PDA

View Full Version : Xc Mods?

watts16
11-30-2004, 04:17 PM
i just had my first XC race and i love it. what are some good mods for XC racing. i have a 300EX with the mods listed in my sig.

thanks greg

logan
11-30-2004, 04:53 PM
get some
razor 2 fronts
razor 1 rear
bars
probly a kill switch
hevy tie rods
heavy rims
handguards

thans all i can think about rite now

cdalejef
11-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Aftermarket shocks are the best mod you can do to any quad!
Good 6 ply tires like Kenda's or Holeshots
Keep the stock rims (they are very good) and save that money for shocks
PRM skids
steering stabilizer

Other than that and what , ditch the K&N filter and replace it with foam.

KILLAQuad
11-30-2004, 07:24 PM
and be sure to do what Jeff said...

I got nothing ....:( ... he said it all.....

SUSPENSION SUSPENSION SUSPENSION..... that is what you need to do first.... along with the skids to protect your investment... the tires (SUCH AS RAZRS) are another GOTTA HAVE... kenda holeshots or RAZRS :D , in a 6 ply.... get the Foam filter (UNI for example)..... bars and Grips... if you cant hang on you cant go fast..... and the stabilizer is a nice addition.... from there it is just save'n money for the races and spare parts.....;)

bone705
11-30-2004, 07:45 PM
have you been doin any riding lately? i was kinda wondering how those I Razors are holding up. im trying to decide on them or Razor2s for next season. oh any luck on selling your 450r? im anxious to see this gem your looking to pick up.

watts16
11-30-2004, 09:31 PM
my dad wants to hold off on the suspension i think im going to look into the atv parts section and ebay and if anyone else has any shocks for sale PM me ..........what is a good front tire and where can i buy a steering stableizer at? also do i need A-arm skid plates?

thanks
Greg

UbeenSmoked
11-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
my dad wants to hold off on the suspension i think im going to look into the atv parts section and ebay and if anyone else has any shocks for sale PM me ..........what is a good front tire and where can i buy a steering stableizer at? also do i need A-arm skid plates?

thanks
Greg

For the a-arms skids, personally i wouldnt waste ur money on them

Matt

motoboy66
12-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Besides the shocks, the best thing I put on my quad, the stearing stabalizer, and good 6 ply tires are the first things I would buy. Also handguards are a good choice for muddy races, or tight trails where I always hit trees. You can get stearing stabalizers from a lot of places, I personaly run a PEP, it was free, but my buddy has a GPR big $$$$. The stabalizer made me faster, and helps you from getting tiered too soon. Godd luck with your races. Are you going to race any of the MO races?

watts16
12-01-2004, 05:24 PM
im not sure if im going to race the iowa seies or the MO series i think i am going to race in iowa because i have alot of family over there by the tracks

Greg

Thanks for all the responses.

parkers30
12-01-2004, 06:03 PM
I think we are going to try to race some of that series next year and whatever else we can make it too, we'll have to hook and up and car pool in some way, saving $$$ is always good and your close

watts16
12-01-2004, 06:05 PM
parker, we have a motor home but its nothing special and a conversion van so we could prolly car pool to the races

greg

parkers30
12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
we've got motorhomes too, but kevin with want to take is trailer like always and its only two place, mine is just big enough for mine, dang enclose trailers :p

watts16
12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
yeah we only have a 2 place trailer but my dad can get a carhauler from his friend that would hold about 4 quads.

greg

watts16
12-03-2004, 05:25 PM
any more good XC mods?

thanks
greg

woodside83
12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
get the razr2 frounts and itp hd rearsyea it looks wierd but the rear hd is the better tire thant the razr2 rear , YOU WILL NEED STRONGER TIE RODS I BENT THE STOCKERS ON MY 450R the first day i had it . prm are some of the best skides out their they are kinda tricky to put on but they will not come off. suspenstion you realy need. for wheels if you want to never buy a nother set again go with hiper tech the are not cheep but i have been racing on the same set for 2 years and just repase the outer rings last year they are a tuff wheel

watts16
12-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by woodside83
YOU WILL NEED STRONGER TIE RODS I BENT THE STOCKERS ON MY 450R the first day i had it .

yeah when i was in my very first race i bents a tie rod when i hit a tree in the air bent it back though

thanks for all the comments

greg

woodside83
12-05-2004, 10:06 AM
that is the only thing good about them they bend back so easy if you mess them up

geogeorge
12-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
any more good XC mods?

thanks
greg

nerf bars. Trust me you will wont them.

woodside83
12-07-2004, 08:38 AM
ims wide foot pegs they are the best thing ever. alot of $$$ but whell worth it

markk
12-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Shocks/ tires first! then mabey get your bars set up where u feel very comfortable. The best thing u can do in XC racing, is maintain your quad before and after every race! (oil/filter, electrical connections, and just feel is anything is getting worn, or loose)

Jeff is right, shocks, tires, skids, and bar setup!

T2RACING
12-08-2004, 02:48 PM
New to the xc race scene.. What do you mean by grease the electrical components

T2RACING
12-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Also why is it best to go with the foam filter opposed to the k & n

markk
12-08-2004, 03:02 PM
I love my UNI, never had a water problem with it ever!, About greasing the electrical componets, us A Silicone Dielectric grease!

Napa has some that works great, It says ECHLIN ML-2 on the tube! I think its for fords, but it works great for me!