PDA

View Full Version : AC propegs?? how are they ?

xsr_racing28c
11-29-2004, 11:26 AM
i am looking at purchasing some AC propegs with heel guards for my 450r, and i was wondering if this is the way to go , or if any of you are having problems with this setup... post replys

Shawn H
11-29-2004, 11:45 AM
I would get X-factors before the AC pegs.
The AC pegs wear out and you can only sharpen them a few times they are aluminium. The X-factors have Stainless pegs edges and are replaceable and they dont go dull>

Rootar
11-29-2004, 12:19 PM
i like my AC's propeg nerfs w/ heelguards they have a HUGE footpeg over stock over twice the room they are wider and longers and have a little kickup i havent had to sharpen my pegs and i have had them for 6 months and they arent at all dull but if you want replaceable pegs go with the pro amor they look to be the best IMO

komatsu kid
11-29-2004, 12:55 PM
i had my ac pro-pegs for 1 year and had to sharpin them 3 times,now i have to buy new nerfs,i'm getting x-factor

theTman
11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
my AC pro pegs are fine:huh they havent wore out:huh

Shawn H
11-29-2004, 04:08 PM
Dude I dont care what ya have or got but I know 3 people who ride with us that the edges for the foot pegs wore down and needed to be resharpened and on 1 set we added a set of Rath racing outer foot peg extenders.

I'm just stating facts from our experience we all race XC and race a lot.

It is what it is:ermm:

02ex
11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
does x-factor have a site can't find it

thanx

JR3
11-30-2004, 04:31 AM
heres the site x factor site (http://www.x-factormotorsports.com/) my friend has em and races and says they are awesome heres a pic off their website http://www.x-factormotorsports.com/x-factor/Nerf%20Bar%20Page.htm

Karizz
11-30-2004, 06:28 AM
My AC Pro pegs wore down fast..,,,i sharpened them once. Im selling them now.$60 plus shipping to the first person that PM's me..they are still in good shape but Im going with the ProArmors with steel peg.

xsr_racing28c
11-30-2004, 09:31 AM
can you just swap out the pegs on these?? also, what kinda boots wear these down so fast?? i just use fox boots and i dont ride too hard so i don't think i will have much of a problem....

Karizz
11-30-2004, 09:34 AM
heavy mud racing wears them down ...i think thats what happened to mine.Dont get me wrong,they are good nerfs.Its just that i'm going with a steel cleat now.

JR3
11-30-2004, 12:13 PM
wint a steal cleet rust out

r00st
12-02-2004, 11:38 AM
first off, i officially HATE ac racing, because they dont even HAVE customer service, and the fitment on their pro pegs is CRAP!

i had to cut and reweld their mounts (as many others have had to) just to get them to fit somewhat...and even still they arnt perfectly straight.

besides that, i do like the nerfs, and dont really understand how people are wearing them down? i dont wear riding boots, am not comfortable in MX boots, and never found ATV boots that were large enough, so i just wear heavy duty steel toe'd work boots.

i have probably 200+ hours on my machine and they arnt worn hardly at all.... (im 240 lbs, and combine that with me trying to move my 550+ lb DS650 around, i would think i, if anyone would wear them out faster than a 150 lb kid on a 350 lb quad)

anyway...i dont know what those xfactors cost, but for 200 or less the pro pegs are a good deal, as long as you dont mind fixing what the factory cant do themselves.

Out_Sider
12-02-2004, 04:49 PM
well i personally LOVE AC racing, they have always been there to talk to me when i needed them, and the newest AC propegs do not wear down like the old ones did and they look good :cool:

r00st
12-02-2004, 04:55 PM
i agree they are always there to talk to you....but thats all they do, is TALK!

i spoke with MANY different people...all of them had the typical California attitude...

the first time i contacted them there was some new guy handling my case...he got fired and apparently all his cases went to the wind. I called back 2 weeks later to find that info, and someone else started "helping" me, they too blew me off. (waited a week...called back to find out he didnt do anything about my problem) im not going to write out all the details as i dont have an hour free to type out how many different times i called them.

i also found the instructions that were included were a total joke...it was a sheet of paper the size of a post it note (if i still have it ill scan it) and it looks like it was printed on a 1980's printer...wasnt legible at all, and some sorry attempt for a picture could hardly be made out.

maybe its because all they used to make is bumpers... so they thought it was just as easy to make somthing to bolt onto the frame, but apparently they didnt research that.

anyway, if AC starts making products that dont require me to re-fabricate what should have been done at the factory, ill consider purchasing again.

*edit** i just noticed your sponsored by AC.... thats probably why they help you!

Shawn H
12-02-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm no 150 lb kid bud!:huh

They wear down eventually Im not going to argue with ya. Maybe ya'll dont ride or race hard enough?

I guess I'm lying and they are the best pegs money can buy:bandit:

r00st
12-02-2004, 07:13 PM
you keep tokin that peace pipe brotha.... i was simply stating my weight, didnt assume your weight, but i did assume being 250+ lbs loaded on a 550+ lb quad, riding very agressively, im goign to put more wear on mine than someone in the 150 range riding a smaller bike...

and beleive me... i no longer support AC at all...their products are ok...craftmanship is CRAP and customer service cant be explained with text its so bad...