PDA

View Full Version : Help or gonna blow motor.

sikblak400
11-27-2004, 05:50 PM
i just put in a dirt digger clutch kit and was first clutch kit i ever put in. ok the way i put it in was the way the old one came off. it went disc/spacerplate/disc/spacerplate and so on.. but i forgot which way the last one went on? are all the plates soposed to line up the same or is the end on soposed to be in the other slots? plus i torqued the nutsw/springs to 145 inch pounds. is that good?

now with the carb. i also put an edelbrock quicksilver 38mm carb on. it went on great but what is the side lever that rotates? i dont see and linkage to hook it up to so what is it?

mojoe2878
11-27-2004, 05:58 PM
all the clutch plates line up in the deeper slot except for the last one, it goes in the shallow slot. as far as torqueing the bolts down, there is no set torque specs for those bolts, i just snug them up real good, so what you have already torqued them to should be good, they will break easily if over tightened.
i dont know about the quick silver carb.

sikblak400
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
i put the side cases back on and everything but i didnt put the last plate on diffrent then the others. i put it on the same. what will the diffrence be?

BSTURDIVANT
11-27-2004, 09:35 PM
It will still work- it's designed to put the last disc that way to keep from chewing up the clutch more when it wears so far. When it wears down to the point it needs replaced, it will bottom out on the notched out section and just slip! Change it when you get a chance (before too much wear)

sikblak400
11-28-2004, 07:15 AM
well seeing that this is a brand new clutch and i am really not so hard on it. i really dont have to change that last disc untill i nned to replace another clutch? i would just hate to rip apart the whole side again to re-do that. but if it is something that must be done then i guess i am going to have to do it.

anyone got info on the carb yet?

TC426EX
11-28-2004, 10:37 AM
dont know about the carb, but all youd need to do is just get a clutch side gasket and pull the cover off and fix it. Not a big deal and not much money. I would fix it and do it right seeing that you took the effort to put a new clutch in there and all man...