PDA

View Full Version : Protection with Money orders

Chanman420q
11-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Is there anyway to protect your self with a money order. Im buying some shocks and the ammount isnt something i want to mess with. The seller cant take Paypal. I just want some sence of security.

Ralph
11-27-2004, 01:54 PM
He could send it COD and then you give the delivery guy the money order.

Chanman420q
11-27-2004, 01:57 PM
ive never done a COD before, how does that work. like how is it setup, where do you leave the oney order, do i have to hand it to him my self etc etc

Ralph
11-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
ive never done a COD before, how does that work. like how is it setup, where do you leave the oney order, do i have to hand it to him my self etc etc

i havent done it in a while but i think u just give the delivery guy the money and they get it back to the shipper.

Juggalo
11-27-2004, 04:22 PM
i believe you can cancell a money order if something goes wrong..i dunno tho..i have used money orders for all of my purchases and nothings gone wrong yet! knock on wood

SGA
11-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Have the seller send it COD. When you get the merchandise, look it over, then give the delivery person the MO. The delivery person hands it in and its sent to the seller. There is a extra charge for something shipped COD and you're prob going to have to pay it if you want peace of mind.

bulkdriverlp
11-27-2004, 06:48 PM
no i dont think you can stop payment on a money order. what you can do is give the seller a post dated check so you have time to look at the merchandice, if somethings wrong tell the bank to stop payment,

gun32boarder
11-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
no i dont think you can stop payment on a money order. what you can do is give the seller a post dated check so you have time to look at the merchandice, if somethings wrong tell the bank to stop payment,

the best way to do it is cod the carge is like 7 bucks tops and most sellers will make you wait till the check clears to send the merchandice anyway

big-guy
11-28-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
The seller cant take Paypal.

Why not? It doesn't cost anything for either of you. Sure, it might take a week and a half, but it's relatively secure... aside from a personal check (which you can't stop payment on after it's cleared anyway).

89'350RX
11-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Most shipping companies (UPS) will not allow you to open the package to examine the contents unless the delivery driver has the check. You give the driver a check, you get the box and can then open it.

Check first.

Ralph
11-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 89'350RX
Most shipping companies (UPS) will not allow you to open the package to examine the contents unless the delivery driver has the check. You give the driver a check, you get the box and can then open it.

Check first.

yeah i think it is like that.