PDA

View Full Version : 400ex that haul *** (mostly stock)

yellowrider
04-19-2002, 09:55 PM
he said only thing he did to it was grind the head pipe, did something to the back of the muffler , remove choke and the air lid, has the same stock filter and that thing was just flat out hauling ***** down the road today was he just messing around and his power was so close to a raptor that was stock !!! how can this be possible does he have the world fastest 4 wheeler ? or what..

i also think he said he was running a 16tooth sproket and i was running 14 and i couldnt tell the loose power difference at all they both felt the same but his had more power!! i think he was just pulling are leg and had some kind of mild motor work what do you all think??

Lorduss
04-19-2002, 10:39 PM
16 tooth sproket ? thats quite a gear change for that little change in mods. you would be supprised what airflow can do to any engine, infact im a firm beliver of tweaking out your engine with every minor thing you can do. it all adds up to some serious horsepower you never knew you could get for allmost no money, all it is, is time.

gojk
04-20-2002, 02:14 AM
With just what he had said he did, is basically what I have done and I just clocked mine at 72 MPH, that is with a 16 tooth front sprocket. It pulled to the rev limiter in 5th like it was nuthin, I want to throw on 36 tooth rear and try it again. I don't think I can go any higher up front. You can look at my mods list and see what I have done and with just that I am hanging with any raptor I have seen in my area. I am maybe 2 bikes behind in a 100 yard or so drag race. These Raptors have also hade about 2K extra put into them so I just laugh that they spent so much money and are bearly winning. With my 416 I will soon be beatin them like they are ridin Yamahas.

yellowrider
04-20-2002, 10:00 PM
my friend just got a cbr and he said mine was doing 71-72 at times 73 and when he hit 74 he pulled away from me

HE IS A BIATCH !!! I ALWAYS LET HIM RIDE MY 4WHEELER AND WHEN HE GETS SOMETHING WORTH RIDING HE WONT LET ME RIDE IT ..
he did take me for a ride we hit 144 and then it started to move funny i dotn know what happend he just got it today and i guess he wasnt used to it.. i was ready to get off only thing i had on was my thor boots and 2 year old thor helmet:D i dont think that would have saved my life

anyhow i guess he was full of crap oh and what i meant is that the 1 6tooth sproket pulled just as hard as my 14 tooth sproket