PDA

View Full Version : yfz 450 swingarm

yz426ex36
11-28-2004, 06:06 PM
my frind has a leager swing arm and he is having problems with the axle kickin sideways and breakin bolts on the carrier.If he goes with a R style carrier does he have to go with a R axle b/c he already has axle rims everthing on the back and dont want to replace it all?????????

SRH
11-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by yz426ex36
my frind has a leager swing arm and he is having problems with the axle kickin sideways and breakin bolts on the carrier.If he goes with a R style carrier does he have to go with a R axle b/c he already has axle rims everthing on the back and dont want to replace it all?????????

my cousin had that problem with his stocker but instead of messing up the bolts, it drove them into the swingarm and messed up the carrier, we found his axle bearings were blown too...

EvilJester400EX
11-29-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by yz426ex36

I run a YFZ axle in a R style swingarm.

yz426ex36
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
did everthing go together easy or did you have to modify anything

EvilJester400EX
11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm not sure, I sent my quad to John at Legacy and told him I had a YFZ axle, he told me not to worry about it, he'd have it to where my YFZ axle would work.- I have no idea if there was any modification or anything.

Wingnut
11-30-2004, 07:09 AM
To switch to a honda style carrier, he won't have to switch axles, but he will have to buy a different swingarm. A Honda carrier can't simply be put in place of a Yamaha carrier. Most companies sell the Honda style swingarm and carrier as a package for the YFZ. They are made where you can use the stock axle.

CBW
11-30-2004, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Wingnut
To switch to a honda style carrier, he won't have to switch axles, but he will have to buy a different swingarm. A Honda carrier can't simply be put in place of a Yamaha carrier. Most companies sell the Honda style swingarm and carrier as a package for the YFZ. They are made where you can use the stock axle.

exactly.......^^^^;)

markvette
11-30-2004, 11:09 AM
lonestar sells a swing arm with the honda carrier and everything to bolt on and use the yamaha axle

yz426ex36
11-30-2004, 03:23 PM
well I knew a honda carrier wont go in a yfz swingarm but one person told me they bought a jb swingarm and had to use a R axle so I guess Ill tell him to call j b

markvette
11-30-2004, 03:39 PM
like i said lsr sells a swing arm with the honda bearing carrier. it also has the brake backing plate for the yamaha axle and brakes.

markvette
11-30-2004, 03:51 PM
houser has one that will work too. i copied this off their website

HOUSER Round House Bearing Carrier Swing Arm - $795

• Stock and +1" Length
• Uses all stock parts
• Includes bearing carrier and brake stay plate
• Greaseable from the outside
• Brake Caliper is rotated forward

stocktires
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
What's so bad about the yamaha carrier?

yz426ex36
12-03-2004, 09:23 PM
thanks I will tell my friend about it.the yamaha design was s**tty thats whyt they use hondas rear end idea

bman's 02 300ex
12-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by markvette
houser has one that will work too. i copied this off their website

HOUSER Round House Bearing Carrier Swing Arm - $795

• Stock and +1" Length
• Uses all stock parts
• Includes bearing carrier and brake stay plate
• Greaseable from the outside
• Brake Caliper is rotated forward

got mine for $700 o.t.d.

Glazier
12-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by markvette
lonestar sells a swing arm with the honda carrier and everything to bolt on and use the yamaha axle

They look good and you get the Honda chain adjustment as well, and we all know that is the best system ever.

muff
12-30-2004, 09:58 AM
you have to realize that the honda style carrier, and the 250r carrier are 2 completely different setups.

with the honda style you use all of the yfz parts (axle, caliper, etc). and you just need the swingarm, carrier and brake plate

with the 250r setup you need the complete R rear end. axle, hubs, caliper, carrier, etc. and of coarse the swingarm as well

the stock yamaha carrier is actually better than the aftermarket ones. theres twice as many bearings and they last longer, which you see laeger and walsh now making swingarms that use the stock carrier assembly

SRH
12-30-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by muff
you have to realize that the honda style carrier, and the 250r carrier are 2 completely different setups.

with the honda style you use all of the yfz parts (axle, caliper, etc). and you just need the swingarm, carrier and brake plate

with the 250r setup you need the complete R rear end. axle, hubs, caliper, carrier, etc. and of coarse the swingarm as well

the stock yamaha carrier is actually better than the aftermarket ones. theres twice as many bearings and they last longer, which you see laeger and walsh now making swingarms that use the stock carrier assembly

what do u mean twice as many, yamaha just uses a dual bearing setup like rpm and lsr do in there carriers, my cousin wasted the stock bearigs in less than a season....i dont see how the carrier is better its a cast unit its light but cast isnt the strongest stuff out there, i have a complete r setup on my yfz ..ill stick to that with a nice machined dual row aftermarket bearing carrier

pnut420
01-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SRH
what do u mean twice as many, yamaha just uses a dual bearing setup like rpm and lsr do in there carriers, my cousin wasted the stock bearigs in less than a season....i dont see how the carrier is better its a cast unit its light but cast isnt the strongest stuff out there, i have a complete r setup on my yfz ..ill stick to that with a nice machined dual row aftermarket bearing carrier

Muff is running all 250r components in his quad and probably tapered bearings. He isnt stroking the stock carrier, but is more or less saying the stock carrier will due just fine is you stick with the yamaha style swingarm(stock of course). Also on average you need to rebuild your carrier once a year anyway. The thing that sucks most about the stock carrier though is its not reallly greasable, and the chain adjustment is a bad idea, I thought they would have left that design to the blaster :ermm: .