PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Proposed changes GNCC

Pappy
11-28-2004, 06:33 PM
There might be a few changes for 05 that were discussed after the banquet....

Pro Riders:

new entry fee $100

maximum 4 gallon fuel tank

possible radio system between rider and 1 pit member, however the radios will be supplied by RP only

the creation of technical obstacles to enhance the fans ability to view more of the riders abilities

AM riders:

only one 2 stroke class for next season is on the agenda

Youth riders:

5 confirmed races, 8 am start time ...45 minute races

these were just some of the highlights discussed and proposed

Badger_Skid
11-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Radios have been talked about in the past, motocross as well as the supercross bike guys have asked for radios for years. AMA decided that not everyone could afford them and second there might be frequency problems with so many riders riding at the same time.

It's a very interesting thought though, one question, why just one member of the team? Would it make sense to let everyone hear? Maybe only one guy talking to the rider would be a good idea, teams could make up their own rules.

If you gave me a radio to talk through while I was riding all you would hear would be little girl screams and someone talking to themselves the whole race. Also, the sound of someone trying like crazy to catch their breath. You could throw in in a "This is going to hurt!!!!!" every once in a while too.

You might get better race action out of me from a 1-900 number.....

240GNCC400
11-28-2004, 07:57 PM
"the creation of technical obstacles to enhance the fans ability to view more of the riders abilities"

??????????

you mean they might have us go through mud, ride up hills, go through deep ruts, go over rocks and logs, and ride through motocross courses? funny, thought we already did that.

just gotta get out of the parking lot if you want to see the riders abilities

popo
11-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by 240GNCC400
"the creation of technical obstacles to enhance the fans ability to view more of the riders abilities"

??????????

you mean they might have us go through mud, ride up hills, go through deep ruts, go over rocks and logs, and ride through motocross courses? funny, thought we already did that.

just gotta get out of the parking lot if you want to see the riders abilities

Amen to this post.

popo
11-29-2004, 06:05 AM
To add:

Pro riders will receive demerits for crappy looking pit areas. "Get 5 your out of pro row"

Race footage DVD/VHS will be sold in a 3-race package deal. You get the first 3 races to watch instead of waiting till year end, than get another set of 3 etc etc etc to watch until you have the whole race series.

I mentioned wanting on line registration back. R/P will investigate.

102-decibel sound limit. Will be strictly enforced.

Generator noise at nighttime will be enforced.

A request to have registration open earlier was suggested.

Womens class to start independant of other classes.

Do not show up Wednesday and expect to get in the pit area. Gates open at 9:00 A.M. Friday.

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by popo
Amen to this post.

Actually this in not a bad idea to pull more spectators and let any future series sponsors get a place to watch the race from besides the woods. I think they are only looking to add areas like this to tracks such as the Ironman that does not have a high speed field section or MX track nearby that a spectator could listen the PA system and still witness some technical racing.

I am all in favor of the 360 loop option lane... As long as they have a safety net..:huh

Johnson
11-29-2004, 07:48 AM
So does that mean the 400ex fuel tanks won't work because they are 4.3 gal?

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 07:52 AM
The 4 gallon rules is for PRO only.

crayfz
11-29-2004, 07:57 AM
I am all in favor of the 360 loop option lane... As long as they have a safety net..:huh [/B][/QUOTE]

What is this?

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 08:05 AM
It is just an idea of a man made obstacle. Basically a roller coaster type loop...:eek2:

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Badger_Skid

If you gave me a radio to talk through while I was riding all you would hear would be little girl screams and someone talking to themselves the whole race. Also, the sound of someone trying like crazy to catch their breath. You could throw in in a "This is going to hurt!!!!!" every once in a while too.

You might get better race action out of me from a 1-900 number.....

Man, I am still laughing. I know exactly where you come from. They would NEVER be allowed to carry my conversations on the air. The FCC would shut me down! lol

crayfz
11-29-2004, 08:09 AM
I wish I could have stayed for the meeting.
Anything come of the pro's moving down and running age classes? I know there was some complaints on that.

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
It is just an idea of a man made obstacle. Basically a roller coaster type loop...:eek2:

That's not a bad idea. Heck, if ATV Fury can do it then pros should be able to!! :blah:

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Who is moving?

How is it fair for a younger rider to come up and race the older pro's if an older pro cannot go to age classes without getting slack?:confused:

Johnson
11-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Is alot of people going to have to ride with the stock pipe on to get down to 102? I hope they have a better way of testing it than last year had.

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 08:21 AM
I hope the sound inspection is realistic and standerized. It would suck to drive 5- 15 hours and then have to switch pipes!

crayfz
11-29-2004, 08:21 AM
I saw a petition going around.
I agree with you, if they are of age and faster then you, you better train alittle harder.

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Dave,

PM me and give me the low-down...

Rick

KILLAQuad
11-29-2004, 08:25 AM
So are they gonna put 1/4 mile Hill Shoots with a whoops section in the middle........ is that what you mean...

Y not put the Ski Jump in as well... you could have everyone gain Championship points by doing tricks off them and throw style points in as well.....:huh

OK NE way.....;)

465Stroker
11-29-2004, 08:27 AM
I was only kidding about the loop de loop..

What would be nice would be a set of whoops, landmines, etc..

KILLAQuad
11-29-2004, 08:29 AM
:D :D

Ill start watching and go race MX.....:eek2: :D

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 08:38 AM
I was only kidding about the loop de loop..

What would be nice would be a set of whoops, landmines, etc..

The landmines might be a sound issue. Nothing louder than the exhausts you know.

Now shooting over the riders heads with a shot gun, that would add a thrill! Then the spectators could get involved. :eek:

KILLAQuad
11-29-2004, 08:44 AM
I think the sound thing is still a little Crazy.... i say if it has packing in it and it is made by a Notable company (not home made) then let it be... or get the Exhaust companies to start making them stright from their hands at 100db.... hell my truck used to Knock 163.4 db and you could only hear that for a couple miles.... with the windows down....:D

Thats the best part of racing is the THUNDER roll you hear for about 2.5 hrs ...... its AWESOME........:eek2: :D :macho

Now the shoot gun blast i dunno.... maybe if you start a bottle neck you get Tasered with 10K volts.... for every 5 mins you are there....:devil:

woodsracer420
11-29-2004, 11:27 AM
The addition of techinical obstacles might not be such a bad idea. You must admit its extremely boring for someone to watch GNCC racing, unless they have race it before and know what its like. Even when the races where on TV all my friends and family all thought it was boring and easy looking, i know its not easy at all but theres nothing really difficult about the races, other than there extremley long and whooped out. Ive been racing for about 5 years off & on and ive even seen a difference in the tracks between now and 5 years ago, there getting easier and faster. What ever happend to tracks like the blackwater? It just seems like you can be an average rider but as long as your conditioned you'll suceed. It should be the other way around, rider skill should shine more than conditioning, but as long as tracks are easy enough that my 3 year old little girl could complete on her power wheels, XC racing will never be as big as it should be!

4 gallon tank only? what exacty is that going to do? just make the pro riders pit more? are they wanting turn this into a nascar thing? long, easy, boring, fast tracks, and have the race decided in the pits, kinda sounds like nascar, it doesnt take any actual skill to win race? thats what i wanna see, the rider with the fastest "fill up" win a race

lshonda310
11-29-2004, 01:08 PM
the reason why the tracks are easier is to avoid bottlenecks, with the number of racers now a small bottleneck turns into a huge one that no one can get through, they are talking about adding 2 to 3 more miles of fresh track(and maybe more technical) to the afternoon race.

woodsracer420
11-29-2004, 01:20 PM
why not make the races and tracks shorter? say 6-8 miles, 1 1/2 - 2 hours long and run 3 programs insted of 2? im not sure if theres enough time for that though but you get the idea. i even heard they was talking about running the bikes and quads on seperate weekends.

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer420
i even heard they was talking about running the bikes and quads on seperate weekends.

Now that would be nice for everyone invloved. The quads wouldn't have to rush out Sat night. And the bikes could have more time to travel home late Sunday.

QuadRacer041
11-29-2004, 01:28 PM
isnt there only one 2 stroke class in the morning now anyway?2 stroke c right?

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
isnt there only one 2 stroke class in the morning now anyway?2 stroke c right?

4-Stroke Stock
2 Stroke C
4-Stroke C
Super Senior
Women
Utility Stock
Utility Modified
Utility Unlimited
First Year Racer

QuadRacer041
11-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by TheJaspMan
4-Stroke Stock
2 Stroke C
4-Stroke C
Super Senior
Women
Utility Stock
Utility Modified
Utility Unlimited
First Year Racer

i dont htink you understood my question.
in pappy's first post he said AM RACE: ONLY ONE 2 STROKE CLASS IS ON THE AGENDA.and im saying, there was only one 2 stroke class in the am session this year anyway.

TheJaspMan
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
i dont htink you understood my question.
in pappy's first post he said AM RACE: ONLY ONE 2 STROKE CLASS IS ON THE AGENDA.and im saying, there was only one 2 stroke class in the am session this year anyway.

You are correct, I miss understood your question. Sorry about that. Just trying to offer my take. But I was on the wrong page. :uhoh:

3rdtime
11-29-2004, 01:52 PM
I dont understand the whole idea behind adding a more "technical section" to the course so people can see better racing.. what will they see?? bottle necks... they make the trackes easier because of the number of people showing up so they wont have problems with bottle necks right.. RP takes out anything that gets to bad for poeple.

The first year at the WIsp they wouldnt let morning racers go up one of the slopes becaue of wet grass and they thought people would have trouble.. so take that section out..

Why not let the afternoon quads, run 3 hours like the bikes??

radios i think would be a good idea, hope to see it.

another thing why not switch womens class with the sport class?? let them race afternoon. same with teh stock class, move them to afternoon too.

QuadRacer041
11-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by TheJaspMan
You are correct, I miss understood your question. Sorry about that. Just trying to offer my take. But I was on the wrong page. :uhoh:

no problem man,:D

emj426
11-29-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 3rdtime
I dont understand the whole idea behind adding a more "technical section" to the course so people can see better racing.. what will they see?? bottle necks... they make the trackes easier because of the number of people showing up so they wont have problems with bottle necks right.. RP takes out anything that gets to bad for poeple.

The first year at the WIsp they wouldnt let morning racers go up one of the slopes becaue of wet grass and they thought people would have trouble.. so take that section out..

Why not let the afternoon quads, run 3 hours like the bikes??

radios i think would be a good idea, hope to see it.

another thing why not switch womens class with the sport class?? let them race afternoon. same with teh stock class, move them to afternoon too.

The sport class is getting moved to the morning race but the women are still staying in the morning also. I hope the women get to start without the Super Sr. in 2005.

emj426
11-29-2004, 04:26 PM
It was also brought up at the meeting that generators have to be shut off by 11:00.

Wizard Racing
11-29-2004, 04:40 PM
I think the stock class should move to the afternoon. Most of these guys are A riders. Just look back over the last couple of years and you will see the top dogs in the stock class all ran in the afternoon before they moved to the morning.

The women should stay in the morning.

The sport class should run in the mornings. It can't be alot of fun knowing that you traveled all that way just to be lapped.

Just my 2 cents.

xcyfz450
11-29-2004, 04:44 PM
the reason why the quads only run 2 hours instead of 3 hours like the bikes 3 hours would be entirely brutal on the quads thats why they stuck with 2 hours which some times can be bad enough

joedirt
11-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Not all generators have to be shut off. Just Coleman generators!
Anything over 102dbs outa here. No just the loud ones though.

popo
11-29-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by joedirt
Not all generators have to be shut off. Just Coleman generators!
Anything over 102dbs outa here. No just the loud ones though.

Is that 102 in N.C. or 109 in Tenn or 106 in Ohio with the same generator :p

burrows
11-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Well as far as the sound test on the quads they need to have a sound proof booth to make this work. I have seen to many louder than ours pass and the ones that even have brand new pipes cant even pass cause there is to much outside noise messing up the person that is being tested. Do it right or don't do it at all.

The sound from the generators. Are they going to go trailor to trailor with their little meter readers and check each trailor. I wish I had nothing to do but complain about someone keeping cool or warm. This is getting completely out of control. Keep it up and there might be alot not show up cause it is taking all the fun out of racing. To many nit picky rules will drop your attendence especially those that come to camp to be a spectator. Are they checking camping areas too. Come on guys and think about this one.

Just my 2cents. momma b

gump
11-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Wizard Racing
I think the stock class should move to the afternoon. Most of these guys are A riders. Just look back over the last couple of years and you will see the top dogs in the stock class all ran in the afternoon before they moved to the morning.

The women should stay in the morning.

The sport class should run in the mornings. It can't be alot of fun knowing that you traveled all that way just to be lapped.

Just my 2 cents. amen!!!!!!!!

12gofast
11-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by xcyfz450
the reason why the quads only run 2 hours instead of 3 hours like the bikes 3 hours would be entirely brutal on the quads thats why they stuck with 2 hours which some times can be bad enough

The biggest problem with 3hours vs. 2 hours is time constraints!
Racer Productions has to incorporate 3 races on Sat if there is a youth bike race. Plus they give a little more lead time in between AM and PM quads due to the fact of towing them out....bikes can be removed from the course much more easily.
Now they will have to try to run 4 RACES on Sat at some events with the youth quads....I think 3 hours would be awesome, it's just not logical.

I think Racer Productions is doing a fine job and we would't be having these huge turnouts if they didn't know what they were doing. They are on the right track with trying to add spectator sections that will demonstrate the technical abilities of the riders...we need fans and TV at these races and the only way to get those is to be more fan friendly and offer them something to see (that is what made blackwater famous....not the 20 miles of woods that ran through, but the major spectator obstacles like the Hwy 93 river crossing and the moon rocks that drew the huge crowds....it will be very good if they go forward with it!

And for everything else with generators, classes, etc....get your butts to the next riders meeting and voice your opinion...a couple of you guys were there amongst the 50 people who showed up, and you are the guys who care and help make a difference, but you need to get the majority of the racers there and 50 out of 1000 doesn't get it....my point is shut up and race!!:D let's have some fun in 2005!:blah:

bradley300
11-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by emj426
The sport class is getting moved to the morning race but the women are still staying in the morning also. I hope the women get to start without the Super Sr. in 2005.

was this made official at the banquet? the website has sport as a afternoon class still

emj426
11-30-2004, 07:03 AM
It was brought up in the meeting by the GNCC officials, and the changes have not been made on the website yet.

lshonda310
11-30-2004, 05:28 PM
heres how I think the classes should be:

morning race-

drop the 2-stroke class and let them run with the 4-strokes and just call it open c classes

move sport to the morning, especially if there will be extra technical obstacles in the afternoon, the class is for younger riders with beginner quads anyways

four stroke stock? if it gets any bigger they will have to split it some how

afternoon race-

if you run a 2-stroke you can run an age class, Pro-am or should be able to run in Open A or B no matter what size it is

now that the 265 A and B classes are gone there should be another A and B class added, not sure what to call them, maybe 450 A and B? there are going to be too many riders in each class to have a safe start, for example if you are a 16 to 24 year old B rider you only have two classes to choose from, were as if you rode a bike you have 5 classes to choose from, if there were more A and B classes it might help draw some of the riders out of the morning race to the afternoon that are actually A and B riders anyway

UbeenSmoked
11-30-2004, 05:35 PM
just wanting to know, im thinking of running the texas race and everything well im going to race b and was woundering wut all do need far as a AMA and a dis. card or ? and anything else that would be great first time running the GNCC

Matt

lshonda310
11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by UbeenSmoked
just wanting to know, im thinking of running the texas race and everything well im going to race b and was woundering wut all do need far as a AMA and a dis. card or ? and anything else that would be great first time running the GNCC

Matt

no district card needed, you can sign up for ATVA(or AMA your chose) at the race, if you are not there friday then get there early on Saturday to get signed up and get tech inspected, be sure your quad is not too loud, like make sure at least you have packing in your exhaust. and a working tether cord is mandantory

UbeenSmoked
11-30-2004, 05:45 PM
ok thanks thats all i needed to know, already have my AMA card so im ready

Matt

Rich250RRacer
11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
I started the petition that was passed around at the races, suggesting any rider who earns a number of 50 or better be required to run Pro, Pro-am, or any of the A classes. I seems to me and the 103 other riders who signed it that we should have a shot at some of the year-end rewards. Some people just want to buy the first place plaque and everything that comes with it. If you are fast enough to earn this number, then you know where you belong. Kawasaki put pro riders in various classes last year, Vet class being the prime example, to pad their results and put ads in magazines parading their finishes for all the world to see. It's legal cheating, cherry-picking or sand bagging.

yoshz400rider
11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
what kawi riders put anyone in these classes the only people i know that raced for Kawi was Mike Penland, Scott Kilby, Doug Henke and they all were in utility type classes not vet and why would they do that when they pull there support ne way I dont buy this people do sandbag but not kawi riders i dont think

Rich250RRacer
11-30-2004, 06:52 PM
The rider in the Vet class was number 18 in 2003, Bryan Hulsey.

yoshz400rider
11-30-2004, 07:46 PM
he didnt ride for Kawi this year though from what I hear next year he was suppose to ride for them not this year though

earlywineracing
11-30-2004, 07:55 PM
I think the testing of the exhaust should be done by the promoters at the facility where they are manufactured. Why put the consumer/racer on the spot after that comsumer/racer spent their money on that pipe and the money to get to the race. I think this is BS.

Now they lower the level from 104 to 102. Did anyone tell Super Trapp, GT Thunder, and all the other pipe makers? .................... ...........................no........

Also, how about changing the tracks alittle. They have gotten fast because they run the same courses over and over and over. All the obstacles that were there in the beginning are gone. DUH!
This is the reason alot of riders do not run the series anymore. Sure the numbers are growing, but are the races really satisfied?

Its not hard, just mark a different course!

The only way for spectators to see how a GNCC racer really rides is to get their butts into the woods. I thought thats what GNCC racing was, racing in the woods and natural terrain, not racing in the open over manmade whoops.

Maybe some people could be guides to lead people to the spots to watch. Then have someone riding 4x4 Mules, or Gators, come around with refreshments. God that sounds to good to be true.

This way everyone would be supervised, would not be wondering around not knowing where they are, be able to get a drink or bag of chips, and get to watch from a cool spot without getting in the way of the racers. Also, these spectators might even be at the nasty mudhole or hillclimb to help out.

Just a thought

yoshz400rider
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
i like the idea alot

rowlrag
11-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The rider in the Vet class was number 18 in 2003, Bryan Hulsey.
He was 18th in 2002, if he didn't race in 2003 by the GNCC rules there is no problem, even if he did race in 2003 and finished 18th there is still no problem because of his age. Anyway he raced all but 1 race this year, won 2 and finished 5th in points. I don't know him, but if anyone is old enough for VET than no one can tell them they can't run it. here's the rule:

Pro (ATV)
a. Top 10 overall riders from previous year's GNCC, unless eligible for an age class.
b. The following riders are eligible for, but not required to, race pro: Riders placing in the top 10 in the Pro and Pro Production classes in the previous year's GNCC; riders placing 11-25 overall the previous year; Top 10 GNC Pro Class riders from the previous year; or by promoter discretion. Production rules apply.

burrows
11-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Way to put it EarlyWineRacing. Dont forget about the generators though. We sometimes need them. Momma B

cknox88
11-30-2004, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by earlywineracing
[B]I think the testing of the exhaust should be done by the promoters at the facility where they are manufactured. Why put the consumer/racer on the spot after that comsumer/racer spent their money on that pipe and the money to get to the race. I think this is BS.

Now they lower the level from 104 to 102. Did anyone tell Super Trapp, GT Thunder, and all the other pipe makers? .................... ...........................no........

yea thats a good idea. they should put mabye like a little hour meter on the exaust some how and just require it to be repacked every so many hours.then they should just drop the decibels thing. they should just require that you use a factory tested pipe that registers under a certian decibel. then make you repack it every so many hours. that would eliminate sound testing. all the would have 2 do is check you meter at tech inspection.

just my opinion and i dont even race but i just tought it might be a good idea.

465Stroker
12-01-2004, 04:57 AM
I started the petition that was passed around at the races, suggesting any rider who earns a number of 50 or better be required to run Pro, Pro-am, or any of the A classes. I seems to me and the 103 other riders who signed it that we should have a shot at some of the year-end rewards. Some people just want to buy the first place plaque and everything that comes with it. If you are fast enough to earn this number, then you know where you belong. Kawasaki put pro riders in various classes last year, Vet class being the prime example, to pad their results and put ads in magazines parading their finishes for all the world to see. It's legal cheating, cherry-picking or sand bagging.

This idea of trying to control the people that can run the Age classes seems pretty lame to me. :rolleyes: Maybe everyone that signed that petition need to train more or take there racing more seriously than to start pointing finders at someone because of there skill level than there age. If Hulsey pulled a #18 in 2002 it was most likely on a full prepped 250R - A BIG change from the V-Force he ran this past year.. I would not call someone that wins 2 races during a given year sandbagging..:ermm:

Admin
12-01-2004, 06:29 AM
This idea of trying to control the people that can run the Age classes seems pretty lame to me. :rolleyes: Maybe everyone that signed that petition need to train more or take there racing more seriously than to start pointing finders at someone because of there skill level than there age. If Hulsey pulled a #18 in 2002 it was most likely on a full prepped 250R - A BIG change from the V-Force he ran this past year.. I would not call someone that wins 2 races during a given year sandbagging..:ermm:

This may come as a shock to some, but I AGREE with Rick 100%. Age classes are exactly what they are suppose to be and that is based on Age. Your riding level doesn't matter until their is enough riders in the class to split it into A & B Classes, which is the case for bike riders. If more riders signed up for the age classes, then Vet A & Vet B may be created in 2006, but it would take a large turnout in 2005.

Pappy
12-01-2004, 06:32 AM
can i apply this adage?

"it is easier to run your mouth then run a race":eek: :devil:

the system works....maybe they should add a crying class..lmao

TheJaspMan
12-01-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

the system works....maybe they should add a crying class..lmao

OK, but only if they break out actual criers from the whiners!

earlywineracing
12-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by burrows
Way to put it EarlyWineRacing. Dont forget about the generators though. We sometimes need them. Momma B

Now wait a damm minute. Are they saying no generators at night. OR NO LOUD generators at night.

If they think they can tell their customers that they have to shut down their generators at night they are mistaken. We have a Honda Hummer and it does not make hardly any noise. If they ask me to shut it down, I would most likely leave.

Camping and generator noise has always been apart of racing. GNCC, GNC, local races, it makes no difference.

Get out the decibal meter and lets compare generators.

Hey I heard of a new rule. No one can race that pulls a red enclosed trailer:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

(Sorry, I am such a smart*****):grr:

465Stroker
12-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Just loud generators is all.. ;)

Most RV & Quiet series generators is not the problem - It's the people with the industrial generators with the 100' extension cords and exhaust pointed in the opposite direction of there camsite (since the generator is too loud) that they are going to enforce..

TheJaspMan
12-01-2004, 07:57 AM
So my Coleman 3600 is out of the question? It's no louder than a Cannondale, and Earlywine said it's OK to put next to his camp site. :blah:

crayfz
12-01-2004, 08:37 AM
The competion from the fast riders should make the slower ones faster. Just keep up as long as you can.
Its not the fast guys fault, he is faster then you, it is your own from lack of training.
There may be guys that move down and challenge myself, I will either except they are faster, or get faster myself.

Johnny_G
12-01-2004, 04:29 PM

I very respectfully disagree with your reasoning. No one is entitled to year end awards, and if a rider meets the age requirements to enter Jr., Vet, or senior, then their skill level should have nothing to do with it. I can see where it may be necessary to have the age classes split into two divisions of "A" and "B", but I see no merit in banning pevios pro/pro-am riders from the age classes. In my opinion if Kim Kuhnle and Chad Duvall wanna run senior class in 2005 then that is their right, and if Matt Smiley, Jeff Stoess and Andy Lagzidins decide that all this "Pro" stuff is too stressfull than I think they should sign up for Vet class. Meanwhile Billy, William yokley, and myself will be waiting in the Junior class for 2 more years till we can Join up with Matt in the Vet class. So basically your Pro class for 2005 is gona be Borich, Cook, Brandon Ballance and the rest of the just past college age crew.

Ok so that was far fetched but I dont think anyone should ever be forced to race Pro.....its stressfull, and the speeds at times are downright scary.....the reason the age classes where created was to give the guys who are "old enough to know better" a place to race for fun without having to worry (AS BAD) about busting themselves up for work on monday, so it isn't fair to say....well you're old enough but you are too fast, so you gotta stay and race with those nutzo kids:eek2:

Ok off my soapbox now

P.S. I doubt you will see Duvall runnin senior class this year, but the Ballance in the Junior class thing is the real deal.....he says his old bones just can't take all teh abuse anymore:blah:

cdalejef
12-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Amen Johnny C!!!

CatMostFeared
12-01-2004, 04:52 PM
If you want to ride JR Vet and Senior suck it up and train harder.
This is my 1st year racing nationals so I should have ran 33+C
and smoked everyone in that class.But I ran Vet and finished 62 for the year.That means if I want to win I have to train harder or more to low class.So just going by the rules I didnt finish in the top 5 so I guess I could drop back to 35+C for this year,but I 'm going to stick it out train harder and kick some old *****.

I do agree with A and B class for age level:D

Wizard Racing
12-01-2004, 08:16 PM
CatMostFeared,

I realize your trying to make a point here, but you shouldn't put others down in the process.I didn't do a lot of research, and I realize the afternoon track is a little more difficult than the morning race, but your lap times do not back up the statement that you would have "smoked" everyone in the 33+ C class.

Please make your point without putting others down.

popo
12-01-2004, 09:45 PM
CatMostFeared,

I realize your trying to make a point here, but you shouldn't put others down in the process.I didn't do a lot of research, and I realize the afternoon track is a little more difficult than the morning race, but your lap times do not back up the statement that you would have "smoked" everyone in the 33+ C class.

Yea!!!!! you cat hater, cheese butt, course cutter, ramming everyone.

CatMostFeared
12-02-2004, 02:27 AM
CatMostFeared,

Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to put down others but I'm not
Maybe not smoked the class but I believe I would have won it.

Age classes are for ages not performance.

Wizard Racing
12-02-2004, 04:43 AM
I think you may have also, just didn't like the "smoked" part.

:grr:

See ya at the races !!!!!!

popo
12-02-2004, 06:36 AM

Aw come on that's the best you have. Be mad let him have it.

660bigdaddy
12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
i for one can see the point the guy is making. i'm 39 , married, 2 kids that keep me busy. i train,race and ride as much as my finances allow to. i have sold all my race equipment and am down to a bone stock 400ex and a pipe. so i am looking at running the 35+ C class. (boy that sounds weak)this year, but for me to run the afternoon with the vet class, and running a limited amount of races. it just doesn't make sence. what are my chances? very slim just to plaque. the compitition is very tough. i've done well in the class, but with limited resourses, i feel like i'm going to a gun fight w/ a knife. i'm also trying to get my son involved in the youth quad series. so now my funds will be split between 2 quads. so it looks like i'll be sand bagging next year at 4-5 races. jmo
please be gentle, just trying to be honest...

TheJaspMan
12-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
i for one can see the point the guy is making. i'm 39 , married, 2 kids that keep me busy. i train,race and ride as much as my finances allow to. i have sold all my race equipment and am down to a bone stock 400ex and a pipe. so i am looking at running the 35+ C class. (boy that sounds weak)this year, but for me to run the afternoon with the vet class, and running a limited amount of races. it just doesn't make sence. what are my chances? very slim just to plaque. the compitition is very tough. i've done well in the class, but with limited resourses, i feel like i'm going to a gun fight w/ a knife. i'm also trying to get my son involved in the youth quad series. so now my funds will be split between 2 quads. so it looks like i'll be sand bagging next year at 4-5 races. jmo
please be gentle, just trying to be honest...

I'm with you. I have a wife that races MX and I am trying to run the GNCC circut. It gets expensive. Plus trying to raise our family. I am running 35+ C as well.

CatMostFeared
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM

:eek2: Did I put you down and how did you you do this year

Wizard Racing
12-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CatMostFeared
:eek2: Did I put you down and how did you you do this year

Just when I thought you were going to be a nice guy, but you counldn't resist could you?

Popo,
I could go there, but I'm not !!

CatMostFeared
12-02-2004, 06:04 PM
popo made me do it:eek:

Rich250RRacer
12-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Ok, I guess I started a little bit of a debate. So everybody is clear
on the whole petition thing I will let everyone know exactly what it said, in case you didn't see it at the races, then you all can voice your opinion on it.

" In an effort to make ALL GNCC classes more competitive, any rider earning a year end number of 50 or better in the previous season, shall be required to compete in PRO, PRO-AM, 265A, OPEN A, or FOUR-STROKE A. Regardless of previous class, AGE, or machine type. "

Some of us don't have time to train constantly, some are lucky to just get out and ride once a week. I have a great deal of respect for those with the talent to ride at such a high level, but if you have that talent, wouldn't it make you feel better about yourself if you could say that you fought for that great finish, not walked away from everyone with very little competition at all.

crayfz
12-03-2004, 03:42 AM
I can see why that went no where.

Rich250RRacer
12-03-2004, 05:24 AM
What can you see, what is your view on it? You walked away with every win and had no competition in the senior class, exactly what you told your friends you were going to do. At the begining of the season you said you wanted to win a GNCC class, thats why you raced senior. You are an extremely fast rider, Dave, but how can you be proud of that plaque? Where did the nearest senior rider finish overall?

earlywineracing
12-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Is sounds like some people want the series to adapt to the riders skill level. But, usually the riders adapt to the classes offered. There is somewhere a happy medium though. I thing that we need to show enough support for the classes to be split into a Vet A and a Vet b for example. I am not sure of the numbers that would be in each class, but I can tell you that if you only have 5 Vet A riders sign up and 20 Vet B riders sign up, Racer Prod. is not going to split the class. 5 riders in a class is not enough. Again, this is just an example. So, what you all need to go is split up the riders and see if there would be enough in each class so you can show that to RP and convince them to make the change. If there is not enough this year, I am sure in up coming years there will be. The sport is growing! We need to quit slamming each other and work together for the sport that we all spend a load of money and time doing. I am sure that we could all use alittle more training, so lets spend time riding and working out instead of slamming each other. There is plenty of time for bumping once the flag drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will step down off my soap box and turn the stage over to someone else now.

God Bless America:D

Admin
12-03-2004, 07:17 AM
You can't take anything away from Dave for racing the Senior Class and winning everyrace. He is not a sandbagger or a cherrypicker, and he didn't break any rules. He only raced a class that he felt comfortable racing in week after week. Sure he has the speed to be competitive in the A or Pro Am Classes, but those riders are younger and sometimes out for Blood to move up.

I raced A Class last year and mentally I couldn't get with the program, but once I switched to Vet the pressure was off and I had a blast. I ended up leading and winning several Vet Races in a row and had my best overall finishes of the year starting several rows back. I knew all these guys had to work on Monday, and they didn't want to wreck anymore than I did, so I relaxed and didn't make stupid mistakes.

Another Example, John Gallagher dominated the Senior Class last year at the age of 57 and this year he switched to Super Senior and once again dominated the class. I guess he should be racing A Class now because he is too quick for his age?

Bill Ballance has dominated the Pro Class for 5 years winning race after race, so I guess he should start in the back row and give all the other pros a chance since they spend thousands of dollars building their machines and travling to the races, and then they need to spend another $100 to enter every race and go home with nothing week after week because Bill is so fast?

Three women have dominated the Women's Class for years, and have dedicated their lives to racing year after year to stay in top shape for their chance at the Championship, but what about the other women in the class that are just starting out or just don't have the speed to win? If they want the chance to get a 1st Place Plaque, they will either have to train just as hard or find another class that fits their ability and riding level. The women should be forced to ride A or Pro Am Class just because they are expectionally fast.

The point that I am trying to make is that the classes are setup the way they are for a reason, and if everyone follows the rules when entering, then it is the riders choice to which class they sign up. If a person feels the Vet Class top riders are too fast to compete against by entry level racers, they should be racing the B Class or one of the Age group C Classes instead.

Everyone enters a race because they want to win or finish near the top at the end of a season, so why wouldn't they have the choice to pick a class that works best for them?

LS@GtThunder
12-03-2004, 08:08 AM
[i] We need to quit slamming each other and work together for the sport that we all spend a load of money and time doing. I am sure that we could all use alittle more training, so lets spend time riding and working out instead of slamming each other. There is plenty of time for bumping once the flag drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D [/B]

Very well said.

Another thing since we are on this subject - RACING IS NOT FAIR - get over it. It is a race and some riders are doing all they can to win, while others have chosen to compete at a lesser level for a variety of reasons.

I have never heard any rider at the starting line mention to the rider beside him - I added 50 lbs. to my bike so that we would have an equal chance at the holeshot, or I see you have stock shocks and I have Axis that are working great, can we trade for the next race so that we have a FAIR advantage. Many of us are looking for any way that we can within the rules to get an advantage over the competition. Maybe we should all limit how much time we train and ride between Nationals so that we do not have an advantage. I am not picking on anyone with these comments.

This is racing, and to some its a fun challange. To outride, and
outwit is what makes it fun for some.

While I may not agree with some of the rules and do speak up about it - I for one do not want to start my own series so that I
can make the rules that I want. We all have the same rules to race from in GNCC.

We all have a chance to voice our opinions to anyone we please including racer productions, and I do voice my opinion - but once the rules are set for the year - Lets all get along and go race

intruder
12-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Everyone enters a race because they want to win or finish near the top at the end of a season, so why wouldn't they have the choice to pick a class that works best for them?

I just raced for fun didn't care were I finished just had fun

Admin
12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by intruder

I just raced for fun didn't care were I finished just had fun

I can see your point on that one. I was in the heat of typing, and I agree that many do it for fun, but I don't think they are the ones complaining about the age class riders.

I personally enjoy racing, but I still go out everyrace trying to win. Obviously, I haven't been very successful this year at winning, but I gave it my best every race. I still have a blast whether I win or not though.

spincr4hire
12-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by intruder
. I just raced for fun didn't care were I finished just had fun

same here

popo
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
It's not like Dave was a Pro/Am rider and went down to 4 stroke stock. He choose to move up.

Technically he could, but decided that would not be a GOOD idea.

CatMostFeared
12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
What can you see, what is your view on it? You walked away with every win and had no competition in the senior class, exactly what you told your friends you were going to do. At the begining of the season you said you wanted to win a GNCC class, thats why you raced senior. You are an extremely fast rider, Dave, but how can you be proud of that plaque? Where did the nearest senior rider finish overall?

Well I'm proud of Dave and I hope someday I can do what he has done.:blah:

Rich250RRacer
12-03-2004, 03:24 PM
I don't want to slam Dave, as I stated before I have respect for someone who can ride at that level, he also made the switch from a 250R to the Yamaha and never skipped a beat. The petition was never an attack on one person in one class, although he may feel it was against him. I am not a senior rider, I've ridden Vet and Junior and the problem exsists there too. When the petition was passed around every senior rider but two signed it, so did most of the Vet class and Junior, not to mention a great deal of riders in other classes. As for Harlan, I've only talked to you a few times and feel you are a straight-up guy, but after your first race in the vet class last year, at the Wisp, I believe, rumor was going around that you said you won so easily you were going to continue to race the class. Is this true? I am still looking for opinions on this matter, and hopefully a solution. We all spend huge amounts of money, and it's only a matter of time before people get tired of seeing the same name at the top of the class results and start looking for other races to run.

Admin
12-03-2004, 03:40 PM
As for Harlan, I've only talked to you a few times and feel you are a straight-up guy, but after your first race in the vet class last year, at the Wisp, I believe, rumor was going around that you said you won so easily you were going to continue to race the class. Is this true?

Actually, I jumped back to A Class at the Ironman after racing three races in Vet Class, so I don't agree with your comment. I did really enjoy winning a few races, but the Vet class guys won't have to worry about me because I am stuck racing in the Morning. I can't afford to mis taking photos in the Afternoon of the Pros.

If I am ever forced out of the Stock Class or to the afternoon, I will switch to a Utility stock to remain in the morning because I don't want to give up what I love, so I can take photos at the GNCC events.

Rich250RRacer
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
Thanks Harlan, the photos are always great. Instead of all the negative little snipes about the petition, will anybody offer up reasons why going with the numbering system is a bad idea? The idea of A and B age classes is good but as someone said, there are not enough riders in these classes, unless this idea would attract more riders to them. Maybe some are being scared away because of who rides under the current system. I have heard from some the age overrules number, but what the petition asks for is this to be over-turned, and have that number mean something. If I had not gotten such a big response to the petition, I never would have started it or turned it in. I don't want to be labeled as a whiner or a crier. I have made some very good friends racing GNCC, and would like that to continue. All of those who signed the petition would like to see something done, one way or another.

rowlrag
12-03-2004, 07:07 PM
and it's only a matter of time before people get tired of seeing the same name at the top of the class results and start looking for other races to run.
I won't get tired of see'in my name up there, If I could get up there:( There's nothing wrong with your petition, the more I think about it you have a point. but if Ballance quit today and in say 5 years wanted to come back, you couldn't tell him he can't run vet, unless the rules were changed.

Admin
12-03-2004, 07:53 PM
The real solution to the problem is to get more people to the races, plan and simple. I know that Rich250RRacer has a point, but without enough racers in the Vet Class or enough racers over filling the C 35+ Class next year, Racer Productions isn't going to create a Vet A and Vet B as they do for the Motorcycles.

Classes are created and wiped away by the number of entries into a class. Their weren't many 2 Stroke riders this year, so they cut two classes and combined it into an open Class for A, B, and C riders. I am sure that a fast guy that loves his 2 Strokes will be called a sandbagger next year for racing the class if he wins every race, but that is his right.

Rich250RRacer I am glad to see you on ATVriders.com as a member, and I hope everyone understands that I am only trying to state the way things are and what needs to be done if you want them changed for 2006.

Pappy
12-03-2004, 08:08 PM
harlen made the switch to vet last season to get his head right. he got it right and went back to A.

race whatever class you want ..win or finish last...its all for fun...right:scary:

sammy5x
12-03-2004, 08:41 PM
You know what makes this country so great? Besides racing ATV's and such, the freedom of speech. I read most of this thread and have to admit that 99% of everyone has valid and professional opinions. I have been racing ATV motocross since the 80's when I was a young teenager. I have done my fair share of winning races and championships in varios pro classes along the way but if I want to race an age class why not? Age means age, period. As for 3 hour races -HELL YEAH!!! I love training hard and have always been known to. I raced my first ATV gncc race this past year and man, I had so much fun (eccept for those rookie blisters the size of silver dollar pancakes!). I could not get over how downright cool GNCC guys are. I would really like to give a hearty thank you and good luck to Jeremy Rice. That man is one of the nicest and talented racers I have met in my18 years of racing. It was truly a pleasure meeting and pitting with such a professional racer. Thanks for answering all my dumb questions!. What ever changes they make to racing, remember, they are only trying to improve racing on the grand scale. If you can't hang in a particular class then either step it up of shut up. What I tell my NEATV-MX Greater Boston Motorsports race team is to ask yourself every day- WHAT DID I DO TODAY TO MAKE MYSELF A BETTER RIDER. If you can't answer that in a positive way then (with no shame), step down. See everyone in 2005.:macho

sammy5x
12-03-2004, 08:43 PM
Let me say again-3 HOUR RACES-3 HOUR RACES-3 HOUR RACES suckas:D

rowlrag
12-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by sammy5x
Let me say again-3 HOUR RACES-3 HOUR RACES-3 HOUR RACES suckas:D
I'd do it, but have you ever watched the GNCC bike guy's for 3 hours? BORING, I've raced them too and I think if they went to 2hrs there would be more competition, but the 3hrs is all training.
2hrs flat out on a quad is plenty for the average joe to have 1 bike too race all year. If alot off people like the longer races get everbody to do the 6 hr races with some friends, there a blast, 12hr is cool to but it's a long time, especially if your team has bike problems early and you only get only a couple hrs in.Just my opinion.

660bigdaddy
12-04-2004, 07:00 AM
Rich250RRacer, how many races did you run last year, and how many years have you been racing the gncc series?
last year in the wnyoa series we split the vet class for the same reason rich250 wants to. AA guys dropping back to vet. we had 12 guys the first race and it was going to be a great class. we had 5 guys that where fast and the rest where real close together. 2nd race they bottom 7 dropped out and went to A. whicjh caused a big problem letting the back guys from vet start in the A class in front of vet. it was a bad move. now they have a vet b class. not good. not enough in each class now.

660bigdaddy
12-04-2004, 07:02 AM
when i turn 40 in august, can i run the senior class? or do i have to wait til next year?

i found it:A Youth Bike rider's age on January 1 will determine his age for the year. All other age divisions will be determined as of the date of the event.
looks like i'll run senior after the break.

Rich250RRacer
12-04-2004, 07:20 AM
2005 will be my 8th season running GNCC's. I started later in the year my first season (Loretta Lynn's) and ran 9 races that year.
I have run at least 11 races every year since.

popo
12-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 660bigdaddy
when i turn 40 in august, can i run the senior class? or do i have to wait til next year?

i found it:A Youth Bike rider's age on January 1 will determine his age for the year. All other age divisions will be determined as of the date of the event.
looks like i'll run senior after the break.

Wayne. Who care what class you run or how old you are... just make it back.

660bigdaddy
12-05-2004, 05:38 AM
just make it back.
thanks popo. i really appreciate it.

bjones
12-05-2004, 08:23 PM
in regards to Bryan Hulsey.Bryan is a very good friend of mine and 2002 he was on a fully prepared laeger/duncan racing built 250R. I 2003 he a factory surrported v-force a far cry away from a 250r. He also rode the machine in 2004. As far as the sandbagging i don't think that happened because of the season ending results. Me personlly it would only push me that much harder in my training to be able to beat him.

countypark
12-05-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by lshonda310
heres how I think the classes should be:

morning race-

drop the 2-stroke class and let them run with the 4-strokes and just call it open c classes

move sport to the morning, especially if there will be extra technical obstacles in the afternoon, the class is for younger riders with beginner quads anyways

As I recall, the SPORT Class is a "B" class.

I'm not young and I don't think the top guys in the class are riding beginner quads.

I like it in the afternoon. Remember that more then half the field gets lapped in the afternoon.

cheetah
12-05-2004, 09:31 PM
I have a quick question. My buddy is racing with me next year and he will be running C 16-21. He turns 22 in June so will racer productions just carry his points over or will he just run that age group the rest of the season? I'm sure someone has had this happen.

popo
12-06-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by cheetah
I have a quick question. My buddy is racing with me next year and he will be running C 16-21. He turns 22 in June so will racer productions just carry his points over or will he just run that age group the rest of the season? I'm sure someone has had this happen.

More than likely since he started off in that class he would be allowed to continue.

I would suggest contacting either Rita or Carri Jo at Racer Productions.

crayfz
12-06-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm back from my cruise, and it looks like I need to defend myself, I'll try to do that tomarrow, right now I have to go for a jog, so I can continue to win next year.

crayfz
12-06-2004, 05:44 PM
Alittle more before I hit the weights.
I lift 2 times a day, and run almost everyday also,
so I can, look at that plaque, and be proud.

Rich, I can see your point on a B class, but don't blame the fast guys.
Sr,Vet,and Jr. have always been a A class, and thats where you will find me, if you can get a B class more power to ya.

foxracingpredat
12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
i havent looked through every page of this thread but i would say they need to do something about the starting situation. there needs to be a Bigger field to start in for longer lines. i know it wasnt very fun for me to start on someones back tires during the ironman am race with all that mud with over 70 some guys in the 4 stroke c 16-24. I got more mud from that, than the rest of the race.

ridemehard913
12-07-2004, 06:46 AM
If sport class goes to morning, i hope they start them close to the front lines(even tho i wont be in it), it is NOT a slow class.......a few times this year the top few of us almost didnt get lapped.,,,,,,at WV we got lapped right after pro row which was real close to the finish.,.....:D and consistantly (SP?) finished top 100

GT THUNDER
N-STYLE
GNCC#99

bradley300
12-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ridemehard913
If sport class goes to morning, i hope they start them close to the front lines(even tho i wont be in it), it is NOT a slow class.......a few times this year the top few of us almost didnt get lapped.,,,,,,at WV we got lapped right after pro row which was real close to the finish.,.....:D and consistantly (SP?) finished top 100

GT THUNDER
N-STYLE
GNCC#99

glad you wont be there, you kicked my ***** every race! lol

i think if they do move to the mornin that they should start within the first 3 or 4 rows

spincr4hire
12-07-2004, 10:16 AM
from what I read the sport class will still be in the afternoon, make sure you are looking at the ATV and not Bike classes.

Rich250RRacer
12-07-2004, 01:11 PM
I see your side of it too Dave, I guess I can't really fault the fast guys, the rules say they can race in these classes and until Racer productions splits the classes or makes some other move then we'll just have to ride harder. Hopefully Racer productions will at least take the time to address the situation. In the mean time I guess I'd better get out and practice so you don't lap me Sunday.

Admin
12-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by crayfz
Alittle more before I hit the weights.
I lift 2 times a day, and run almost everyday also,
so I can, look at that plaque, and be proud.

Rich, I can see your point on a B class, but don't blame the fast guys.
Sr,Vet,and Jr. have always been a A class, and thats where you will find me, if you can get a B class more power to ya.

Dave, it is great to see you take your racing seriously and do your best to represent the older riders.

If you have a repeat performance next year, the AMA will have a great canidate for ATVA Vet/Senior Rider of the Year.

gncc571
12-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
He's points will not be carried over.
You have to go on what your age is on the day of the event.

gncc571
12-07-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Admin

I raced A Class last year and mentally I couldn't get with the program, but once I switched to Vet the pressure was off and I had a blast. I ended up leading and winning several Vet Races in a row and had my best overall finishes of the year starting several rows back. I knew all these guys had to work on Monday, and they didn't want to wreck anymore than I did, so I relaxed and didn't make stupid mistakes.

This is the main reason i switched to Vet Class.
To be competitive in Pro-Am or the A class's you've got to train and pratice alot and have alot of money in their quad, I for one don't have the time or that kind of money to do that,so I switched to a class where I thought there would be guys that felt the same way I do,who just what to race and have FUN and still be competitive. And thats what I did, had more fun than I've had in years and was more competitive in my class than I had ever been.
I think the A,B thing would be a good idea(if they had enough riders),but you know if they did the slower guys in "B" would be complaining about the ones winning saying they need to be in "A". So basically its a never ending argument.
I for one thinks its fine the way it is.
Just my 2 cents

ZapsRacing
12-07-2004, 05:59 PM
Thats the same reason my brother (steve zapfe) switched to Vet, because Open A was just too much pressure on the line and he would screw up. And he could race with riders of the same skill as A riders in the Vet class. So he made the switch and his first race back after a torn ACL he won and got a top 20 overall.

popo
12-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admin
[B]

This is the main reason i switched to Vet Class.
To be competitive in Pro-Am or the A class's you've got to train and pratice alot and have alot of money in their quad, I for one don't have the time or that kind of money to do that,so I switched to a class where I thought there would be guys that felt the same way I do,who just what to race and have FUN and still be competitive. And thats what I did, had more fun than I've had in years and was more competitive in my class than I had ever been.
I think the A,B thing would be a good idea(if they had enough riders),but you know if they did the slower guys in "B" would be complaining about the ones winning saying they need to be in "A". So basically its a never ending argument.
I for one thinks its fine the way it is.
Just my 2 cents

Cale.

I think your 2 cents where very well spoken.

gncc571
12-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Thank you Popo:D

big bad beny
12-11-2004, 04:48 PM
hay i run sport class. I think it should be in the pm race. not all but there are some that run 4st B or Open B what ever class it is that start in front of us that are slower than some of us, I always pass at least 5 or 6 in the races i run.

P.S. ride red and ride hard

300racer
12-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by big bad beny
hay i run sport class. I think it should be in the pm race. not all but there are some that run 4st B or Open B what ever class it is that start in front of us that are slower than some of us, I always pass at least 5 or 6 in the races i run.

yeah but these guys you are passing should probly be in the c class or they are having problems in the race. I think sport class should be in the morning also. But thats jmo

P.S. ride red and ride hard

big bad beny
12-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Mike shut up u ho mo you dont know what the you are talking about

p.s. Ride Red and Ride Hard

awrcs89
12-15-2004, 01:32 PM
american woods racing championship series

this series is about real woods racing tight techenical woods racing the way it should be we run 3hr + a lap this will be are fourth year and we usually get around 150 to 200 bike rider at each event and 60 to 70 quad rider 25 kid[80 65]and 15 50 riders each has a seperate trail if instered email me with your address i will mail you a race packet thanks

for the 2005 season we are offering a overall winning

2004 Series Banquet Date and Location will be announced in the next week along with 2004 Series Points standings.

2005 Series update.

5000.00 to the overall winner of the AA Bike Class in 2005

2500.00 to the overall winner of the AA Class in 2005

loctaion pa oh md ny wv va

check it out on www.imxracing.com

e mail me at basel892000@yahoo.com