PDA

View Full Version : got my 300ex back from the shop to day and got a few ?s

bigbadbrad
04-19-2002, 08:26 PM
ok i went to pick up my 300 from the shop a few hours ago. had steel braided brakelines , twist throtle, handel bar and park brake bloke off put on and i need some help. the steel braided brake lines dont seem to help because i push on the pedal and it is still all mushy. the wheels still lock but the brakes are all mushy and i heard a hissing and thought the bleeder valve was not closed all the way but it was and i looked closer and there was brake fluide with air bubles coming out of theparke brake block off. now i know i need to bleed my brakes again. what i am asking is what kind of sealent do i put in my block off i read a post a while back and i think it said silicone rvt sealent. i have a james lucky old style blocke off (not the new wavey one of the finned one the one that says lucky on it) it does not have a gasket in it, but it does have a little hole(pinkey diamiter) in it. so where do i put the sealent and what kind do i use?
and i like the twist throtle so far. i will find out if i am going to keep when i go on a trail ride in may(when the trails open).
sorry about it being so long but i need some help and i am really :confused: and need to know what to do.
thanks
big bad brad

cdalejef
04-19-2002, 08:29 PM
There shouldn't be fluid behind the blockoff plate. Sounds like you have a bad o-ring around the piston pin that operates the e-brake. The RTV just keeps water from getting behind it.

bigbadbrad
04-19-2002, 08:47 PM
what do you mean? i took off the park brake. i put a block off on. I am :confused: wherer is the o ring? is that expensive to fix?
my park brake block off looks like this but it says jl on the side

300EX parking brake blockoff plate
parking brake blockoff --> 12.99Add to Cart

bigbadbrad
04-20-2002, 06:15 AM
the pic itried puting above did not work so here is a description of it
my pb block off looks like the one in the exriders.com store but it has jl on the side which stands for james lucky

04-20-2002, 08:55 AM
advice.....don't let local shop work on your quad.
you've could of put those parts on yourself with any trouble. i never bring my quad to the local shop unless its somthing major in the motor.

bigbadbrad
04-20-2002, 06:01 PM
i did not go to a shop i went to a r=freind that is a very good mechanic and it did not cost much at all
i know i could have of put all that stuff on my self but i dont have the time because of school ok

cdalejef
04-21-2002, 10:14 AM
There is a pin that is on the back side of the caliper piston. There is 2 o-rings on that pin that are most likley bad. You need to buy a caliper rebuild kit. I don't think they are very expensive.

bigbadbrad
04-22-2002, 01:58 PM
yup you are right. ineed to replace those o-rings. i took of my pb block off and i found part of the o-ring. thanks everyone that respondeed to my post. i am preety sure i am going back to my thumb throttle. i dont like the twist on a quad.

bigbadbrad
04-23-2002, 07:16 PM
and ordered the little oring and 2 bigger ones i will get a pic
or maybe not well here is a link and i ordered part 29 and 2
http://www.servicehonda.com/HARD%20PARTS/ATV/TRX300EX_93_01/trx300ex%20frames%20page.htm
is that all i needed it should be in on monday so i should get it fixed next week.

and i think i saw a used 250r at the dealer(no kiding) if it was a r im gonna sell my 300ex and try to buy.(see what my dad will say about that):D

bigbadbrad
04-23-2002, 07:17 PM
here it goes again

http://www.servicehonda.com/HARD%20PARTS/ATV/TRX300EX_93_01/trx300ex%20frames%20page.htm[/SIZE]

bigbadbrad
04-23-2002, 07:20 PM
ok on the link scrool down on the parts list and click on rear brake caliper. in the picture i ordered part # 29 and part # 2. is that all i need?

cdalejef
04-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Thats the ones!

bigbadbrad
04-23-2002, 07:36 PM
good thanks for all the help jeff. i think i might buy some stuff from the quadshop because u know ur stuff and are very kind and helpfull