PDA

View Full Version : Best place to ride in Midwest????

balls2da-wall
11-30-2004, 12:50 PM
I live in Iowa and am looking for a good place to go riding over spring break with some friends and am willing to drive to another neighboring state to ride over the break but want to make sure it is worth while!!! does anyone know somewhere good around Iowa....not in Iowa cause I have been to all the places around here and am not impressed...im looking for some good trails since I need some practice before the XC season starts back up:D

mmartin
12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
St. Joe state park in Missouri is one of my favorite places but it may be too far of a drive. 2000 acres of riding area and they have a campground for the summer months.

balls2da-wall
12-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a friend who goes to some Columbia park in Missiouri...is St. Joes better in your opinion?

the Z Man
12-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Little Sahara, 8 hours drive, where you live in Iowa? I live in DesMoines area. Bob Z.

balls2da-wall
12-01-2004, 04:19 PM
I live in Newton...we were going to go to there but I dont want to buy sand tires and im looking to ride in some dirt:D...im sure I will go there sometime next year just not over spring break.

the Z Man
12-01-2004, 04:23 PM
You know Rietchtmier, or Varmit # 57, I got some sands I can loan ya... you gotta try it. Z

balls2da-wall
12-01-2004, 04:29 PM
No cant say I know them...I just started racing towards the end of this race season and im just 17...I really dont know anyone yet...and if I could loan some sand tires I would deffinatly go!

the Z Man
12-01-2004, 04:33 PM
I.ve got some for ya, you gotta take care of em though,,, pm me. Z

tdsongster
12-01-2004, 07:48 PM
This is right on the border to nebraska. I live in Omaha and it take me about 15 min to get there. See www.rivervalleytrailriders.com for complete description of the ATV park. I usually ride about once a week.

QUADROOKIE
12-02-2004, 08:10 PM
Zman..where in DSM area you from? I am in Milo, near Indianola, but originally from Martensdale.

the Z Man
12-04-2004, 10:09 AM
Urbandale actually, just west of the D.... Z

QUADROOKIE
12-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Ahh I see. I and some friends are gonna go to Waynoka sometime in the spring...hopefully in march sometime before the Harescramble season starts.

Locknload82
12-08-2004, 01:49 PM
If you like woods trails Chadwick near springfield MO has 125 miles of marked trails and maps marked easy, moderate and expert. Lots of rocks, though, aftermarket skid plates recommmended. there are campgrounds and there is a user fee. email me at eclaw6185@hotmail.com for more details

5valves
12-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by balls2da-wall
I live in Newton...we were going to go to there but I dont want to buy sand tires and im looking to ride in some dirt:D...im sure I will go there sometime next year just not over spring break.
Believe it or not Wanoka is good practice for XC racing. We go there 3-4 times a year. There are alot of fast trails around the outside of the park.
We ride the trails at night to avoid head-on's.

Columbia can be very muddy, Park hills is more like chat or sand.
Chadwick is cool, great practice. I think you have to pay a small fee to ride there.
There is Milford lake in KS. it has lots of trails and hills. camping in the orv park. no fee. Its just west of Junction city.
We are heading down to White rock In Arkansas tomorrow night.
Its in the Ozark National forest. SE of fayetville. I have never been there, and am going with some bike guys, so I am taking the 250f bike.
I will let you know if its quad friendly.

5valves
12-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Nope dont ever go to white rock. hard *** trails, streams, rocks, and a beutiful view. Oh and a few hills.
See ya on 1-8
Several thousand acres of the worst kinda riding, I think I will Take the two and four wheeler next time. Better bring some spare parts we did 130 miles two weekends ago.
Oh yea, a GPS might be handy.
Some trails are beginer friendly, the good ones are not.
The Blue Diomond trail is about a 30 mile loop of 2 track riding, very fast and fun.
Get off the marked trails and good luck without a GPS.
The most fun I hav had in years.

throwinitup
12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
WELLSVILLE OHIO Rated #3 place to ride in the nation by dirtworld....cant beat that!