PDA

View Full Version : shock setup question

xsr_racing28c
11-27-2004, 07:20 PM
aight i don't have the money right now to go out and get new shocks, but until i do, i was wondering what the best setup would be for the stock shocks... i am +2 burgard a arms, and a +4 LSR axle in the rear.. i will be using the 450 r this winter for ice, but would like to know a setup for mx with the stockers...

i plan to get the c&d rebuild, but for now i have to use what i got..thanks for any input.. ~Jason

Jersey450R
11-27-2004, 08:32 PM
i run mine with the preload all the way out, the compression around the middle, and the rebound all the way in with a half turn out (but theres no rebound in the rear stocker anyway)

Hammer trx450r
11-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
i run mine with the preload all the way out, the compression around the middle, and the rebound all the way in with a half turn out (but theres no rebound in the rear stocker anyway)

Why no rebound? im almost sure mine had it

Mxracer53
11-27-2004, 09:29 PM
mine has the same ajust screws as the front does ?

Jersey450R
11-27-2004, 09:37 PM
no guys, i was saying how the read shock "has" no rebound...like it dosent come up slow.
Hammer, the ribs are BAD :o

Mxracer53
11-27-2004, 09:41 PM
ohh ok i get what ur sayin, yeh i ajusted my rear end hard so i woulnd notice it.

Hammer trx450r
11-28-2004, 05:39 AM
no guys, i was saying how the read shock "has" no rebound...like it dosent come up slow.
Hammer, the ribs are BAD :o

I see what u r saying. and rib injuries last forever. That was a good day out there, its about time i had some other quads to race around with. Been riding with bikes before this yr, its like a whole new world

Jersey450R
11-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
I see what u r saying. and rib injuries last forever. That was a good day out there, its about time i had some other quads to race around with. Been riding with bikes before this yr, its like a whole new world

yea it was a good day, i wish i felt 100% though. everytime i hit a bump no matter what size it feels like a knife is going into my side. this sucks. when you love riding so much and you cant ride to your potential, thats the worst. tommy was relentless yesterday, i dont think he shut his quad off once, lol.

Hammer trx450r
11-28-2004, 08:13 AM
yea it was a good day, i wish i felt 100% though. everytime i hit a bump no matter what size it feels like a knife is going into my side. this sucks. when you love riding so much and you cant ride to your potential, thats the worst. tommy was relentless yesterday, i dont think he shut his quad off once, lol.

He's got a good teacher;) :p

chris450R
11-28-2004, 01:06 PM
yeah the best setup for stock shocks is to run the pre-load all the way out and up compression and go towards hard on rebound(to slow it). compared to a yfz rebound the 450R's rebound is really fast even on full hard. i got a buddy with a yfz and he wanted me to try and set his suspension up like mine, for mx. and i started on the rear shock and adjusted the rebound and man it was a big difference from my R. anyway enough about a yamahopper, hopefully for christmas i will be getting the C&D shock revalve and respring.