11-27-2004, 10:43 PM
how many dB is a sparks on a 4fiddyR?

Jersey450R
11-28-2004, 06:47 AM
i saw one tested and on the screen, it read, "LOUD"
haha, no they are around 104-107

protrax
11-28-2004, 08:13 AM
i tested mine and at half throttle 2 feet away on a 45 degree angle it was 110 112 only was 107 under half throttle

exrider44
11-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Whats considered tolerable for woods riding and recreation?

11-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
Whats considered tolerable for woods riding and recreation?

really...really...really loud :devil: ...lol nah i would say like 106 db or so...sparks is making a quiet insert for their pipes so u dont have anything to worry about...mines commin from ups...i heard its got a real mean 4 stroke sound to it...and i got the big core..so its prolly gonna be mean :devil:

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 05:30 AM
thats the problem with all these loud pipes. they make quiet inserts and spark arrestors for tham as an afterthought and that just stuffs them up and restricts power.
check out this info on the pulse charger if your looking for a good pipe. I have seen some dyno stuff and these romp the compettition.
quote from www.viciouscycleperformance.com

# Does the Pulse Charger require rejetting?
# Does the Pulse Charger come with a spark arrester?
# Why is it called a Pulse Charger?
# Is Vicious Cycle Performance going to offer head pipes to with the Pulse Charger?
# How is your "sleeper" core different from other quiet cores or quiet inserts?
# How does the Pulse Charger create more power than other exhausts?
# Besides Quads, will Vicious Cycle be making Pulse Chargers for Dirt Bikes?
# What materials are used in the manufacture of the Pulse Charger?

1. Yes. Vicious Cycle will include jetting recommendations with each Pulse Charger.

2. Actually, it comes supplied with an extremely good one. Unlike the other manufacturers who make their pipe, then as an afterthought, stuff their silencing and spark arresting accessories in the outlet, Vicious Cycle designed the Pulse Charger with a high flow, large surface area spark arrester from the beginning. Most aftermarket exhausts have about 10 square inches of surface area to their spark arresters. The screens are usually 40% open area, so 10 sq. in, 40% open, leaves 4 SQUARE INCHES of OPEN FLOW. This would seem sufficient since the 2 inch cores of most of these exhausts have 3.14 square inches of open core, but remember: Those 4 sq in of open flow are in a screen, and because of all the surface area surrounding each little opening in the screen, there is friction to air flow. (Known as Viscous Drag) The Pulse Charger's spark arrester has 22 square inches of surface area with 40% open area, so 22 sq in, 40% open, leaves 8.8 SQUARE INCHES OF OPEN FLOW. The Pulse Charger's Spark arrester has over 200% more open flow, definitely enough to allow for peak output of the 3.93 square inch open core. Keep in mind, our dyno runs are taken with the spark arrester in place, while others remove theirs to post good dyno reads.

3. Supercharger is a term given to a component that fills an engine with a greater fuel/air charge than would happen with just atmospheric pressure alone. Turbo chargers and Blowers are forms of superchargers. With the Pulse Charger, Vicious Cycle has harnessed the power inherent in the exhaust pulse to draw in more fuel/air charge than would atmosphere differential alone. Vicious Cycle is using the exhaust pulse to supercharge the engine, hence the name: Pulse Charger.

4. Absolutely! In order to take full advantage of Pulse Charger properties it needs to be paired with our “Stacker” head pipe. The entire Pulse Charger Exhaust works as a system, and the head pipe, as well as the cannister, is an important part of the horse power gains and wider power spread it delivers.

5. Other full power exhausts are not redesigned to use a quiet core. They are merely restricted (plugged up) versions. These other exhausts have either a washer to make a smaller outlet aperture, a smaller diameter "straw" in the end cap, or by reducing the number of outlet diffuser discs. The Pulse Charger sleeper core changes the whole inner core. The Sleeper core greatly increases both the available surface area and the amount of packing that does the sound dampening. This design achieves significant sound control, with minimal restriction.

6. Standard glass packs generally allow for unimpeded flow (until they get their quiet cores) of exhaust gas but don't do anything to increase exhaust efficiency. Besides having a substantially larger open core for more flow, the Pulse Charger exploits both the inertia of the particulate pulse and the energy of the sound pulse to actually create a vacuum to help pull the exhaust through the system. This vacuum is not only more efficient at removing the burnt gasses, it is strong enough to pull in extra fresh fuel/air mix during the overlap period of cam timing. (See Question 3).

7. Yes, definitely, and also for Minis and Street Bikes as soon as possible.

8.Billet aluminum intake and end “bullets”, Anodized extruded aluminum cannister, Stainless steel megaphone and perforated cores. All assemble with stainless steel cap screws embedded with anaerobic thread sealing compound. NO RIVETS= No aggravated repacking

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 09:58 AM
no offense...but the pulse charger looks gay as a daisey...and i want a quad that looks good and has power

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
black andonized can, mounting straps instead of welded on brackets that will break over time and incredible power to boot. I have seen the dyno's on this pipe. it will romp a sparks all day long and it has a spark arrestor ! put a spark arrestor in the sparks pipet and it would probably get real ugly...well sparks, hmf, fmf take your pick they are all just about identical. that pipe uses all billet pieces, no rivets like the beloved sparks either. if you need to repack your exhaust you just use the allen head bolts to take it apart no rivet drilling. but oh well at least youll look good :)
also no offense but i doubt you even have a 450r

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
well lets see the dynos? cuz im not gonna believe that unless ive got proof neways...only thing i dont like about that pipe looks wise...is that tip...it looks like a rocket ship and i think it looks stupid lol

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 02:16 PM
here is a vid of the pulsecharger running, if you want to find dyno stuff you gotta go look for yourself. head over to www.trx450r.org and look around. i don't have time to find it for you becasue i gotta go keep my weight up. if i dont eat soon i may drop below 230
pulse charger videos (http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3333&st=165)

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 02:41 PM
hmm sounds pretty nice idlein....any idea for dB on that thing?

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 02:48 PM
hmmm that last vid def changed my opinion on it tho!...it sounds sweeeeet...if u get more vids let me kno...im addin this into the "Possible pipes for jesse's r" lol along w/ HMF and Sparks

Thump_It
11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
I just got off the phone with the Pulse Charger people. The person I was talking to had no idea about any of the facts of the pipe, all she knew was price. I asked her what the numbers were that they recieved from the dyno, she then replied i'm not even sure what a "DYNA-MOE" is. Sales reps need to be informed, I'm not impressed with viscious cycle...

11-29-2004, 04:46 PM
ive done a considerable amount of research on this pipe...i can tell u right now...for 1...its not worth $700...for 2...the maker and associates of him are big time @$$holes and have no idea how to build engines what so ever...for 3...this pipe does not work at all...the low end shows no gains at all...until u reach almost full throttle...then this pipe rips it up...it is a little better then most pipes on top end...but thats it...its a big time waste...and i wouldnt want nething to do with the people who made it or have nething to do with it...the guy that made this pipe was trying to convince me that a k&n was a pos filter and that foam owned it...well i have done a little engine building of my own and my own tests...well he called me a little kid and said i was unaware and stupid and i had no idea what i was talking bout...but hey riding my bike in sand, dust, dirt, mud, ice, and snow...over the period of 2 years...i have had no engine problems...the first time i threw a foam on it...i went to the dunes...the engine f'ed up...i even raced MHSC which is a hare scrambles series with an open air box with a k&n...no problems...and thats all im ever gonne run from now on...and he says that my evidence is not worthy...like he is the god of all and he cant accept that he is wrong...well ill tell u wrong...a $700 pipe that makes no gains anywhere but the top...that looks as stupid as that...:grr:...and so what it makes power with 96 dbs...wow big accomplishment...u can get power from any pipe and just put a silencing core in it...its not that hard...and ya most companies do sell that as a mod...so what...their pipe doesnt cost $700 either

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 05:03 PM
thats some funny reading. ur mad about a filter and u argued with a guy that made you look stupid. it doesnt take a genius to figure out that a kn is not the best solution for your bike. i have a kn on my jeep and all i have to do is look at the intake tube to tell that its not the best filter. solution - remove k&N they let dirt thru. dirt damages engine. they are junk. they may be ok in an automotive application where dirt isnt as much of an issue but in a quad they just blow. sorry thats my opinion. i have seen what they let thru and i dont want one attached to my intake. r u seeing a connection as to why foam is better. if you messed up putting a foam filter on im pretty sure your opinions will be disregarded. what research have you done ? have you had the pipe on your bike ? have you seen some of the dynos ? have you talked extensively with the owner ? no, you probably got in an arguement with someone and was made to look like a fool. i dont see why price is an issue im sure if you have a 450r. I'm sure mommy and daddy will buy you whatever pipe you want. im done with this thread i cant argue with some stupid kid that cant even install a filter.
r u that bbq guy by any chance LMFAO

kazpr
11-29-2004, 05:07 PM
LOL this post got real funny fast

11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
thats some funny reading. ur mad about a filter and u argued with a guy that made you look stupid. it doesnt take a genius to figure out that a kn is not the best solution for your bike. i have a kn on my jeep and all i have to do is look at the intake tube to tell that its not the best filter. they let dirt thru. dirt damages engine. r u seeing a connection as to why foam is better. if you messed up putting a foam filter on im pretty sure your opinions will be disregarded. what research have you done ? have you had the pipe on your bike ? have you seen some of the dynos ? have you talked extensively with the owner ? no, you probably got in an arguement with someone and was made to look like a fool. i dont see why price is an issue im sure if you have a 450r than mommy and daddy will buy you whatever pipe you want. im done with this thread i cant argue with some stupid kid that cant even install a filter.
r u that bbq guy by any chance LMFAO

actually...i made him look stupid...he acted like all this lab testing is really gonna see what filter is better...fact is k&n makes more hp and works better wether or not u want to admit it or not...anyone that has used a k&n properly will know this...and i didnt mess up putting it on...u think its hard to put a filter on...doesnt take a genious to work a screw driver and slip a filter on...and i kno my engine like the back of my hand...much less how the airbox is...my research is looking at dynos...askin for feedback from others that have seen it in action...and talkin to the maker of the pipe...which is a complete dumb@$$...but i will give him credit...he knows a lot...he just doesnt understand the fact that he is making his company look bad trying to fight with people etc...yes ive seen the dynos...how do u kno the 500cc he had...he miss matched parts on and it actually made it run worse...u dont...exactly..its not hard to make a 450cc faster then a 500...it really isnt...u plain and simple are a first hand example of the unaware...u say k&n is bad...u ever tried 1 on ur bike...do u know how to clean and oil them properly...probably not...and acutally my "mommy and daddy" dont buy me anything...much less am i some kid who knows nothing...not only am i not a kid...i know extensivly about engines and what works...and what doesnt...but u can continue to ramble on about how great the womens pleasure toy pulse charger is...or you can step up and learn the facts :macho

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
lol...this post wasnt meant to be this wat:rolleyes:

Ridin' Jesse
11-29-2004, 07:02 PM
neways...jeepnrocks....do u have aim? id like to talk more but not if the posts gonna go like this lol

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 07:51 PM
No i dont have aim but you can pm me.
i can't argue with this guy anymore. its common knowledge that a straight k&n filter will let more dirt through than a foam filter. i still don't undestand how a foam filter screwed his bike up either. i have had a k&n on my jeep and 4 wheeled it extensively. It's a fact that they will let more dirt through than a foam filter. This guy is all over the place he says I talked to the owner of the company and he is a complete dumb***** then says I give him credit he knows alot ?????? Hello did you take your meds today?

kssandduner
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Jeep'n buddy, you're putting a lot of faith in a pipe that you don't even have yet, and have never even rode a bike with one on it. Or have you?? I think you should stop bashing all of our fav pipes at least until you get your vicious pipe. And even when you do get it, you're probably going to tell us it's the best pipe ever because you've talked it up so much, you won't want to admit you're wrong! For $700 it better not only make my 450 the fastest, it better suck my **** while I'm passing all the guys with Sparks pipes! I only paid $450 for my Nmotion pipe, and it has allen head bolts instead of rivots, big deal. All I'm saying is I hope it's as good as you THINK it is.

Joe

jeepnrocks
11-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Thanks Joe I have never been dissapointed in anything I have researched extensively.

kssandduner
11-30-2004, 05:47 AM
So in all your extensive research, do you agree with the dyno results that Honda Racer was talking about?? Do you agree that it doesn't start making power till the top end?? I'm not a big fan of "dyno racing," but just curious. So when do you finally get the beast?? It's about time someone makes a pipe that can compete with my Nmotion!! :D

Joe

Karizz
11-30-2004, 06:25 AM
my sparks tested 104 db 3 times at the GNCC's this past season.

roughrider01
11-30-2004, 06:34 AM
$700... No way! I would never pay that much for a pipe that maybe makes 1 hp more then a $350 pipe. All the pipes out there for the 450r are so close in hp increases, just close your eyes and pick.

jeepnrocks
11-30-2004, 04:37 PM
no i completely disagree. with him. from the dyno i saw it beat the "other pipe all the way around" but the part that is really cool is the overrev. with alot of the other pipes i have seen the power drops off before you hit the rev limit. with this pipe it just keeps pulling and pulling. I'll have one very soon and I'll post more info then. I don't really want to say much more about it until I have one. 99 percent of the people will just flame me because they either have another pipe or becasue dirt wheels said this pipe is best.

brif
11-30-2004, 05:17 PM
I have personnaly saw the pulse charger perform on the dyno and it does what he claims. One of the dyno's you saw was either 86's or mine. I had a pulse charger in my hands about aweek ago and it's a real nice pipe.
Price wise you get what you pay for. As far as spending acouple hundred bucks more for a 1 or 2 horses, whats wrong with that. Most of us who have played this game for long have spent more than that for less.
I have some more motor work coming soon and I'm going to top it off with a pulse charger. I'll get some comparative dyno's against my full yoshi alittle closer to spring.
As far as the owner, he about as good guy as you'll ever find to deal with. Sometimes people get all worked up because they hear something other than what they want to hear.

lukester720
12-02-2004, 03:30 AM
I'm buying the Pulsecharger too, If anyone wants to buy my Sparks Pipe shoot me a PM. It has not dents or bends and performs great, I will sell it for $325 dollars shipped. There is a little melted rubber on the header but once you get the header hot it will scrape right off.

I think there is a lot of misguided information floating around about the pulsecharger exhaust in here. It will be proving itself at tracks everywhere so keep your eyes peeled and your googles on. :D I have probably seen more dyno results and racing R+D on this pipe than anyone else on this whole site, besides maybe 86atc250r since he already has his. ;)

I'm not saying that anyone elses pipe sucks either so please keep the bashing to a minimum.:D

Ridin' Jesse
12-02-2004, 02:35 PM
lukester when u getting it? when you do lemme know wha you think of it compared to the sparks...i want some comparisons from people who arent manufactures heh...send me a pm if u need

lukester720
12-02-2004, 02:52 PM
No problem Jesse, I will be sure to tell you more about it once I get my hands on it.:D

devil6
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
ive done a considerable amount of research on this pipe...i can tell u right now...for 1...its not worth $700...for 2...the maker and associates of him are big time @$$holes and have no idea how to build engines what so ever...for 3...this pipe does not work at all...the low end shows no gains at all...until u reach almost full throttle...then this pipe rips it up...it is a little better then most pipes on top end...but thats it...its a big time waste...and i wouldnt want nething to do with the people who made it or have nething to do with it...the guy that made this pipe was trying to convince me that a k&n was a pos filter and that foam owned it...well i have done a little engine building of my own and my own tests...well he called me a little kid and said i was unaware and stupid and i had no idea what i was talking bout...but hey riding my bike in sand, dust, dirt, mud, ice, and snow...over the period of 2 years...i have had no engine problems...the first time i threw a foam on it...i went to the dunes...the engine f'ed up...i even raced MHSC which is a hare scrambles series with an open air box with a k&n...no problems...and thats all im ever gonne run from now on...and he says that my evidence is not worthy...like he is the god of all and he cant accept that he is wrong...well ill tell u wrong...a $700 pipe that makes no gains anywhere but the top...that looks as stupid as that...:grr:...and so what it makes power with 96 dbs...wow big accomplishment...u can get power from any pipe and just put a silencing core in it...its not that hard...and ya most companies do sell that as a mod...so what...their pipe doesnt cost $700 either Where do you get this info that this is a top end only pipe? have you rode it? Have you seen or held in your hands a dyno sheet from it? Um, no. So why are you spreading rumors that this is a junk pipe? And that it only has minimum gains on the top? So you build engins huh? what is your valve clearance? What cam do you run and why? Ypu also claim that anyone can put a quiet core in their pipe.Well that is true, but can they build the same hp with one as without? NO! they cannot!Also, john is a physacist, So he's probably not "dumb".There is plenty of info at .org or yfz central for those who wish to research this pipe. I guess i'm replying out of irritation with you constantly bashing this pipe. You should not insult what you do not understand. And i have a verry hard time believing that your motor broke solely due to you running a foam filter. I have NEVER seen sand penetrate a uni or any foam filter.

devil6
12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
actually...i made him look stupid...he acted like all this lab testing is really gonna see what filter is better...fact is k&n makes more hp and works better wether or not u want to admit it or not...anyone that has used a k&n properly will know this...and i didnt mess up putting it on...u think its hard to put a filter on...doesnt take a genious to work a screw driver and slip a filter on...and i kno my engine like the back of my hand...much less how the airbox is...my research is looking at dynos...askin for feedback from others that have seen it in action...and talkin to the maker of the pipe...which is a complete dumb@$$...but i will give him credit...he knows a lot...he just doesnt understand the fact that he is making his company look bad trying to fight with people etc...yes ive seen the dynos...how do u kno the 500cc he had...he miss matched parts on and it actually made it run worse...u dont...exactly..its not hard to make a 450cc faster then a 500...it really isnt...u plain and simple are a first hand example of the unaware...u say k&n is bad...u ever tried 1 on ur bike...do u know how to clean and oil them properly...probably not...and acutally my "mommy and daddy" dont buy me anything...much less am i some kid who knows nothing...not only am i not a kid...i know extensivly about engines and what works...and what doesnt...but u can continue to ramble on about how great the womens pleasure toy pulse charger is...or you can step up and learn the facts :macho LOL, you did not make his look stupid, you tucked tail and ran! the 500 you refer to is brif's i do believe, and they were matched parts, Alot of SPARKS PARTS if i remember correctly. With a yosh exhaust. And if it is so easy to make a 450 faster than a 500, why do you want a 500 kit? You have been asking for info for about a month, maybe more. And yes i have run k&n, go one right now, but it's on a 2 stroke, my 4 strokes get uni's. How old are you? just curiouse.