View Full Version : more fender for my 400

Rootar
11-29-2004, 09:31 AM
after riding at shiloh ridge (they recived 10 inches of rain the same week we went) for the weekend i decided im gonna make sum kinda fender. prolly that that goes from my front fenders and attaches down to my nerfs, like full fendrs kinda like a utility. as for the back i want to bring the fender on down to my nerf backs as well. im probally gonna use this gray rubber type stuff (hard but can bend it) it is rough on one side like the smooth part on a renthal grip and on the other side its diamond tread i wondering if anyone has ideas on how to attach it i can just zip tie it to my nerfs but how should i fix it to my fenders im gonna make the front fenders wider also so i dont really wanna drill hole all thrught my plastics so does anyone have any ideas im tried of having to spend 30 minutes sooting up to go ride just to get cover in mud, water, etc.. this should also help with wheelies because the front is gonna be catching os serious wind when i get done.

btw this is just for around my house and when it gets really muddy, im gonna be able to take it off when i go out jumping and out to the track this is stickly for trail and mud use

Bush0102
11-29-2004, 10:49 AM
sounds like a really good idea! Post some pics when you finish...

Rootar
11-29-2004, 12:14 PM
im not saying this is gonna look just overly good but im gonna try and make it look ok im gonna try and work this out tonight or atleast get a better idea i just want to beable to hop on and ride with out worrying about getting covered in water or mud every time

big_poppa49
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Ha, i've often wanted to widen my fenders too b/c I ride on a farm which = cow $hit. I'd much rather have mud sling on me than cow poop, just makes me want to puke....http://mindscraps.com/s/cwm/3dlil/puke.gif

Demoniac
11-29-2004, 06:44 PM
duct tape, or something like velcrow, that might work, but you'd need a lot of it to keep the fenders on when you go fast, but if your in thick mud then you might not need to worry about going too fast.

Rootar
11-30-2004, 07:06 AM
i think i have it figured out i can drill about 4 sets of 2 small holes in my front plastic and then use zip ties trhough teh little holes along with zip tieing them to the nerfs at the bottom that should hold it no problems and i would be able to take them off really easy and the small holes wouldnt really be noticeable when i took them off

Scro
11-30-2004, 08:38 AM
I know i saw somewhere on here where there was an aftermarket piece that screwed on the the plastics...they stuck out about another 3 inches and were black...but i cant find them on here???:confused:

Rootar
11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
really if anyone knows of these id like to see some pics please

02Yellow400
11-30-2004, 08:42 PM
i say the best way would be to copy bombardiers fenders off there sport quad. Make a bracket off the a-arm or somehwere down there and plastice the covers the desired portion of tire

buster369
11-30-2004, 10:32 PM
if ur afraid to get wet and muddy then get a 4x4 they keep u clean.

Rootar
12-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by buster369
if ur afraid to get wet and muddy then get a 4x4 they keep u clean.

i dont want a 4x4 i want to beable to get on my 4wheeler when i get home and go ride in my school clothes and still be able to come back in the house right now if i go ride i cant come back in the house with out taking off my riding clothes which is a pain and its getting pretty damn cold here and i dont really want freezing water being thrown right at my face while im riding because these razr2s throw everything right at my face i should finish my front fenders up today and try to get pics by this weekend hopefully

Destructo
12-01-2004, 09:28 AM
How about using those plastic rivots like the factory uses to attach some of the plastics to other plastics? Like on our 99 Fourtrax 300 it has fender extensions on the sides that are attached with those re-usable plastic rivots and can be removed and re-attached easily.

foster
12-01-2004, 08:07 PM
GET A PEDEL BIKE SISSY