PDA

View Full Version : Anti ATV Article

Honda4trax250x
11-30-2004, 04:06 PM
Did anyone see the article in Four-Wheeler magazine that is against ATVs and dirtbikes? I thought it was pretty stereotypical, and kinda stupid.

Anyone else see this article and have some comments?

Hondadudeehhhh
11-30-2004, 04:56 PM
that guys needs to re think what he said. In some of his sentences he said how he tried to suuport atv's but he was mostly bashing them. If he was into quads and knew how it felt to open one up on a trail he would get rid of his jeep and switch to quads. He said why buy an atv while you could buy a jeep for the kids? hmmm i dont think he realizes that its boring being a 12 year old boy/girl sitting in the back of a jeep that you cant even drive, climbing over some rocks, watching your dad have all the fun.... mean while a kid your age is flying past you on a four wheeler or dirt bike. He needs to not be so thick headed and realize how boring it is watching him have all the fun

SRH
11-30-2004, 05:48 PM
i dont even think its very fun for the guy riding over some rocks unless your a really boring guy and you get hyped up to watch tires roll over rocks at 5 mph....if you like that a beach ball could keep you occupied for days

TRX250X
11-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i dont even think its very fun for the guy riding over some rocks unless your a really boring guy and you get hyped up to watch tires roll over rocks at 5 mph....if you like that a beach ball could keep you occupied for days

I thought it looked boring too until I saw my first rock crawling competition at the Badlands in Attica. There's nothing like seeing those guys work those purpose built rock crawlers as hard as they can trying to power up a steep slope that guys on bikes probably couldn't even make it to the top on. There's also the excitement of seeing them roll down the hill end over end. A very expensive sport to be involved in I'm sure.

Pappy
11-30-2004, 07:59 PM
write a letter to the editor...express your opinions and concerns over the article.

get involved!

gyt-r450
11-30-2004, 08:04 PM
:eek2:

derekhonda
11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
It shouldnt ever be offroad enthusiest against off road enthusiests. We all should bind together as one group to fight the hippies, instead of fighting each other. And if you guys think truck offroading is easy, or cheap, or boring, go do it.

Destructo
11-30-2004, 09:13 PM
You know what, we all use the same trails in a lot of places, so why are we fighting each other? That energy could be used for opening/keeping trails open.

I came from wheeling a 87 Suzuki Samurai that I recently sold/traded, and I enjoy crawling and all that, and I own a dirt bike, and I always have used the same trails as ATVs, so if everybody could get along it would be great.