PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with my suspension(LT orST)

bbrad mulvey
11-28-2004, 02:59 AM
well I have the money to go either wayBut I only want to spend the moeny once, so here is my cenerio(sp)...
I mostly race flat track and will be going tt once it starts up. I also will be racing MX come summer time. I wont be taking it out in the wood too often as this is my race machine.
WHat suspension should I go with?
I was thinking LT BUT I have a friend that has a set of elka elite series triple rates with piggyback that are like new for stock length for a VERY nice price. I am going with JD performance arms for sure though, I just need to know if I NEED to go with lt or not? I need the quad to be low for the FT and TT though for sure.
is LT really that important for MX?
thanks for all the help guys!

bbrad mulvey
11-28-2004, 04:22 PM
so there is nobody out there that can help me with my +2 set up that I want to order.
weird I thought that somebody has done Long travel before...

MXRACER86
11-28-2004, 05:37 PM
I would say go with the standard travel because long travel won't do anything for you on TT and it is plenty good enough for motocross

mikes450r
11-28-2004, 06:04 PM
i believe there was a tread here recently about your same question..most people said there wasnt that much of a difference between both as long as they were set up correctly..

bbrad mulvey
11-28-2004, 10:42 PM
So I will be fine with +2 a arms and standard travel elka elite suspension?

mikes450r
11-28-2004, 11:47 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132121

here go to this site...theres alot of information about this topic from people that have had both set ups..i myself have only had standard..so i cant really give advice about long travel

300extreme#8
11-29-2004, 07:06 AM
i say go with the elka elites on std travel.,u shouldn't be dissappointed,make sure they r vavled to ur weight tho,and it takes time to adjust them to where u like them but once u get them dailed in it will be the best thing u've prolly bought.