PDA

View Full Version : What color?

hondardr4life
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I am going to buy an HMF silencer to modify to fit my fmf header. I can't decide what color to the pipe in. I either want red, black, or the regular polished look. I have never seen one on a 300 so if any of you have, what looks better? If it helps, my 300 has black front fenders and red back fenders.

nosliw
11-27-2004, 09:37 PM
i've got that gun metal finish on my red 400ex and it looks really nice

i'm assuming that it's red because only a moron would consider puting a red pipe on a yellow quad, so..

i'd go with black or that gun metal finish,

or the polished if you already have a lot of polished/chrome components. kind of keep whatever theme you have going, you know?

m250r
11-27-2004, 11:27 PM
y dont you get rid of teh FMF header and buy a white bros that way you dont have to modify it?

foster
11-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Instead of modifying it to fit your fmf header why dont u just by a complete hmf exhaust like a normal person

by the way I have the gun metal finish on my 400ex and it is really good looking

m250r
11-28-2004, 12:00 AM
they dont sell complete exhausts for the 300

hondardr4life
11-28-2004, 06:43 AM
Ya, i was going to buy a full system, but like he said, they dont have 1 for the 300. I would buy WB headers but I dont have much money to work with.

m250r
11-28-2004, 09:34 AM
you can get a white bros header for $109.99 or something like that off of Rocky Mountain ATV

hondardr4life
11-28-2004, 12:05 PM
How won't I have to modify it? I must have stated this wrong, I am going to modify the HMF so that it fits the header. If you have ever looked at the HMF slip on, it has a piece that sticks out where it is supposed to attach to your stock head pipe. All I believe I have to do is cut that part off and slide it on to the head pipe. So I dont think that a WB header will make a difference at all.

m250r
11-28-2004, 12:23 PM
alrite man..good luck..u cant always go by how it looks on the internet

400exr
11-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hondardr4life
How won't I have to modify it? I must have stated this wrong, I am going to modify the HMF so that it fits the header. If you have ever looked at the HMF slip on, it has a piece that sticks out where it is supposed to attach to your stock head pipe. All I believe I have to do is cut that part off and slide it on to the head pipe. So I dont think that a WB header will make a difference at all.

:confused: Ya, but if you cut that part off then your going to have to weld another piece on, or else it's going to be too short. If you don't weld another piece on, then your mounting tab on the pipe won't line up with the mounting tab on your sub frame. I don't know, maybe I understood you wrong, but either way it'd suck if you screwed up a new HMF.

400exstud
11-28-2004, 04:53 PM
get pink!!!

jk get black. JMO

hondardr4life
11-28-2004, 04:58 PM
I understand what your all saying, but my headpipe connects to my muffler about 1 inch from where the muffler starts. So I think that all I have to do is cut the HMF. But I will haveto look at it. doesnt look like it will fit then i guess I will buy WB hearders. Do they have the same diameter as fmf for as much exhaust flow?

400exr
11-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Another thing you will have too consider is that the bend of the HMF pipe is different than the bend of the header that you are using. They might not connect because there off a bit. I hope you get that.. lol!!