PDA

View Full Version : carb flooding part 2

04-19-2002, 10:44 AM
i have been letting my 400 run until it dies after i turn the gas off to keep the carb from getting extra gas while it bounces in the back of my 3/4ton 4x4 truck. This worked for a while and this morning i had to push start it AGAIN to get it to fire and run. i had to set it on the grab bar with the gas off and let the overflow hose to run out all the gas that was in the bowl. and pushed it more. finally it did fire and run.
has anybody have run into this? is something wrong with my carb float? or my fuel shut off?

another question is there a way i can still start up in gear if i take off the stock parking brake and clutch assembly? can i save that switch?
thanks

Blackguywithouta400
04-19-2002, 11:07 AM
I had the problem where my carb would drain fuel through the overflow at the bottom of the carb, it sounds like the needle valve is not seating in the carb. I took mine apart many times to fix this but never could i even got a new needle valve, the seats on the carb where this happens is right above the float it pushes on this needle valve. None of these are adjustable so you might need to get a new carb if yours is under warrenty. Mine was so i got a new one. u might try to take it apart and clean the floats and the needle valve seat with carb cleaner and pencil eraser, if your getting gas in there after you turn your gass off then there is a problem there, the carbs hold a lot of gas in them. Have you jetted your quad? If so check your jets make sure there tight and everything is in working order there. Hope this helps