PDA

View Full Version : No more racing in New Jersey?

Quad101
11-28-2004, 05:38 PM
Action Alert

Action Alert -- Tell Your Legislator that Additional Race Track Regulations Aren’t Necessary

Recently introduced legislation, New Jersey Assembly bill 3425, would seriously restrict racing at most racetracks. Under the proposal, introduced by Assemblymen Michael Panter (D-12th) and Robert Morgan (D-12th), no motor vehicle could be operated on a racetrack that is within a mile of residential housing before 11 a.m. or after 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and before 11 a.m. and after 7 p.m. on Sundays.

Violators would face fines of $2,500 for the first offense, $5,000 for the second offense, $10,000 for the third offense, and $25,000 for the fourth and subsequent offenses.

Track operators say that this proposal would essentially shut down certain forms of racing in the state as it would be virtually impossible for clubs or promoters to run successful dirt-track or motocross events.

The AMA is not opposed to reasonable hours of operation for racing facilities. But, such regulations, if necessary, should be worked out at the local level among the track operator, neighboring property owners and local government. A state law with draconian enforcement provisions is not necessary.

Assembly bill 3425 has been referred to the Tourism and Gaming Committee. You can take action to oppose this bill by writing to the chairman of the committee at: Chairman Jeff Van Drew, Assembly Tourism and Gaming Committee, Office of Legislative Services, Trenton, NJ 08625. Or, use the AMA’s Rapid Response Center to send a pre-written response.

To review the entire bill language go to the “Issues and Legislation” page then click on the “Current Legislation” tab.

Seen at ATVA web site.

JRDrider22
11-28-2004, 06:14 PM
this is BULL. i hate this. our state barely has any legal places to ride. now were all going to ride illegal. great state to live in !!!!:mad:

JR3
11-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JRDrider22
this is BULL. i hate this. our state barely has any legal places to ride. now were all going to ride illegal. great state to live in !!!!:mad:

yea this definately blows and like u aid we got like 3 legal places to ride as it is :grr:

JDiablo
11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
ahh NJ sux,this place can go to hell:o

chucked
11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
turning into MD

JRDrider22
11-28-2004, 06:32 PM
me and my pops always used to talk about winning the lottery. we'd buy so much land and make a track out of it on our property we would buy. i just wish we had a lot of land to ride on like upstate NY, but only if we had tracks to ride on

brian
11-28-2004, 07:21 PM
that's democrats for you, always trying to take away from you.......

deathman53
11-28-2004, 08:23 PM
this is all because of the stupid yuppies who bought houses next to raceway park. one guy was telling me yesterday about a housing developemnt right next to the racetrack, litterly the house was almost on TOP of the berm for a corner. I can tell you for one, raceway park is ALOT quitier than it was when I first moved to e-town and these stupid yuppies still ***** about it. And what kills me is, more housing developments are being built around it!!!! When they finally get there way and shut down raceway park and have 10,000 condo's built there, traffic is gonna be horrible all the time, not just on saturdays and sundays. What are they gonna ***** about next the traffic for the auction????

Ralph
11-28-2004, 08:39 PM
nj riders need to protest. We are treated like **** in nj and we shouldnt take it. We need to be heard. Im sick of this state and i am getting out of it asap:mad: