PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot HD vs. IRazrs

Jake250ex
11-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Wich tire is overall better for mud and deep ruts and occasianal (sp)hardpack? I cant understand wh ythey dont make them in 22'', because they claim they are for such "extreme conditions", wouldnt you think that lots of mud, water and deep ruts qualifies as that? Anyway, Im looking for 300ex tires and need to know what I should

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-29-2004, 11:20 AM
I haven't ridden on the I razr but I do know that the HD does awesome in the mud LOTS of traction.

beak7707
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
The HD are supposed to be great XC tires, and alot of people are running them and really like them. If you are used to razrs the Irazrs are the best of both worlds. they are a mix of the razr and the razr2, they slide good like the razrs and the hook up great likle the razr2's.

FasstMidnightZ
11-29-2004, 02:25 PM
i-razrs is the way 2 go i think

holeshot19
11-29-2004, 05:47 PM
extreme wear i and expensive unless u have a sponsor hookup i looked a the rears and they are very soft:blah:

Rootar
11-30-2004, 05:53 PM
get razr2s they have narly tread compared to anything and ive heard of the HDs weeearing down just like the rest of the holeshots get razr2s they slide good as long as you dont over doit to much and the hook up in mud and especailly ruts is amazings just look at the side lugs on them they are definetlly the narlyest xc rear tire IMO and they last quite awhile ive had mine for 7 months and rode everything on them and they still look new and im sure my 400 is plenty hard on tires trust me get razr2s and if your wondering the HDs weigh the same as the razr2s and the i razr prolly weighs nothing compared to them

TC426EX
12-01-2004, 10:17 AM
If Im not mistaken, the I-Razrs are not even in the same tire class as the Holeshot H-D. The maxxis tire that compares to the Holeshot H-d is the Razr II. I thought the I-Razr was more of a Radial type tire that is similar to what the 400ex comes with stock... I personally swear by the Razr II for woods riding, definitely the sickest tire Ive ever ridden for trails. On the other hand, Harlen and others swear by the Holeshot H-D... All I can tell you is that your choice shouldnt be between the Irazr and the HD, it should be between the Razr II and the HD. I have ridden both tires and like the Razr II better, but thats my opinion. I dont know the wear characteristics of the HD since I dont own them, but I can tell you the Razr II is tough as nails, and has lasted me a couple seasons now with minimal wear...

bradley300
12-01-2004, 10:26 AM
in wet hardpack the holeshots are the best out i think. the razr's do well everywhere but that, and so do the holeshots. the i razrs wear out extremely quick. the front razr 2's are the best turning tire i have ridden on

240GNCC400
12-06-2004, 05:25 PM
the h-d's tend to wear fairly quick. if its just for trail riding i wouldnt get them. they hook up good though and the sidewall is strong enough that you can finish the race on a flat if you need to without much loss. (probably lose more time changing the tire than running it flat.) as far as the 22" size, in almost all situations the 20" is better

Les Davis
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm running the Razor'2 and there the best woods/rough terrain tire I've ever had. They hook up nice and slide well on hard pack much to my amazement and I think it's got a much tougher side wall and less flex in it than the original Razor's. They also performed well at the track when I ended up with a flat on my other tires.