PDA

View Full Version : whoops tips

EPDP99
11-30-2004, 03:20 PM
I have done a search and nothing was found. Need some tips for the whoops. I recently went to the dunes and a comp hill i couldnt make it through the whoops very well. First i found my shock when i got it back from getting a elka rebuild on stock shock was to full hard for rebound and compression. where should I set it and how to get through the whoops better. The back end of my bike keeps bouncing up and not getting power to the ground.

sam the brave
11-30-2004, 03:48 PM
try to keep the front end off the ground and lean all the way back
this works for me

6arett
11-30-2004, 04:11 PM
get 3rd 4th gear pined hitting them, DONT LET UP lean back and hope u make it :)

Bush0102
11-30-2004, 04:18 PM
lean back and stay on that throttle

EPDP99
11-30-2004, 07:28 PM
hmm thats what ive been doing, but sometimes gets squirly still. I guess keep practicing. Thanks though.

geogeorge
11-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by EPDP99
I have done a search and nothing was found. Need some tips for the whoops. I recently went to the dunes and a comp hill i couldnt make it through the whoops very well. First i found my shock when i got it back from getting a elka rebuild on stock shock was to full hard for rebound and compression. where should I set it and how to get through the whoops better. The back end of my bike keeps bouncing up and not getting power to the ground.

ok. before you pin it in the whoops get your shocks set to where you like them. if your doing a lot of mx then you might need your front stiff and lighten up the back so you can compress it. once your shocks are set then pin it in the whoops. also look for the easy way thought them. don't just point and go. if you loose your timeing in the whoops then try to double them out at the end.

SAND LUVR
12-01-2004, 01:58 PM
go to doug gust web site and he gives tips.