PDA

View Full Version : parking brake on 400EX

Demoniac
11-29-2004, 07:29 PM
the parking brake on my 400EX broke, how can I take it off? It's just extra weight to me.

fastkid400
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
just get a parking brake block off kit, install it on the rear caliper and disconnect the cable at the handlebars and pull the cable out, and ur done

Demoniac
11-29-2004, 09:19 PM
can I just take the whole thing off?

hondarider2006
12-01-2004, 12:52 AM
the whole parking brake?? Yes you can do that. Like fastkid said, you will want to get the block off, and that takes place of the parking brake assembly on the rotor. Than just take the cable off of the clutch perch and your set.

keljas21
12-01-2004, 04:11 PM
After you do all the things they say twist the two wires together and tape together so you can still start the quad while in gear. If you dont do this you can not start in gear.

hondarider2006
12-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by keljas21
After you do all the things they say twist the two wires together and tape together so you can still start the quad while in gear. If you dont do this you can not start in gear.

Be careful when you do that, quad will still start even with the clutch not pull in;)

nosliw
12-01-2004, 09:44 PM
not sure what you guys are talking about twisting wires together.... i can pull the clutch in in 1st and fire it up. i'm sure it will do it in all other gears too, just havent tried it.....

TCracin440ex
12-01-2004, 11:37 PM
ok...on the stock wiring harness there is a lil black box that connects to the stock clutch perch and it wont let the bike fire if the clutch isnt pulled in or is in Nutral...so when you replace your clutch lever with an aftermarket 1 and give the stocker and stock ebrake the boot...what you want to do is take those 2 wires that run to the black box in the stock clutch lever and snip the ends of them off....strip them, and tie them together and tape them back up into the wire harness....

but be careful...with the nutral over ride switch gone, you dont even have to pull in the clutch to start the bike...