PDA

View Full Version : gncc classes

660bigdaddy
12-01-2004, 01:02 PM
can someone tell me the classes and the rules for the 90cc classes?
my son has a kasea and was wondering the rules for stock. or close to stock class. what i can do and not do.
we're looking to do bars,tires,shocks, pipe and maybe lengthen the swinger. what class would we fit in?
thanks

Arctic Cat Dad
12-01-2004, 07:30 PM
It would be the 90cc production class. The shocks put you in the big 90 class.

660bigdaddy
12-02-2004, 12:26 PM
can you run a pipe in production class?

Johnny & Monica
12-02-2004, 01:18 PM
yes you can run a pipe in the production class

The 70cc and 90cc production classes must use a frame and engine cases out of a current-model ATV, but there are no restrictions on modifications beyond that. The Limited Class requires stock machines, and only limited modifications, such as an exhaust system, and other changes that are legal in the GNCC ATV stock class.

Here are the stock-class ATV rules:

Stock (ATV) - May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add larger fuel tanks or quick fill fuel systems. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....

660bigdaddy
12-02-2004, 01:23 PM
yes you can run a pipe in the production class thanks. is there a website that has the rule book?

Johnny & Monica
12-02-2004, 01:24 PM
http://www.gnccracing.com/

grizzlykev
12-02-2004, 05:15 PM
what class would we fall in we have a stock lt 80 with dg pipe and polaris front shocks on it ?does this mean we have to run production class or limited

Arctic Cat Dad
12-02-2004, 08:29 PM
You would fall in the 90cc limited class.

660bigdaddy
12-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Stock (ATV) - May change front shocks, tires, wheels, throttle assembly, axle, handlebars, grips, skid plates, plastics and seat covers, including those that add traction, but may not change seat height. May add bead locks, nerf bars, foot peg extensions, and open or closed end, metal or plastic hand guards. May not add larger fuel tanks or quick fill fuel systems. May not add steering stabilizers or air filter sleeves. May not add front shock reservoirs, or modify or remove front shock reservoirs from machines that come equipped with them. Riders may change front shocks on ATVs that do not come with rebuildable stock front shocks, but they may not replace the front shocks on ATVs that do come with rebuildable units stock (like the YFZ450). Only machines that come equipped with front reservoirs stock may run them. All motor components and rear suspension must remain stock. Aftermarket replacement parts may be used so long as they do not improve motor performance, add travel to the suspension, or have a reservoir. Example: carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....
i think you left out this part... Example: must have stock pipe, silencer, carburetor, air box, air cleaner, rear shocks, etc....
those rules are for the morning stock class. is it the same for the mini's?

Arctic Cat Dad
12-03-2004, 05:02 PM
They allow a pipe in the GNCC'S in the 90cc stock class. My Buddy's boy run the stock class on a TRX 90. He had a big gun exhaust on his.He also had works shocks on the front,but he had to take the rear shock off.

wolf91
12-04-2004, 03:13 PM
IMO, you shouldn't be able to change the exhaust or shocks in the stock class. Those all are performance enhancing. But rules are rules.

Johnny & Monica
12-04-2004, 04:04 PM
I think that's why they call it limited and not stock 90 so you can get away with a pipe and shocks. My daughter Taylor rode the limited class with the big gun and works also. My boy Chance rode the production class because he has a 107 kit and has stock shocks. We're hoping to put a motor kit on Taylors and new shocks for both. We sold the works shocks and Taylor got sponsored by elka so we'll see what they both can do in the production class this year.:D