but I'm relaying info i've seen and heard.

chad502ex
12-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Trust me, they're getting AT LEAST 50-52 HP outta the Spark National Kit. We have been getting 46-48 HP outta TRXs with 13:1 piston, stage II hotcam, jet kit, exhaust, and filter (same mods I have). Trust me, 50HP and up is a reality with the Sparks kit. A guy I know (he is nameless :D ), has the same kit in his TRX and it threw out 54 HP on the dyno...I dont have dyno sheets to prove it, I know, but I'm relaying info i've seen and heard.

ok then:rolleyes:

still havn't seen any dyno results to prove what your claim'n, but I believe ya,...

TrX450rKiD
12-04-2004, 08:23 PM
ya u seen me at .org but everyone is dumb over there...so i dont go nemore...nor do neone i kno

No idea what you are talking about .. best info I have ever seen on a forum! No bickering like on most sites. Try checking it out another time, I think you will like it. If you like it over here, you should like it there too, a lotta members on atvriders are over there too :cool:

-The Kid-

12-04-2004, 10:31 PM
No idea what you are talking about .. best info I have ever seen on a forum! No bickering like on most sites. Try checking it out another time, I think you will like it. If you like it over here, you should like it there too, a lotta members on atvriders are over there too :cool:

-The Kid-

i been there...lots of info ya...but 2 much bs and no one is open to ideas...so im not going back again...2 much worthless fighting with people who have no knowledge of the subject

BOONE450R
12-04-2004, 10:58 PM
you guy crack me up! step in to the real world would ya.
50+ with out a big bore yea right. oh and sparks is bull $h!t check where he gets his cams from.:o what a scam. :ermm:

BOONE450R
12-04-2004, 11:00 PM
i been there...lots of info ya...but 2 much bs and no one is open to ideas...so im not going back again...2 much worthless fighting with people who have no knowledge of the subject

to much over there, WTF look what your going through right now.

12-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
you guy crack me up! step in to the real world would ya.
50+ with out a big bore yea right. oh and sparks is bull $h!t check where he gets his cams from.:o what a scam. :ermm:

y does it matter what cam he uses...he won the 4 stroke drags...plus hes the best engine builder around...dont really matter what cam he uses...its the setup is what gives it the advantage...if u mismatch parts you wont get the performance u are expecting...by mismatch i mean use parts that are not built to be ran with others...such as a ported head then a small *** pipe and carb...etc

12-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
to much over there, WTF look what your going through right now.

no im not...i dont have people telling me im wrong...and that k&n filters suck and dont work...and people dont act better then other people here...like stupid @$$ mixxer...u kno what...him and his pulse charger suck...so he can jus take it for himself cuz i aint running that pile of wasted metal...and he who has no respect what so ever...and is not willing to listen to others and just say that his lil experiments are fact...well ok...guess he is truly ignorant then...cuz every good scientist knows that it takes more then 1 consecutive test to prove something is fact

BOONE450R
12-04-2004, 11:08 PM
its your choice dude. ;)

RedRacer44
12-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Sparks isnt using the CRF cams anymore, the new cams are re-designed and completely different. The old cams were CRF cams, that is correct but thats not true anymore.

50 HP without a big bore is happening, I've seen it. I dont have a dyno sheet to prove it, but it is happening. Not trying to add more fuel to this fire but I'm just stating what I've seen and know.

chad502ex
12-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Sparks isnt using the CRF cams anymore, the new cams are re-designed and completely different. The old cams were CRF cams, that is correct but thats not true anymore.

50 HP without a big bore is happening, I've seen it. I dont have a dyno sheet to prove it, but it is happening. Not trying to add more fuel to this fire but I'm just stating what I've seen and know.

OK, sparks is the man! Oh, one more thing, sparks cam is now a Megacycle cam. What took him so long to realize that Megacycle is the best cam available for the 450r?

I bought mine onths ago....;)

12-05-2004, 08:36 AM
OK, sparks is the man! Oh, one more thing, sparks cam is now a Megacycle cam. What took him so long to realize that Megacycle is the best cam available for the 450r?

I bought mine onths ago....;)

u got the 1 or the 2? does it keep the low end or jus the mid-top? and where did u get it and for how much? :confused:

WhiteZee
12-05-2004, 11:24 AM
its funny when guys from .org come on here and try to help people and get " their dumb and are not open to new ideas" that is the complete opposite from how it really is. .org has the best tech and knowlegde of any web site i have ever seen.

chad502ex
12-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
its funny when guys from .org come on here and try to help people and get " their dumb and are not open to new ideas" that is the complete opposite from how it really is. .org has the best tech and knowlegde of any web site i have ever seen.

WZ, what are you talking about? what brought this on? ;)

chad502ex
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
u got the 1 or the 2? does it keep the low end or jus the mid-top? and where did u get it and for how much? :confused:

x2 mid to top cam. I bought from Mega at normal cost and not through the middle man Sparks (inflated cost of the same cam)- not that there is anything wrong with that,... :)

chad

TrX450rKiD
12-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Chad .. I can't wait to see the outcome! We will all be anxiously awaiting the results!!! :cool:

-The Kid-

chad502ex
12-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Chad .. I can't wait to see the outcome! We will all be anxiously awaiting the results!!! :cool:

-The Kid-

thx kid!

devil6
12-06-2004, 04:06 PM
no im not...i dont have people telling me im wrong...and that k&n filters suck and dont work...and people dont act better then other people here...like stupid @$$ mixxer...u kno what...him and his pulse charger suck...so he can jus take it for himself cuz i aint running that pile of wasted metal...and he who has no respect what so ever...and is not willing to listen to others and just say that his lil experiments are fact...well ok...guess he is truly ignorant then...cuz every good scientist knows that it takes more then 1 consecutive test to prove something is fact LOL, I so wish you could drive up here and race mixxer's 450, either one, or even his raptor. One test? Why don't u read the posts? I have read everything u typed over there at org and it wasnt exactly friendly. U came over there following a link pasted here and proceeded to tell mixx and everyone else they were stupid!!! Don't you remember the p!!ssin match u got into with me? one minute it's the dumbest pipe, then another, your gonna call him and talk to him about gettin one. From what i've seen your pro-sparks because you have some parts on order from him, so who's close minded now?????

R3Concepts
12-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Busted.

devil6
12-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Busted. LOL, i cant help it, i've seen his posts in action, and i've rode the vcp trx 450 and the raptor and they flat out get it! i have a hard time listening to someone who's own team mate insulted him over at .org insult the first pipe i've actually seen firsthand beat all the others. This guy is just angry and wants to bash the pipe. just thought i'd reply for those guys actually interested in this pipe and say please disregard this guys comments, they mean nothing.

WhiteZee
12-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by devil6
please disregard this guys comments, they mean nothing.
yes, this guy is a complete moron.

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 08:05 PM
LOL, I so wish you could drive up here and race mixxer's 450, either one, or even his raptor. One test? Why don't u read the posts? I have read everything u typed over there at org and it wasnt exactly friendly. U came over there following a link pasted here and proceeded to tell mixx and everyone else they were stupid!!! Don't you remember the p!!ssin match u got into with me? one minute it's the dumbest pipe, then another, your gonna call him and talk to him about gettin one. From what i've seen your pro-sparks because you have some parts on order from him, so who's close minded now?????

devil, if your saying that place is sooo great why are you here causing tension with Xx and not over there posting with them?

devil6
12-06-2004, 08:13 PM
devil, if your saying that place is sooo great why are you here causing tension with Xx and not over there posting with them? Chad, i have no problem with you, i have read some of your posts before, and i thought some of them quite rational. I am over there. I am also over here. I'm just making a point with Xx bashing something he knows absolutley nothing about. As smart as u have been in most of your posts, you can't possibly agree with what Xx says, or rants i should say, can you?

12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
for 1...i wouldnt ever buy that pile of $$$$ pipe...and for 2...go back to .org with all the wanna be believers instead of comming to exriders where people actually know things and make you look bad because you are unaware speaking as tho you know...and no im not pro-sparks...im pro no one...i could care less...i choose my pipe based on power...and what is the best for power?...well not the lil pulse charger...end of story

also chad...where you getting those cams from?

want250rhere
12-06-2004, 08:16 PM
do u think chad is stupid...

uh, yes I most definately do! WTF would you brag about 22" mud machines on a 550r? haha chad needs his head examined!

all this dyno crap, must sit on the dyno all the time, talk is cheap, come ride the woods, I will smoke your ***............:devil:

12-06-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by want250rhere
uh, yes I most definately do! WTF would you brag about 22" mud machines on a 550r? haha chad needs his head examined!

all this dyno crap, must sit on the dyno all the time, talk is cheap, come ride the woods, I will smoke your ***............:devil:

for 1..i never said that...and for 2...come race the woods...i race it for real and have a team...so feel free...and for 2...y r u getting into this talkin smack...isnt there enough of these people on the site as is :huh

devil6
12-06-2004, 08:21 PM
for 1...i wouldnt ever buy that pile of $$$$ pipe...and for 2...go back to .org with all the wanna be believers instead of comming to exriders where people actually know things and make you look bad because you are unaware speaking as tho you know...and no im not pro-sparks...im pro no one...i could care less...i choose my pipe based on power...and what is the best for power?...well not the lil pulse charger...end of story

also chad...where you getting those cams from? I am unaware of what? i am a believer in this pipe because i was offered a ride on both his machines from him after being introduced to him just 5 min earlier. They work, period. And all you ever talk about is sparks, so, i assume you to be pro sparks. You know what happened over there, and you started it with me first over here. You posess absolutley no ability to make me look bad.

12-06-2004, 08:30 PM
I am unaware of what? i am a believer in this pipe because i was offered a ride on both his machines from him after being introduced to him just 5 min earlier. They work, period. And all you ever talk about is sparks, so, i assume you to be pro sparks. You know what happened over there, and you started it with me first over here. You posess absolutley no ability to make me look bad.

actually i dont...u jus make urself look bad lol...u follow people around just to start more stuff with them unstead of jus giving your opinion on the subject...national stupid@$$ award for u :macho ...and i do kno what happened over there...mixxer is an idiot who thinks testing proves it all...but yet he most likely hasnt even used a k&n filter for real :huh

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Chad, i have no problem with you, i have read some of your posts before, and i thought some of them quite rational. I am over there. I am also over here. I'm just making a point with Xx bashing something he knows absolutley nothing about. As smart as u have been in most of your posts, you can't possibly agree with what Xx says, or rants i should say, can you?

devil, thanks for your reply. I have taken our discussion to the private PM, but would also like to add that it seemed that you have done exactly what Xx has done at .org- only in different words. I mean who's right here?

devil6
12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
"...mixxer is an idiot who thinks testing proves it all..." LOLOL, so testing doesent prove anything right? Let me get this straight, i posted my opinion over here and u jumped me! U called the pipe everything you could think of. and tried to discredit me. You tried making me look bad. mixx has been working with dirtbike motors all his life, he worked for a honda dealership at age 16 porting cylinders for them. What are your credentials Mr. engine builder?

12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
"...mixxer is an idiot who thinks testing proves it all..." LOLOL, so testing doesent prove anything right? Let me get this straight, i posted my opinion over here and u jumped me! U called the pipe everything you could think of. and tried to discredit me. You tried making me look bad. mixx has been working with dirtbike motors all his life, he worked for a honda dealership at age 16 porting cylinders for them. What are your credentials Mr. engine builder?

testing as in lab testing...and no that doesnt really prove nething...and my credentials are none of your business...and i would reccommend that you stop following me around and disrupting all of these threads before you are reported and banned

12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
where do you get those cams at chad...ima buy me 1

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by want250rhere

want, I live one state away from you and frequent PA almost twice a month riding my XC 550R. do you know where Tower City PA area is? maybe we can meet there real soon so I can throw serious "coal climbing mud machine roost" right down your BIG throat! It's obvious that there would be no way you'd ever keep up or in front of me, so what ya say; I'd really enjoy that!

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
where do you get those cams at chad...ima buy me 1

Megacycle 801-X2 and your friendly Sparks neighborhood.

devil6
12-06-2004, 08:51 PM
testing as in lab testing...and no that doesnt really prove nething...and my credentials are none of your business...and i would reccommend that you stop following me around and disrupting all of these threads before you are reported and banned You can report me if you like, I have not disrupted any threads. You blatintly attacked me in one of my posts. There is no lab. And why don't you report the other guys as well who replied to your words. just reporting the facts.

29FTEX
12-06-2004, 08:57 PM
want, I live one state away from you and frequent PA almost twice a month riding my XC 550R. do you know where Tower City PA area is? maybe we can meet there real soon so I can throw serious "coal climbing mud machine roost" right down your BIG throat! It's obvious that there would be no way you'd ever keep up or in front of me, so what ya say; I'd really enjoy that!

I didn't think your 550R was done yet.??? You said that the head doesn't come on until Tuesday, and you've got pics up of the motor tore down.

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
I didn't think your 550R was done yet.??? You said that the head doesn't come on until Tuesday, and you've got pics up of the motor tore down.

Very true, I never said it was done. I did say that I ride PA almost twice and month and in January I'll be there. In case you have never assembled a motor, it only takes hours after the parts are received not weeks or months. I am waiting on the head and hopefully tommorrow, it'll finally get here. I'd say by the end of December it'll be assembledin- fingers crossed.

29FTEX
12-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I've tore down a few myself, and know how long they take. I can breeze through a 250R. I was just looking at your response, and it said "riding" your XC 550R.

chad502ex
12-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
I've tore down a few myself, and know how long they take. I can breeze through a 250R. I was just looking at your response, and it said "riding" your XC 550R.

huh, your right- it did said "riding". never thought anyone read my post to that level of detail. Anyway, what I meant is that I ride PA 2x a month on my 450R (before the teardown), and right now I have already renamed my 450R to 550R- even though its not quite finished. Is that precise enough 29?

29FTEX
12-06-2004, 09:38 PM
huh, your right- it did said "riding". never thought anyone read my post to that level of detail. Anyway, what I meant is that I ride PA 2x a month on my 450R (before the teardown), and right now I have already renamed my 450R to 550R- even though its not quite finished. Is that precise enough 29?

You're getting closer.:D

dart450r
12-07-2004, 05:04 PM
i just wanna say that i've got one of mixxers vcp pulse charger exhausts to test...it's not a bad pipe at all... prolly better... he claimed to make more hp at 93 db tham other pipes...it doesn't feel like my sparks, but my sparks is ALOT loud than 93 db! the exhaust ran good with what i have.. 13.8:1, porting, fcr, johnson cam, crf ignition. i feel like i'm making 50 hp with what i have... i cannot wait to see his stealth pipe... supposed to be louder than the pulse charger pipe

TrX450rKiD
12-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Sorry I brought up .org .. I was just asking someone if I had seen them over there! Just have to add .. how can you not trust the tests when a lot of the feedback comes from the owner of Hotcams (I think he is qualified to make an accurate assessment) and he explains exactly how and WHY the Pulse Charger DOES work? Whatever .. let's just drop this here, no point it having personal attacks .. especially against people that aren't even here, kinda pathetic :rolleyes: Once again, sorry I asked someone a harmless question ...

-The Kid-

chad502ex
12-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Sorry I brought up .org .. I was just asking someone if I had seen them over there! Just have to add .. how can you not trust the tests when a lot of the feedback comes from the owner of Hotcams (I think he is qualified to make an accurate assessment) and he explains exactly how and WHY the Pulse Charger DOES work? Whatever .. let's just drop this here, no point it having personal attacks .. especially against people that aren't even here, kinda pathetic :rolleyes: Once again, sorry I asked someone a harmless question ...

-The Kid-

your alright.