PDA

View Full Version : Someone is gonna get thier A kicked!

440ex2001
11-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Whats up guys. A couple weeks ago someone broke my mail box off post and all and stole it. We put a new one up and today some one put a pound of crap in it a smeared all over the sides. I have no idea who keeps doing this. I dont know if its retaliation for riding quads in my yard or what but I am really ticked. If someone is mad about me and my friends riding in my yard they could just tell me. We all run stock pipes when Im in my yard so they should not have a reason to get mad. I'm gonna start watching things like a hawk. Any suggestions to what I should do to these guys if and when I catch them? Im thinking potato cannon passenger side window.

FasstMidnightZ
11-27-2004, 03:27 PM
get a cammera set it up and sit back and watch

Kilabanshee
11-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah sit a camera up in your yard somewere like hondaexrider said so you can always be on some type of survalance. If you find out who it is Ide just get a baseball bat and give him one nice shot to the chest. Or if you know were he lives just mess up his stuff...

SRH
11-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Whats up guys. A couple weeks ago someone broke my mail box off post and all and stole it. We put a new one up and today some one put a pound of crap in it a smeared all over the sides. I have no idea who keeps doing this. I dont know if its retaliation for riding quads in my yard or what but I am really ticked. If someone is mad about me and my friends riding in my yard they could just tell me. We all run stock pipes when Im in my yard so they should not have a reason to get mad. I'm gonna start watching things like a hawk. Any suggestions to what I should do to these guys if and when I catch them? Im thinking potato cannon passenger side window.

no!call the cops they will get in trouble vadalizing or stealing a mail box is a federal crime i think the most sensible thing to do is set up a video camera in your window point to the mail box and leave it on record, revier the tape each day and ull get them eventually, get a really nice mail box put it out there and wait for them to strike turn the video into the police and press charges on the criminals

theTman
11-27-2004, 03:30 PM
haha! sounds like my neighbors mailbox...its been smashed 10 times this year

SRH
11-27-2004, 03:32 PM
retaliating is stupid dont vandalise there stuff or beat em up, it will only get you in trouble and make you look immature, make them reimburst you for the vandalism, and i beleive they will get in trouble for tampering with mail...stuff

440ex2001
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
I've already called the cops. They didnt even come out they just made a report of it. I am going to try the camera idea. I wish I could think of a way to coax them back out so I can catch them.

flyingbyfast400
11-27-2004, 06:02 PM
KICK THERE *** SEABASS :devil:

chucked
11-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I've already called the cops. They didnt even come out they just made a report of it. I am going to try the camera idea. I wish I could think of a way to coax them back out so I can catch them.

Get a really nice mailbox!

kicken250x
11-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by theTman
haha! sounds like my neighbors mailbox...its been smashed 10 times this year

every mail box on my road got smashed 2 times in one month except for mine and everyone thought it was me that did it when for once i didnt

bulkdriverlp
11-27-2004, 06:44 PM
yea what he said, set up a video cam somewhare that points to ur mailbox and record it all. unless the cops see somebody do it, theres nothin theyl do about it. video evidence will stand up in court. or get a deer cam, one that you would use for huntin and hang it high and on an angle so it takes the pic but they wont be able to smash it too easily. if anybody as much as opens ur mailbox it is a federal offence. and if u get caught you go to federal prision, not the county clink

Scott-300ex
11-27-2004, 06:59 PM
same exact thing happened with my uncle, they kept beating his mailbox with baseball bats and pulling it out and taking it and throwing it on the road so he built one of his own, 1/4 inch piece of pipe that was 1 foot round diameter for the bottom(into the ground) and for the top piece, all they could do is spray paint bugs bunny on it, they stopped for good then, couldn't touch it.:p :devil:

440ex2001
11-27-2004, 07:01 PM
they could still smear dog crap all over it like they did Mine.

Scott-300ex
11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
soak it up with wd-40 and a lot of it will slide off, and put some tacks on the ground so they step on them when they walk up to it.

chucked
11-27-2004, 07:09 PM
one of my neighbors made one out of 3/4" thick steel, and a big *** I-beam as the post, its about 7' in the ground, Also, it has a target painted on it.

ThumPIN_450R
11-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
put some tacks on the ground so they step on them when they walk up to it.

but then how does he get the mail?

Scott-300ex
11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
but then how does he get the mail?

very carefully

angieyes
11-27-2004, 07:19 PM
a gun

kicken250x
11-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by angieyes
a gun

a big gun...

tp300ex
11-27-2004, 09:10 PM
get a paintball gun sit by ur window and when u see um unload on there *****:devil:

SRH
11-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
get a paintball gun sit by ur window and when u see um unload on there *****:devil:

thats illegal

tp300ex
11-27-2004, 10:02 PM
wat there doin is to!!!

SRH
11-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
wat there doin is to!!!

yeah let the law take care of it, the cops are gonna do one of these :rolleyes: if he does soemthing childish like shoot them with a paintball gun, there going to think the vandals were provoked , but if he shows hes being adult about the situation theyll nail them wh en they catch em

Pappy
11-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah let the law take care of it, the cops are gonna do one of these :rolleyes: if he does soemthing childish like shoot them with a paintball gun, there going to think the vandals were provoked , but if he shows hes being adult about the situation theyll nail them wh en they catch em

that sounds like sound advice to me:cool:

nosliw
11-27-2004, 11:41 PM
we had this '70 mopar that these punk *** kids would always let the air out of the tires when i was at work. one day i decided to let a good friend of mine (electrician) do something about it.

i don't know exactly what he did, but he got it on video and those kids got zapped soooo damn bad when they touched it i almost felt bad.... almost

something to consider

LazeR
11-28-2004, 12:01 AM
I say, catch them on tape, give it to the cops let them deal with it! I think its like 25000 dollars for tampering with a mailbox and some nice time behind bars!

Kilabanshee
11-28-2004, 09:32 AM
Yeah whatever you do just wait and dont do anything physical maybe you can get some money out or this and possibly a new quad could show up at your door.

chucked
11-28-2004, 09:35 AM
black mail... haha

bama400ex
11-28-2004, 09:58 AM
run an extension cord out there. strip some wire on it. hook it up to the mailbox, with the power wire on one side and the ground wire across from it. now plug it in at night. dont forget to unplug it for the mail carrier though.

brif
11-28-2004, 10:00 AM
Get yourself a game cam and set it up high enough that they can't reach it and eventually you should get a pic of someone other than the mailman or yourself.......

SRH
11-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by bama400ex
run an extension cord out there. strip some wire on it. hook it up to the mailbox, with the power wire on one side and the ground wire across from it. now plug it in at night. dont forget to unplug it for the mail carrier though.

if something happened to the people he would be responsible....same as if your property is posted you dig a hole and cover it with leaves they fall and break your leg they can sue...same type of deal, im pretty sure the fine for destroying a mail box is biggg

BSTURDIVANT
11-28-2004, 10:33 AM
A friend of ours had his beat with a ball bad 3 times -they would drive by at 20mph and hit it with a bat- until he took it off and filled with concrete for the following Sat. nite-yea they hit it that nite, but must have done serious damage on the other end -never happened again!!

440ex2001
11-28-2004, 10:45 AM
It happened again. I woke up last night to my dogs barking. I didnt ignore them this time I woke up and shot my spot light down to the end of the drive way. It was really foggy so i didnt see anything. This morning my mailbox was leaning over almost pulled out of the ground. I guess I'm gonna have to start camping out up there.

tp300ex
11-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah let the law take care of it, the cops are gonna do one of these :rolleyes: if he does soemthing childish like shoot them with a paintball gun, there going to think the vandals were provoked , but if he shows hes being adult about the situation theyll nail them wh en they catch em true:macho

Punk'd
11-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Barbwire your mailbox:D or...

tell the cops because messing with mailboxes is a very serious crime and they will send out undercover postal spy type people to watch you stuff every now n then. (i guess there like cops undercover) ??

Happend to my neighbor and thats what they said they'd do for him. Just be real nice about it. ;)

Punk'd
11-28-2004, 10:57 AM
It happened again. I woke up last night to my dogs barking. I didnt ignore them this time I woke up and shot my spot light down to the end of the drive way. It was really foggy so i didnt see anything. This morning my mailbox was leaning over almost pulled out of the ground. I guess I'm gonna have to start camping out up there.

Then they will tie your tent to the back of there truck n drag u places.

or if you can camp somewere your sure they wont see you.. Maybe if theres a close by tree build a tree stand and watch:confused:

OR buy one of those nice big brick mailbox's with the mailbox built inside.