PDA

View Full Version : my other motor needs a new makeover

hardkoratvmxr
11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
I have 2 2003 300exs and one is already setup for motocross and the other one is stock on the motor and frame. What should I do to the stock one here is what i was thinking about..
These are things that should be done to the engione no frame modifications

1. Weisco 11:1 .6 over piston
2. curtis sparks rev box
3. Big gun full race exhaust
4. K&N airfilter/prefilter
5. Edlebrock carb
6. no airbox lid
7. port and polish

If you have any other suggestions i would appreciate it thanks

cals400ex
11-30-2004, 10:40 PM
i am not sure what you mean .6 over??

i think i would go with a je or ross piston, gt thunder rev box, sparks, lrd, or hmf complete pipes. for the carb, i hear most like their fcr's more than the others. the air box lid and the K&N is personal opinion. i honestly run a uni with the air box lid on. the port and polish can come last. however, you will need an aftermarket cam. this will really help out. i say do the cam before the port and polish and carb for sure.

cals400ex
11-30-2004, 10:42 PM
sorry about that, i thought you were doing this to a 400ex. anyways, i would still get a complete pipe. the big gun is nice for low end power. the others will do better for mid-high rpm power. i am not sure who makes a rev box for the 300. i can tell you the sparks box for the 400ex makes the bike not start in cold weather. i don't know anything about aftermarket carbs for the 300ex. you will still want an aftermarket cam.