PDA

View Full Version : 87 250x Needs a little help!

Frostmx486
11-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Im new to the forums but being since all i ride are honda quads i feel at home. I have an 87 250x that needs a little help. Its been a great quad for the past few years but its taken a beating over those years.. The back plastic is cracked on one side and i need some new graphics. Does anyone know where i can get some cheap aftermarket plastic and a new graphics kit? I have the stock plastic and im not really sure what color i should go with. I thought about just buying a new front and rear fender but the tank cover and the shroud under the handle bars would still be red.. Any advice?

JRP
11-27-2004, 02:54 PM
well i dont knwo any cheap one but if u want nice good looking plastics go with either maier or fullbore. i mean there not cheap but i would go with maier becuz there not as expensive.... http://www.maier-mfg.com/shop.cfm?action=list&page=list.cfm&criteria=101&makeid=10&modelid=167

Frostmx486
11-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks! I like the silver plastic with maybe a black gas tank cover and the other plastic peices that are in the center. What about a graphics kit? Ive been searching around and ive found alot for a 300ex but they say 300ex on the decals

drifterx
11-27-2004, 05:18 PM
I just found an awesome graphics kit for the 300 (it comes with a seat cover, tank graphics, fender graphics, and a nose graphic). It was on www.dmpcovers.com I'll get some when i need some new graphics for sure!

Jonesy
11-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Maier plastics don't use the stock hood or gas tank cover. It is one solid piece. I like fullbore (expensive) because it is thicker than stock, and looks much better.

as far as graphics order some generic graphics that don't have any model designations on them.

drifterx
11-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Maier says the full fenders they sell (not the race ones with the add-on fenders) need a tank cover, which they sell also. I dunno i could be wrong, but i thats they way i took it. :confused:

Jonesy
11-27-2004, 06:11 PM
It's been a little bit since i looked at maiers plastic. Last time i looked they only sold the race cut with the add on fenders. I'll have to check into this OEM style plastic.

Another option for you is UFO plastic, they make factory looking front and rear plastic.

drifterx
11-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Ya, i never knew they sold the full fender factory style till i looked at their actual website. I think they look pretty sweet! I want some in blue when my stock ones crap out on me!

stonerider250x
11-27-2004, 06:40 PM
u do need a tank cover for the full fenders. if u aint lookin to spend 200 bucks or more on plastic u should look into a nicer stock set the blue and white plastics on the 91 and 92 looked good.