PDA

View Full Version : 05 250ex

Trujeepr
11-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Jus bought a 250EX and we went riding saturday and it wouldn't idle by it self with the gas in the on position, so I put it on res and it was idleing as soon as i put it on the on position it wanted to die, anyway i took it to the honda service center where i bought it and the head mechanic asked me if i had a full tank of gas when it happened, (btw it had a full tank when it was doing this) he looked in the tank with a flashlight adjusted the carb and checked the gas level with his mirror handle and said it need more gas to operate in the on position and when the gas get low you have to put it in the res position to continue riding it, he also said you can run it in the res position all the time", which that is true but when you run out of gas you are either pushing or towing to a fuel station.

Anyway I'm asking if anyone has had the problem with not idling in the on position, I'm not going back to them unless something needs to be replaced or to fix the problem under the warranty.

Thanks for any help,

Chuck

chucked
11-29-2004, 01:35 PM
it would run but not idle?

Trujeepr
11-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by chucked
it would run but not idle?

Yea, in the on position

FasstMidnightZ
11-29-2004, 02:22 PM
okay so it will run on the on postion but not idle and he said u need gas . hmmm i dont think that was a gas problem unless u could tell it was real low wich is pretty easy to tell . so take it to another shop and see what they say

YFZ450Ridr
11-29-2004, 02:31 PM
did u check ur idle maby???

also when me n my dad went ridin his choke was just barely on and the motor was warm and it woodnt idle right.

reconmaster
11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
thats what happens when it needs 2 be turned on2 reserve or it bogs down 2 tell u it needs 2 be turned on res

heavyd119
11-29-2004, 06:33 PM
When I run low on gas my 250 won't idle and bogs down, I put it in reserve, ride it home, fill it up, and it runs fine. But you said it's full so you probably aren't geting all the gas to the engine. I'd check to see if the lines are connected right and aren't leaking or cloged. It does the same if the choke is on.

chucked
11-29-2004, 06:41 PM
No this doesnt make sense, The fuel is gravity feed, no kind of pump or anything. Maybe the vibration of the motor at high revs was pushing some gas into the fuel line???