PDA

View Full Version : GNCC in new england???

400EXracer74
12-01-2004, 10:44 AM
is there any GNCC races in the new england area or any race similar to GNCC?

Admin
12-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Unadilla, NY is going to be the New England Race.

rollie
12-01-2004, 02:01 PM
i wanna try XC....if i put some trail tires on my quad would i be competitive?

is unidilla a hard XC track?

cdalejef
12-01-2004, 02:21 PM
You'll want to get some good 6ply tires. How competitive you are will depend on what class you run.
Unadillia is a new track for GNCC so we don't know anything about it yet.

quad_45
12-01-2004, 05:27 PM
I have never been there but I have heard stories. Its very big in MX. Here is there website, not sure if it will help you out, but I plan on to go up there w/some friends to watch the MX sometime next year to look at it! http://www.unadillamx.com/lodging.htm

bradley300
12-02-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
i wanna try XC....if i put some trail tires on my quad would i be competitive?

is unidilla a hard XC track?

6 ply tires are nice,but for one race, and kind of trail tire should be fine as long as the rears are 20 inchers (ive raced a xc with 18 inchers and it wasnt THAT bad, but 20's would have made it easier)and the fronts are at least 21 inches. but you will need skids more than anything. for one race, you shouldnt need a full under carriage skid, but a swingarm skid is a must.

i would try the sport class, you'll do the best in it on your 300ex

rollie
12-02-2004, 01:52 PM
allright...i have some 22in razrs and 21's for trails so ill just use them....i have a stock skid plate...is that enough?:confused:

300exHILLER
12-02-2004, 03:32 PM
The same guy that runs Pay to Play Has over 600 acrs in CT on the RI border. We WILL have an XC track there soon. I just talked to him in the past couple of weeks. He's back to work and is trying to get the Johnston MX track all set before he puts time in on the XC track. When the XC is ready we will have a race there to try things out with payouts in every class. After that it will be open for practice and maybe a small series. I will post here when i find out anything else. I've been waiting for XC racing New England for 4 years.

Best parts for XC:
Tires
Steering Damper

bradley300
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
allright...i have some 22in razrs and 21's for trails so ill just use them....i have a stock skid plate...is that enough?:confused:

for one race it should be alright unless this is an extremely rocky area. if you want to get serious about xc, then i would get a good aftermarket one

markk
12-03-2004, 01:56 AM

Stock plate will work, But after i ran mine at Raush Creek last season I had holes in it from where my chain and disk had both eatin threw it! I recomend PRM skids, or a buddie of mine had been running a Armadilo swinger skid, and it seems to be really tough also!

420MINI
12-03-2004, 12:50 PM
sounds fun