PDA

View Full Version : exhaust repacking?

chris450R
11-28-2004, 02:15 PM
how long before it is time to repack the canister? i have a full sparks pipe and i really love it and i don't want it to start sounding bad or crappy because of the packing going bad. i have had it since august and have rode pretty hard since then, had several races and just riding around the house. so how long do ya'll think it should be before i need to repack it? i don't think it needs it yet because it still sounds good but i just thought about it and really didn't know when that should be done. thanks, chris

Pvt. Maggot
11-28-2004, 02:55 PM
my bros big gun blew every speck of packing out in about a year and a half of hard riding...so i'd say if you want it to stay new about every 6 months or less...:)

Sandgod4
11-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Get the FMF packing from RMATV. It's 35 bucks but when you open the package you'll see why. More then just packing.It has four layers total that you wrap indiviually. The last layer is the packing. Two layers of screen mesh and one fiberglass like the stuff they build boats out of then the packing.. When the packing burns then all you need is the packing. I highly recommend it..

Martin Blair
11-29-2004, 02:43 PM
buy the packing what what exhuast you have, unless you want to just get the cheap fmf or the multi laywer woorks well, but Its beeter to buy it from who your pipe is made, It fits alot easier just slips over core. I do mine at the first of the year and the middle of riding season