PDA

View Full Version : 250x

Frostmx486
11-27-2004, 02:58 PM
I need some more bottem end. My cousin has a 2000 400ex. im looking for more bottem end and overall performance. What can i do? I have a K & N air filter, FMF Megamax 2 silencer and header and its been jetted. Ive thought about putting a high compression piston and going to a 12 tooth front sprocket. When i started putting parts on my quad i didnt know alot about quads so i just took the advice from the guy that works at a local honda dealership. Is there anything i could of done better or anything i could do better? Also ive replaced the rear axle carrier with a lonestar carrier, new wheel bearings in the front, Kenda dominator front and rear tires, Motion pro hand throttle, maier hand guards, dg front bumper, dg nerf bars, and a dg grab bar. Any advice for tricking this thing out some more? Stock plastic with a few major cracks and stock graphics...

Trujeepr
11-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Frostmx486
I need some more bottem end. My cousin has a 2000 400ex. im looking for more bottem end and overall performance. What can i do? I have a K & N air filter, FMF Megamax 2 silencer and header and its been jetted. Ive thought about putting a high compression piston and going to a 12 tooth front sprocket. When i started putting parts on my quad i didnt know alot about quads so i just took the advice from the guy that works at a local honda dealership. Is there anything i could of done better or anything i could do better? Also ive replaced the rear axle carrier with a lonestar carrier, new wheel bearings in the front, Kenda dominator front and rear tires, Motion pro hand throttle, maier hand guards, dg front bumper, dg nerf bars, and a dg grab bar. Any advice for tricking this thing out some more? Stock plastic with a few major cracks and stock graphics...

What does this have to do with a 250?????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

stonerider250x
11-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Trujeepr
What does this have to do with a 250?????
:confused: :confused: :confused:

he wants to know how he can make his keep up with a 400.:p

its gonna take alot more than what u got and a piston. i ahve a 275 big bore, 12:1 comp piston, 38mm carb, dmc exhaust, k&n filter, web race cam, hard weld rocker arms, kibblewhite valves, ebc cluthch and port and polish job and it would still be a close race witha 400:o

drifterx
11-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
he wants to know how he can make his keep up with a 400.:p

its gonna take alot more than what u got and a piston. i ahve a 275 big bore, 12:1 comp piston, 38mm carb, dmc exhaust, k&n filter, web race cam, hard weld rocker arms, kibblewhite valves, ebc cluthch and port and polish job and it would still be a close race witha 400:o

And stonerider, you've got one of the sweetest 250x's i've ever seen. You actually raced a 400 yet? If you havn't, i can't wait to hear about when you do! How you like that DMC pipe?

stonerider250x
11-27-2004, 06:49 PM
no i havent raced a 400 yet but theres a guy down the road with a z im gonna race next time he rides.

the dmc isnt mine its out_siders but i really like it it has a great sound. i love the deep throaty sound of my quad with the high comp piston and all. but i really cant tell difference betweenn the power with the old cobra but it deffinatly looks and sounds better.

drifterx
11-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
no i havent raced a 400 yet but theres a guy down the road with a z im gonna race next time he rides.

the dmc isnt mine its out_siders but i really like it it has a great sound. i love the deep throaty sound of my quad with the high comp piston and all. but i really cant tell difference betweenn the power with the old cobra but it deffinatly looks and sounds better.

Sweet! Let us know how you do against the z!