PDA

View Full Version : Sand Lake 9-8-01

Wheelie
09-03-2001, 09:29 PM
Anybody else going to Sand Lake, OR this weekend?

09-04-2001, 07:20 PM
My brother and I were going to take my Dad out there for his first taste of quad riding, but couldn't get a campsite. There is a Bronco Bash there this weekend, and they have it all booked up. I hear it is all '66-'77 Broncos, and they come from as far as Florida for it. Sounds a little too crowded to me, so we are going to Capitol Forrest instead.

Wheelie
09-04-2001, 09:18 PM
Two years ago on my first trip to the dunes, I ended up going on the weekend of the Bronco Bash....it was sweet....crowded but sweet.

rhandw69
09-06-2001, 12:21 PM
We were at Sand Lake this past weekend for Labor day, very fun and very packed. One guy was killed, and there were numerous ambulance calls.
It was cool they started the drags again along the long straight stretch just down before you get to the first bowl. It was pretty wild.
Muddy300, where will you be going at capitol forest, will you be going to the ORV park, ROck candy mountain entrance, or Waddel creek entrance just of I-5?
We will be heading to capitol as well.
Rhan

09-06-2001, 08:31 PM
The plan is to head to the Waddel campground, but we've never been up there, so we are just going to play it by ear. Can't wait to get up there. Just got done putting a new set of Renthal bars on my bike and I can't wait to try them out!
:D

FlyinRed
09-07-2001, 04:36 PM
Hey Rhan,
When ya leavin, where ya goin, can I tag along? I have to fix a flat, but I'm interested. You can e-mail me with your phone number and I'll call you tonight.