PDA

View Full Version : how should i jet my bike?

flattracker4389
11-30-2004, 04:35 PM
Before yall get mad, i kno that there are alot of posts about jetting but i was wanting help for my own personal problem n i would appreciate any help given. i have jus rebuilt my 400ex to a 416ex. im in the late stages of breaking it in. before the rebuild i was jus running with the k&n, hmf, and a 160 dyna jet.(which is the equivilent of a 155 keihn jet in my opinion!) im still running the same setup but i have a 416 bore with an 11:1 piston.i feel like its missing the power off the bottom but im not sure cuz i havent been able to really get on it. wat is ur opinions on how i should jet. when i jetted before i only changed the stock jet to the 160 dyna. i didnt mess with the clips, positions, needles or pilot jets cuz i dont kno much about them. if u could help me i would really appreciate it.

thanks
-Sean

speedy400
11-30-2004, 06:39 PM
I would definetly richen it up! IMO I'd say dynojet 170Main jet, Pilot jet 45. On the needle, move the clip down 1, or if you have a very small small washer you can put the washer under the clip and hopefully, if its the right thickness, you'd get a 1/2 clip down effect. So if you can go 1 1/2 clips down on the needle and you have all of the above you should be good to go, your mods are similar to when I just got my 416 when I had a stock carb, that was my jetting before I got the FCR39mm.good luck-darren

upyours
12-01-2004, 05:34 PM
i would start with every thing the other guy said pilot 45 and move your needle one but i would start with a richer main i would run at least a 180 and work from there the spin your adjuter skrew out 1 and3/4 to 2 turns and check your plugif its tan your good if its black you need to go with a smaller main and if its white or if the motor noses over at high end you need to fatten up the main but 180 should be close