PDA

View Full Version : ????'s about revalving

awsomeaussies
11-30-2004, 04:41 PM
I bought a set of works tripple rate shocks w/o rezzies for my 400ex. They are set up for a 175 pound rider with stock a-arms. I on the other hand am a 130 pound rider with +2 a-arms.

I know I need to get them revalved and I think I'm gonna go with DeRisi. Do you think I just need the revalve or should I go with the millinnium kit? I'm not sure what all the millinnium kit includes, but will it be alot better than just a revalve? I've heard that works shocks with the millinnium kit are comparible the peps or elkas. Is that true?

Anybody have the millinnium kit on there works or get them revalved at DeRisi?
Thanks

cdalejef
11-30-2004, 05:10 PM
Have you tried them yet? The difference in the 175 lbs rider going to +3 arms with your weight should work out about right!

awsomeaussies
11-30-2004, 05:42 PM
No I haven't tried them yet. They just came in the mail yesterday and my quad is in a million pieces getting ready for powdercoating.

Thanks, at least I know I can ride with them without having any problems.

But what makes the works shocks perform so much better with the millunnium kit. What do they do to the shocks?

Santo DeRisi
12-01-2004, 06:16 AM
Hello,

When we do the Pro Millennium Kit on Works Shocks we take the works pistons and valving out and put in our own pistons and valving so that we can make the shocks more for your weight and riding type. Works uses different size holes and little springs and check balls for their valving which can be a pain trying to tune. We use pistons that have the shim style valving which is easier to tune, and flows the oil much better than the works pistons. All our work is a 100% guarantee. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

awsomeaussies
12-01-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks DeRisi,
As soon as I save some money, those shocks will be in the mail.:D

Santo DeRisi
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
No prob just send me an email or call me and let me know so i will be ready for them.

awsomeaussies
12-01-2004, 04:50 PM
Will Do, thanks