PDA

View Full Version : Quadworks..

JRP
11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Does any one have a quadworks preformance kit. with the k&n filter, outwear, and the jetkit? i have it for my 300ex and i am usting the bag number 128 and my e clip is on the 4th notch down from my needle. i am runnin no airbox lid and an aftermarket exhaust. where i live it is below 3000ft. so i am doing everything i am supposed to do, but when i give it gas its boggs down. liek it idles fine but liek halfway of the gas it boggs down. and its worst in an higher gear. can anyone help me and tell me wuts wrong. sorry bout writtin so much i just wanted to make it clear. Thanks

mojoe2878
11-29-2004, 06:53 PM
just wondering
when you put the filter on did you oil it? if so how much oil did you put on there if it is over oiled then you may not be getting enough air to the engine to mix with the fuel and it would cause it to bogg down.
just somethin to check because with the jet you said you had and the needle position it doesnt sound like its a jetting issue.

JRP
11-29-2004, 06:55 PM
well when i got my k&n it was already oiled. i dont knwo if i can fix this by adjusting the fuel mixture screw or moving the needle. i belive its way to rich. and i dont have a clue wuts wrong. it just boggs down.

mojoe2878
11-29-2004, 07:54 PM
the air/fuel screw is mainly for idling and low throttle, but it wont hurt to try it, 2 to 2 1/2 turns out from lightly seated is usually a good starting point for the air/ fuel screw.
try moving the needle clip back to the stock position and see how it does. buy a couple new plugs and do some plug checks to see what the plugs look like after you have run it at higher rpm's. plug check will tell you a lot about where you need to go with your jetting.
does you carb. have a nut and threaded sleeve looking piece where your main jet screws in? if so did you turn the nut any when you installed the jet? if it was moved much it will have an effect on your jetting. especially if you lowered the needle clip at the same time.