PDA

View Full Version : Mass riding

STooK02780
11-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Ok i just went through 25 pages of Where to ride forum reading all the mass posts, anyone still riding in these areas, as i have not seen any recent posts... Wrentham, Franklin, etc. etc.

I live in taunton and have a few spots around here but they are getting old. I'm down to ride any day this week.

rollie
11-28-2004, 07:35 PM
i see you have a raptor...your best bet is probally put some nerfs and a killswitch on it and race NEATV-MX...thats what i did and its awsome...also middleboro holds some pratice events and you can also ride at uxbridge:)

STooK02780
11-28-2004, 07:49 PM
yea i went to the race in middleboro on the 7th to watch. I want to get into racing for next year, but I need places to practice in the mean time, and just to blast around.

I went riding today with some friends in middleboro sand pits off the highway, then showed them a few other spots in taunton, but they are gettin old.

My girl rides an 03 blaster

rollie
11-29-2004, 12:58 PM
i raced middleboro...i was #51 on a red 300ex with elkas cut fenders blah blah...i took fourth overall but id get out on the track if i where you...your wife can even ride the womens class:D

sam the brave
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
do u know where jim ***en lives (ure towns state rep)
well there is a good amount of riding next to his house
his kids ride and they are out there alot

f a gan boys (james,matt,kevin,pat,dan,mike)
most of them ride every weekend

i ride with them alot because they are family

STooK02780
11-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
i raced middleboro...i was #51 on a red 300ex with elkas cut fenders blah blah...i took fourth overall but id get out on the track if i where you...your wife can even ride the womens class:D

no wife for me lol ... i'm only 21. Yea she wants to race to. She was laughing at the lady on the kfx700 getting smoked by everyone

ok i had to look up the state reps name, because i didn't know if you "*" it on purpose, but now i see its f a g an. But no i don't know where they live

sam the brave
11-30-2004, 02:08 PM
the pit by his house is on davis st

STooK02780
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
cool thanks i'll have to check it out. my gf knows about that pit, her ex bf lives on that street.

sam the brave
11-30-2004, 03:31 PM
just stay off there grass and they wount mide there are alot of people who ride there

sam the brave
11-30-2004, 03:36 PM
the site *ed out his name cuz the first three letters say f a g
it is not to big but there are trails that lead off into the woods and stuff to other places

STooK02780
12-12-2004, 09:13 AM
any one got a spot for me to ride today?

300exHILLER
12-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Not many spots to ride around here, you have travel.

BTW how come you have 2 nice honda cars but have a yammy quad?:mad:

STooK02780
12-14-2004, 07:08 AM
well i decided to get a quad after seeing my friends z400. I went with the 03' Blaster as my first for the price and looks. I grew out of that and gave it to my girl, and just naturally went to the 660. This was around the time the 450 came out, but litte did i know it was gonna be much better. I was the first in my group to get a raptor so i guess its good for everyone to ride something different.

We have 4 blasters, 2 banshees, 250ex, 300ex, 2 z400s, 440ex, yfz450, 2 Raptors, and occasionally my brother rides along on his 750EX, but its not too jump friendly with the fuel cell.

heres a video of it in action, just right-click save as
750EX (http://www.vtecho.com/750ex.mpg)

STooK02780
12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
anyone wanna ride tomorrow? #774-406-6315

Tantal
12-18-2004, 08:33 PM
im hitting up one of the local pits tomorrow (im in sutton), its a pretty sick spot. lots of sand, huge hills, high speed "fire roads", etc.

i also have a small track in my backyard, a few jumps, etc.

im always up for riding.

2000ex
12-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Tantal,

Where is this pit in Sutton? I am looking for a sopt to ride today

rollie
12-19-2004, 07:26 AM
if anyone lives near wrentham theres a pit there called simmies me and atkins450 and FTR250rnif might be there around 3-330

if you go to wrenthal village before the outlets there will be a side road with a white building on it and a rock out front....go down the road and you'll see a cemitery...keep following the road areont the right hand corner....DO NOT turn into the concerte plant the entracne to the pit is on the right....then ride haha:)

Tantal
12-19-2004, 07:30 AM
the pit is on the sutton/millbury line. its one of the sickest places ive ever rode.

i ride from my house to the pit, its like a 20/30 minute ride on the trails and hightensions.

STooK02780
12-19-2004, 08:35 AM
nacsracer..... using globexplorer.com, can u post a pic of the pit. i'm having trouble finding it from the satelite pics

Tantal
12-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Here are a few pics of my small "track", nothing special but after completion it should be really nice. As you can tell by the pics, some of the piles haven't been formed yet. I'm getting another 20 yards and using a friends SSL to "finalize" everything, hopefully within the next few weeks. Then after that is "finished" I will be starting phase 2 which is located in the back of this area.

I don't know how to post pics so here's the direct link...
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2133815974

Matty24s
12-22-2004, 04:19 PM
what town is that track in?

12-22-2004, 04:33 PM
How far away is Sutton from North Attleboro.

Tantal
12-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Typo in my first post on page one* I'm live in Grafton (right next to Sutton) and the pit is in Sutton.

Attleboro is about 45 minutes from me.

Atkins450, I do some freestyle too, nothing special just the common stuff - no hander landers, nac-nacs, can-cans, no footers, etc.;

I ride almost everyday, or try to at least.

BTW, here's some info on my "track" that I posted on another forum...

"Currently, I am working on finishing "phase 1". Which includes forming all new dirt. Pic #3 (#567890) is a un-finished 30 ft. TT; L, W, & H will all be increased; also, note in the background, three piles, that'll be formed into a berm. Pic #2 (#1221121212) is a 20 ft. double in the works (the gap now is only at 14 ft.). Pic #4 (#222), not sure what I want to do here - maybe a rhythm section (6 pack maybe?), obviously more dirt will be needed. Pic #5, these two 6 yard loads are going to be formed into a small berm. Pic #1 is a small double, just going to re-form the jump and landing - maybe put a whoops section in its place."

rollie
12-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Tantal
Typo in my first post on page one* I'm live in Grafton (right next to Sutton) and the pit is in Sutton.

Attleboro is about 45 minutes from me.

Atkins450, I do some freestyle too, nothing special just the common stuff - no hander landers, nac-nacs, can-cans, no footers, etc.;

I ride almost everyday, or try to at least.

BTW, here's some info on my "track" that I posted on another forum...

"Currently, I am working on finishing "phase 1". Which includes forming all new dirt. Pic #3 (#567890) is a un-finished 30 ft. TT; L, W, & H will all be increased; also, note in the background, three piles, that'll be formed into a berm. Pic #2 (#1221121212) is a 20 ft. double in the works (the gap now is only at 14 ft.). Pic #4 (#222), not sure what I want to do here - maybe a rhythm section (6 pack maybe?), obviously more dirt will be needed. Pic #5, these two 6 yard loads are going to be formed into a small berm. Pic #1 is a small double, just going to re-form the jump and landing - maybe put a whoops section in its place."

if i give ya a couple buck or whatever can i ride there!?:eek:

Tantal
12-22-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
if i give ya a couple buck or whatever can i ride there!?:eek:

You don't have to pay nothing - let's ride bro.

This Sunday I have a few buddies coming over my place (if the weather works in our favor, so far it looks cold but decent), we're gonna hit up my track for a quick session/warm up then we plan on setting out and hitting up "the pit" - should be sick, I plan on bringing my new digital cam.

The more the better, if anyone is interested in joining in drop me a PM or catch me on AIM (DWYCDNMD) for details.

Matty24s
12-26-2004, 06:41 PM
cool I live on the millbury/ auburn line I will have to check this place out in the spring!!

STooK02780
12-27-2004, 07:15 PM
i'm off to florida for the week 12/28 to jan 5 so probably won't have net access, but when im back ready to ride whenever. helping my bro move his stuff down.

Tantal
12-29-2004, 03:43 PM
It's suppose to be nice out Saturday and Sunday. If so, we'll be hitting up my place then the pit.

Also, I did some "scouting" last week and checked out this other spot that I've been looking at - it looks really promising.

:macho

YFZ439
12-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I was just getting ready to screw in the ice screws for the winter but i could be up for a ride Sunday if it's somewhat nice out:D

Tantal
01-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Leaving to go to the spot in about 45 mins.

Tomorrow... It's suppose to be nice tomorrow too, if anyone is up for some riding tomorrow or anytime next week let me know.

Night Rider
01-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Any One Ever Ride The Train Tracks??? That WideOpen For Miles And Soo Many Trails Leading Off You Get Anywhere In MASS From Tracks Fom N.B. to Like Springfeild

Tantal
01-10-2005, 05:25 PM
I take the tracks to a few pits in my area - pretty gnarly whoops (like 200 ft. long) section next on one set of them.

MY450R
01-11-2005, 09:34 AM
im up for a ride with you guys
i live near pittsfield (actually in cheshire) and i want to go ride a few different places
if you all came down here i think you'd be pleasantly surprised
pm me or something and we'll set a date

Tantal
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm free to ride anytime. Short notice - whatever, I'm ready.

rider250ex
01-12-2005, 09:15 AM
anyone ride in teh northeastern part of mass. like around dracut and methuen? i only have 2 ppl to ride with now so we are looking for more people to come out. just have to not care about running from the cops

AlbaKFX
01-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I live in New Bedford, and ride in a little spot in Westport MA, and in the Freetown state forest, in the little sand pit thats right in the middle (nobody ever goes, but its a fun little place)

I ride with 2 other people, and it does get kind of boring. It would be cool to get together with a bunch of people and go on a long days ride.

When it gets warmer/less wet out, we'll be traveling all over to look for some nice new paths to explore. Pittsfeild isnt far from here, i'm sure we could call a little road trip and cart the bikes down there and see what kind of paths are there.

We were planning on going to October Mountain too, but thats going to require giving up 600+ worth of sales tax since we bought our new bikes in NJ.

Tantal
01-14-2005, 04:24 PM
THE SNOW HAS FINALLY MELTED!

We're hitting up my place then the pit tomorrow & Sunday - if anybody wants to join, let me know via replying here, PM, or my AIM (DWYCDNMD).

:devil:

bpitas
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
do u know where jim ***en lives (ure towns state rep)
well there is a good amount of riding next to his house
his kids ride and they are out there alot

f a gan boys (james,matt,kevin,pat,dan,mike)
most of them ride every weekend

i ride with them alot because they are family

Hi Guys,

I hope some of you are subscribed to this thread so you see my post, since it looks like this thread has been dead since last summer!

Just getting involved in the whole ATV scene... Got 3 ATVs for the kids for Xmas and a Predator for myself last week, so I've been riding around a bit in Taunton too. My house connects to the trail system that F_a_g_a_n's house does, so that's actually the only place I've been riding in Taunton so far. We live right next to the gravel banks, and you can get to a cool valley up north of that in the woods. I know there's some more good riding out behind the elementary school on North Walker street (lots of milage off of Glebe street, which looks like it used to be a road but is now just a dirt trail) but really don't know where else to ride.

One of you guys from the Taunton area should come down to the gravel pits sometime and we'll see where we can get from there. I'm positive there is some good riding off of the golf course, but I haven't found the exact trail to get there without riding on the road too much (everything's overgrown) but I'll work on it some more this weekend. :-)

Here's a link to an aireal photo of the area just north of the golf course. Looks like somebody created a nice little play area, but I haven't been there in person yet. (and these photos are usually old): TerraServer photo (http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=19&X=1619&Y=23206&W=3)

You can see the gravel pits and Fa_gan's house towards the bottom right, and the playground I'm trying to get to right north of the golf course. You can also sorta see the area north of the gravel banks where we found some good hills and valleys...

Anyway, if someone's out in the gravel banks, PM me first and let me know you're going, and I'll meet you out there. (I just might have 3 kids in tow)

-B

STooK02780
01-22-2005, 08:48 PM
this thread is far from dead and only started in nov 04' not last summer.

if you wanna hook up and ride let me know. i can show you a few spots in taunton

bpitas
01-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Sweet,

Although with the snow we just got, we ain't going nowhere for a week or two. :-)

I'll ping you when the snow melts down enough to take the bikes out.

-B

STooK02780
01-23-2005, 02:29 PM
well actually i just got back from riding. i called the police, and they said with the road conditions as is, that i could ride legally on the streets. That worked out perfect for me, because my truck is snowed in. Anything other then that though, you won't move in though.

bpitas
01-23-2005, 03:56 PM
That's funny, because I just got back from picking up some kids in the Tahoe, and then we were going to head out on the road too. I'm surprised the popo said you could ride though. I think my wife saw you earlier, and she saw you headed towards another 4 wheeler - the Taunton Police ATV!
She said there were a few snowmobiles out there on 140 too, and I actually saw some dumbass sliding all over the place on a dirt bike. It's really not that slippery at all with a 4x4 though - surprised they said it was OK for ATVs!

-B

STooK02780
01-24-2005, 06:46 AM
nope i had no problems at all. i saw atleast 6 other atvs on the road aswell.

seann
01-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Does anyone know how to get to this place in Sutton? What road is it on, is there a place to park?

Thanks

Tantal
01-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by seann
Does anyone know how to get to this place in Sutton? What road is it on, is there a place to park?

Thanks

No place to park, gotta ride trails/tracks/hightensions to get there. The spot is only ridable during the weekends due to the fact that it's a place of business during the weekdays. LE doesn't patrol it as much as they used to - when they do show we just hit the trails then go back. It's probably one of the best "natural" spots in our area - you have to see it to believe it.

bpitas
01-28-2005, 01:44 PM
What town do you pick up the powerlines from? I haven't managed to make it out to powerlines yet, but I can pick some up in South Attleboro that I think go fairly far...

-B

Tantal
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
From my place to the Grafton/Uxbridge line, then it's about a 20/30 minute ride... trails, tracks, hightensions, trails, cross street, trails, tracks, you're there. It's actually a really fun ride and it's even better when you get to the spot in question.

Tantal
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Upton not Uxbridge*********

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
theres a bunch of trails off 44 heading to plymouth/carver. theres some powerlines there as well. never been there though so dont know the situation with it

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 07:26 PM
holy $$$$$$$$$$ look at carver with satelite/aerial photos... so much potential riding areas!!!

Tantal
01-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Here's a pic of the pit. I may note that it's bigger now (pic was taken in 95). :D

Edit: was having probs posting the pics from the host... (note below)

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 08:00 PM
along the blue is rt 44.

along the yellow is one long trail. and this is zoomed out to city view. where they connect is where the powerlines are however i think they go north while the trail goes northwest.

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
along the red is where rt 58 carver is. also known as main st.
the blue is 44 where it ends.

the power lines are west from this location if you want to see the above trail in a closer view

Interesting fact: the bottom of this pic, towards the middle, on the right of the globexpolrer copyright is the MX Track, www.capewayrovers.com

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 09:45 PM
damn now i'm doing some crazy searching... this place looks interesting. wonder how it is now. For closeups lookup, Main st , Dighton, MA

The roads are in blue and the yellow is all dirt roads/trails i guess. I wish i could check this place out without the snow.

STooK02780
01-28-2005, 09:47 PM
and the road map of above:

321racer
01-29-2005, 03:36 AM
i live in acushnet mass and theres some good spots to ride around my house. theres a nice pit right down the street from me.
if you wanna ride there just pm me and ill give you directions.

Tantal
01-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Okay, let's try that again...

Tantal
01-29-2005, 06:31 AM
And...

Night Rider
01-30-2005, 07:30 AM
I Am Also From Acushnet And There Are Some OK Places Too Ride Nothing Tooo Exiting

321racer
01-30-2005, 09:26 AM
where in acushnet do you live?
maybe we can go riding sometime

Night Rider
01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I Live Near Rochester I Probably Know Who You Are Whats Your Name?

Night Rider
01-30-2005, 12:04 PM
My Regular Night Time Ride

Its About 16 Miles From Berkley To North Darthmouth On Train Tracks, The Airport, And Some Hightensions.

321racer
01-30-2005, 01:27 PM
my names andy reale
i live near whites
you?

bpitas
01-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Wow, I followed that long trail on terraserver-usa.com, and it looks incredibly long... What happens when you hit the river? Also, where do you park? Looks pretty residential near the start of the trail (up near Rt104?)
Do you pick it up all the way up in Easton or something?

-B

Originally posted by STooK02780
along the blue is rt 44.

along the yellow is one long trail. and this is zoomed out to city view. where they connect is where the powerlines are however i think they go north while the trail goes northwest.

STooK02780
01-31-2005, 08:19 AM
i've seen the trail start off rt 44. never rode it though

bpitas
01-31-2005, 09:44 AM
We have to go hit that sometime this spring then. Looks like you can go forever, although there are a couple of points that cross major roads that it's not clear how you would get across...
I'm sure previous generations of dirtbike riders figured out how to get across though!

-B

STooK02780
02-14-2005, 01:00 PM
hows the riding goin guys? i rode with a 2 man crew yesterday we filmed some snow footage for an upcoming DVD. We need some new locations so if anyone wants to ride tomorrow we're all set to go

bpitas
02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Where'd you go?
I was out at the gravel bank near f_a_g_a_n's twice yesterday - both times with the kids, and both times spending 90% of my time getting quads un-stuck. :-D

The first time we were out there, one of the neighborhood kids who just got a yellow honda (looked like a 300ex with different plastics) was out there. The second time a dad (frank?) and his kids were out there riding on top in the woods where the snow was mostly gone.

I think he said some other people were out there too, but he said they got sick of getting stuck and took off.

I'm thinking tomorrow and Wednesday should be awesome for riding, since it's supposed to get close to 50+ degrees tomorrow!

Where were you taping?

-B

STooK02780
02-15-2005, 08:33 AM
The spot off railroad ave. Behind TMLP. The snow was still fresh over there because no one rode over there. The other pit on the other end was way too muddy from everyone riding over there.

bpitas
02-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Cool. How'd you get there?
I wonder if there's a way to get there by crossing 44 near Curlies or something...

http://home.comcast.net/~bpitas/images/tmlp_banks.jpg

-B

Tantal
02-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm out of state until mid-March. When I get back, If anyone wants to hit up our pit (pics posted on page 4) or my track, let me know.

bpitas
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Went out to the F_a_g_a_n pits this afternoon with the kids, and man what a mess. The whole sandy part was under about 6" of water, and where the snow was deep at all, it was ridiculously easy to get stuck. Then again the stock tires on the Predator absolutely suck in the snow and mud... My 4 year old had a blast up on the hill with his 50cc though. That thing just needs another few HP so it doesn't get stuck so much.

-B

STooK02780
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
heres what we filmed:

www.vtecho.com/snowsm.wmv

bpitas
02-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Cool vid - thanks for posting it!

-B

STooK02780
02-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by STooK02780
The spot off railroad ave. Behind TMLP. The snow was still fresh over there because no one rode over there. The other pit on the other end was way too muddy from everyone riding over there.

most guys park at the end of railroad ave.

STooK02780
03-24-2005, 06:59 PM
back to the top.

Anyone have access to a bobcat or anything?
We have a fairly decent area that we wanna build on.

bpitas
03-25-2005, 05:23 AM
My dad's a general contractor, so he's got tons of equipment, but it's all huge and would require a flatbed to get anyplace. I keep trying to get him to buy a Bobcat, but I don't think he's done it yet. I'll double check though...

-B

kilabeez0
04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
aren't there alot of places to ride in taunton? someone gimme directions to some new pits!!!!

KILLER EX
04-05-2005, 07:14 PM
me and my bud can come riding with you guys saturday if you are going give me some dirictions and a time to meet

kilabeez0
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
99 ferrari f50???? are u serious?

KILLER EX
04-05-2005, 07:51 PM
na it was an old joke i put up to see how long it would take for someone to notice it .it took over a year. thanks for remining me i will remove it now

bpitas
04-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Actually I noticed it too, but I was reading the forum on my blackberry, which won't le t me respond easily, so I didn't bother. :-)

So which pits DO you know about? I'm assuming you've been down near f_a_g_a_n's near the golf course? (or off of Anawan street if you're coming from my house)

-B

STooK02780
04-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I know a melanie butler on anawan st

bpitas
04-11-2005, 08:50 AM
Doesn't ring a bell, but I barely know my next-door neighbors. Having 4 kids, 4 quads, and a noisy-as_s'd street bike means most of my neighbors hate me. :-)

-B

STooK02780
04-11-2005, 08:51 AM
shes about 18-19
have u checked out the riding area in the weir yet?

bpitas
04-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Nah, haven't been riding much because my battery was dead on the Predator. Just got a new one Saturday, so went for a good ride yesterday out at the valley behind Fa_gan's, but had the wife and kids with me so couldn't ride hard. One of these weekends I'm going to have to jump on the tracks and explore, but unfortunately my wife works a double on Saturdays, so I've got the kids myself all day which means no riding except for behind Fa_gan's. I gotta buy a trailer, too, so I can head to Wrentham State Park and other places I'm not going to get to without hitting the asphalt.

Hey, check it out - last week someone shot through my step-daughters window with a bb gun, and then yesterday in broad daylight I'm at the Country Pump filling up jugs for the quads and someone pegged the back of my car with a paintball gun! What the hell is up with Taunton lately? Starting to feel like a duck in a shooting gallery! If I ever catch the punks with the pb gun they are going to be sorry... I couldn't really see who did it (cuz they shot just as I was getting into the car, so I couldn't turn around fast) but I'm pretty sure it was a white fullsize (Lincoln?) with a black landau roof. I couldn't chase em either, because I had full jugs of gas in the back of the car and didn't want them tipping over and spilling gas all over the place. :-(

I know alot of guys play paintball out by the valley, so maybe I'll meet em on the quad some day...

-B

KILLER EX
04-22-2005, 09:06 PM
me and my buds are hitting sanford satrurday killer riding there

bpitas
04-22-2005, 09:29 PM
Where's that?

KILLER EX
04-23-2005, 04:03 AM
maine

kilabeez0
04-23-2005, 05:59 PM
didn't it rain up there today? if u say it's that good up there i'll make the trip next week as long as its nice. the dayton sand pits are the best riding i've ever experienced so far, so it'll be hard to top that.

KEVIN132
04-24-2005, 05:59 AM
if you own the land or have permission to go on it or alter it . i have a friend who has one and i also would halp rent one there n ot alot to rent and they will deliver it to your lot. let me know and guys the ep watches this sight so i would stop putting maps etc up !